Playing two terrarias at once

Discussion in 'PC' started by Mr. Saurus, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Mr. Saurus

Mr. Saurus Bunny

So I was putting mods in my terraria, and I accidentally somehow opened terraria twice.
    I did the natural thing and hosted a game on one, then attempted to connect to it on the other.
    Worked, surprisingly, and I had two characters in two different windows on the same server.
    It was cool.
    Too bad you're not supposed to share games on steam or that could make for some awesome split screen action :eek: . I guess the console version will have that. Too bad I don't have any consoles :confused:

ah, the lonely life of a pc gamer

2. Darkercloud

Darkercloud Lava Slime

Even if steam allowed game sharing how could you actually play the spit screen? You can only have one mouse per pc.

3. Mr. Saurus

Mr. Saurus Bunny

4. Yoraiz0r

Yoraiz0r The Wizard

Splitscreen actually means playing locally together , and Steam has multiple games with a split screen feature , all supported.

5. Stackerzgame

Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

That's pretty neat. If you're forever alone and need a friend.

6. Mr. Saurus

Mr. Saurus Bunny

Yeah, I don't doubt steam has some of those. Hmm.. Maybe I'm interpreting the steam subscriber agreement wrong?
    "You may not reveal, share or otherwise allow others to use your password or Account."
    But now I'm thinking, maybe it just means don't log your account in twice? Actually, now that I think of it, I kinda doubt they were expecting anyone would attempt to invent split screen mode on an otherwise one person per computer game. Maybe this is actually legal and fine? :eek: