Online and offline multiplayer confirmed

Discussion in 'Console' started by 505Games, Dec 21, 2012.

1. 505Games 505Games

daaseemas, Mohajid, Morfessa and 10 others like this.
  2. Yay! :D
    505Games likes this.
  3. Mr.Person Moth

Heh, this is kinda cool!

To all haters: Get out. =)
    MantasX12 and m31k like this.
  4. Loki ISP Moderator

Gah. Not on Facebook...or I can't remember my login if I am.

Can we lift the pic to post here?

This is awesome, btw - especially the offline.

For online, how will hosting work:
    Connection reqs?
    Hosts map I assume...but will guests get to keep items tied to their character like on the pc?
    Will everyone need the map or just the host?
    Along those lines, will there be a way to share maps - privately or publicly? How will that work?

Just a few questions that came to mind.

Cheers! :)
  5. Mythril Guy Voodoo Demon

Here it is, and for all who want too see it that don't have/or can't remember there login stuff for Facebook.
    602714_439718552760717_1612005290_n.jpg
  6. ZaQen Yellow Slime

Amazing! Is there a way to pre-order? Local multiplayer will be amazing! =D
  7. Gmodlol61 Lihzahrd

Sounds pretty much like the normal Terraria session.
    MantasX12 and Lord Carver like this.
  8. Loki ISP Moderator

Nice - so standard split screen then (with its pros and cons). Nice add that most of us cannot currently enjoy!

Found this on 505's profile that adds a few tidbits - pretty standard (at least on XBL). I still would love to know how map and character files will work.

Side note: will be interesting to see folks play and build when they lack invedit, etc...

Bullseye55 likes this.
  9. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

some questions:
    • is there an option for people to keep their inventory items on server join, so people can start w/ 400 health but no inventory items but the default lot?
    • is it possible to get more than 8 players if your internet is good? (up to 20 or something)
    • is there an option to change the way split-screen looks? if it's 2-player, can you change between vertical and horizontal?
  10. FireballJoe Eskimo Zombie

I just gained infinately more respect for this game.
    505Games likes this.
  11. Nakano15 Corruptor

hey 505,i have an idea that may be usefull for you.
    nearby to june or july,you could end terraria,and put a message saying that terraria was an awesome game,and then launch a wii u version of the game,with new unique contents,i think that you will be RICH A LOT.
  12. robflop Yellow Slime

#totally awesome idea.
    "Who needs the pc version anyways" /sarcasm off
    Lulitsian likes this.
  13. Classikly Flying Snake

Yikes, split-screen Terraria.
  14. I'm not sure if this has been asked, but is Cross-Platform supported? Pc to PS3 or Pc to X-Box360 and vice versa?
  15. Blu Moderator

I think I remember seeing that it wasn't viable at the moment, sadly... but they know it's something players are interested in, so who knows!
  16. Star and Moon Blood Crawler

YES! I LOVE IT!
  17. MrCreeper123125 Hell Bat

18. Chain Green Slime

Woot! Now I can force my woman to play Terraria some more! (she gave up cuz her laptop sucks)
  19. MantasX12 Dungeon Guardian

Terraria split screen yah !:D Can't wait for more ! AHHHH ! :confused:.I better go eat my crazy pancakes !:oops:
    505Games likes this.
  20. Triforce Pigron

Did anyone else notice that the Fiery Greatword is off center and he had 83 crystal hearts?