[Other] Online Character Generator

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Krios, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Krios Green Slime

Wouldn't it be awesome if there was an online character generator where you could make a jpg of a terraria character using all the items and stuff?

Feedback please
  2. Maplestrip Corruptor

Though I don't NEED it, it would be useful, so I agree with you :) However, it shouldn't be jpg, as for the quality, I prefer png. If they just show a good quality picture you can copy/screenshot to paint, I'm happy :)
  3. Thade'c Green Slime

I would love to do this!
    But imagine if you could have buttons with interactive moves maybe 'Dance' 'Talk' 'Walk' 'Shoot' 'Mine' 'Stab'
    Like that?
  4. Maplestrip Corruptor

It would be more like "Swing Copper Axe", "Swing Iron Broadsword" and "Swing Molten Pickaxe" though XD
  5. Thade'c Green Slime

Yeah your probably right :)
    It wouldn't be that useful but fun.
  6. Maplestrip Corruptor

I could probably use it :)
  7. Thade'c Green Slime

It might satisfy me for when I'm bored or sad...
  8. ARANDOMGUY Snow Flinx

It would help with my sprite making
  9. Maplestrip Corruptor

If someone would make this, please do...
    I'm affraid no one will be doing thi, though, so a necro wasn't realy needed here...
  10. Fuzzball Blazing Wheel

JPG? Nonononono

PNG please~
  11. Mekara Blazing Wheel

would be great if it would be chooseable file formats.
  12. Fuzzball Blazing Wheel

We're talking about sprites here.
  13. Mekara Blazing Wheel

This is a suggestion -.-
  14. Fuzzball Blazing Wheel

I know but if there were to be images involved, especially sprites then JPG is a lossy format and wouldn't look at good~
  15. Mekara Blazing Wheel

I don't remember i meant specially JPG. I only said that it should be chooseable image formats.
  16. Fuzzball Blazing Wheel

I know, the OP however mentioned JPG originally.
    To be honest there shouldn't be a need for choice, PNG is superior quality over JPG (unless we're talking about digital photos- JPG is fine for those)
  17. Maplestrip Corruptor

you can also easily change the format if you want to. As far as I know, PNG and TIF (I used tif once or twice when I just started out) keep sprite quality good. And you don't want to mess up the quality of sprites, as it makes it near impossible to get rid of the background (for me) and it's just very ugle. The smaller the sprites are, the more important the quality is...
    Anyway, let's get back on topic: Do we want a character generator that creats sprites of characters and saves it on your pc?