PlotBin: A Tool For New Writers

Discussion in 'Terraria Literature' started by AyeAye12, Sep 12, 2012.

1. AyeAye12 Spore Zombie

PlotBin

Hello, new Terrarian Stories Section writers!

Or, any Terrarian Stories Section Writers!

This is where a list of story ideas can be made, so writers can choose form here instead of writing yet another cliche "Hurr duur I wakke up in Tewawwia ann thenn i did-" NO. JUST...NO.

So, I hope you find something here! Please post ideas as well! ;)

BUT...

Don't post the idea of waking up in Terraria as a player and living out a game session in the character's POV.

Don't post a blurb; a line or two will be fine. EDIT: Blubr-esque ideas will now be posted as a link to the Original Post.

Don't be vague!

If a plot here is used, then please contact me on the thread so I can remove it, and therefore stop plagiarism :) EDIT: ideas chosen will have a "DONE" beside it and a link to the actual story.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. You wake up in Terraria as a God. You have to look after the players, while at the same time fighting Cthulu/evil god-demon
    2. A Terrarian character wakes up in the real world. Hilarities ensure.
    3. You start in an underground burial with traps and enemies. The true survival can only start once you escape.
    4. A Terrarian world exists in which players know nothing of the better materials, and a sort of 'Gold Rush' ensues, with every player zooming out into the world, and dying. The protagonist is different, smarter. He'll succeed where others fail.
    5.A sacred kingdom has been revived after years. The protagonist? King of the kingdom. Or, a NPC
    6.You are a thief falsely accused of stealing the highly coveted Philosopher's Stone and sentenced to life imprisonment in the Dungeon. To clear your name you will need to escape but must first deal with the other prisoners who, mistaking you for the real thief, would very much like to see you dead, and also contend with a warden (Old Man/Skeletron) who knows more than he is telling.
    7. It's the end of the world, to stop the world falling, he needs to kill every boss
    10. The player must find the "Chosen One" to help the world and stop corruption's true evil plan. Fact is, the said Chosen One is hard to find and is reluctant to go out and stop corruption.
    11. the Hallow's overrun everything. It appears, on the surface, to be a beneficial aide to the communities residing within. But deep within the society, the Hallow is corrupt.
    12.a plot where Terraria is actually a card game. Then the player is sucked in and has to battle with CARDS!
    13. The world is a rocky wasteland where the life was sucked out of it, the player must restore it's nature, he has no where to start upon, he must find the last patch of green and continue from there in an exciting and adventurous journey to bring back Terraria.
    14. The Old Man in the Dungeon has lived for a long time, longer than anyone but the Dryad. Once upon a time, they were the Adventurers who found Hel, and unleased Pandora's Box upon Terraria. Too bad the Old Man doesn't remember. And the Dryad? She'd like to keep it that way.
    15.war between goblin: smart, organized
    and monsters: cruel, brutal, crazy, unorganized, soo many of them
    human? oh they are the ones who are trying to kill them all :3
    16. You are set a quest, the quest is to find the true Dungeon Guardian and kill him with the help of Tim the skeletal mage.
    17. There was once a time when the Eater of World truly deserved its name... who shall stop it's sole purpose?
    (The EoWs in-game would be its offspring.)
    18. Magic does not exist. Therefore, old man is not cursed. Numerous other magical things do not happen.
    19. You're a modder in Terraria and you're testing out a mod. However, something happens and you get sucked in. You use your modding powers to your ability. You're limited at first, only being able to summon low tier picks and axes. However, you increase your power by finding data fragments/coding fragments.
    20. Guide is the protagonist, and the guile himself goes on his own adventure with minor assistance from the other NPCs to prove that he has a use other than crafting recipes and dying to spawn a boss. While this happens, no one notices that the "player" was kidnapped. And just to throw into the fun, the guide eventually realizes that the first step to save him/her is to trigger hard-mode (how can he spawn him without dying?)
    21. The corruption has taken over the world above. There are few survivors. Now, they have two options: Live on the floating islands above, or go down into the underground. Two protagonists. One above, one below. The question is; do the survivors separate or work together?
    22. While fighting Skeletron, you are knocked out and left to die. When your body is found, you are thought dead and buried alive. You wake up to find yourself in a cave, filled with monsters and dangers. But were you really thought dead? If not, who convinced them to bury you and why, and should you go back up, only to be killed for real this time?
    23. A character from another universe ends up in Terraria. What happens is up to you to decide. (Example: Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion ends up in Terraria.)
    24. A character from Terraria ends up in another universe. Hilarity ensues. (For example, Kevin from my story Terrarian in the universe of Neon Genesis Evangelion.)
    25. A backstory to what happened before the player was created...about life before the Wall of Flesh's creation by the Dryad and the Wizard.
    26. Terraria happens to be just a simple dimension accessed by a computer. When the screen is busted, it results in a severe mindscrew that gives Earth a royal dimension wedgie, screwing everything up.
    27. NEEDS TO BE FOUND AGAIN
    28. A war between the Hallow and the Corruption for the entire world. The protagonist(s) and antagonist(s) can be on either side, resulting in quite some interesting Anti-Heroes and Anti-Villains.
    29. Someone has murdered an NPC (It can be any of the townsfolk), and the protagonist(s) must find out who it is...or die trying.
    30. Fifteen years ago, the six nations of Terraria joined forces to stop the advance of the Kobold Empire. To date, that union serves as the single greatest human achievement.
    ........But humanity lost that war.
    ........The goblins dominate now. The six nations have become one, an annexation of the Empire that continues its western expansion.
    ........Cato Hadrian and three others fought on the losing side. Their private mission prevented a different outcome. History, though, does not recognize their role.
    ........But there are those who do remember.
    ........And for what the failed heroes attempted all those years ago, they will be made to suffer.
    31: The player and NPCs (all of them) transport to Space Age (Mass Effect/Star Wars) and now must defeat the ultimate evil in the universe!
    32: NPCs are secretly evil and plot to kill the Player because he is 'Too Strong'
    33: New Magic Plague is sweeping across the land animals have mutated and kill anything that moves. Most NPCs are dead and now the Guide and Player must look for a cure while fighting new monstrosities and the Antagonist that created the Plague.
  2. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

A wakes player in up Terraria
    Dark Fire Wolf likes this.
  3. Baconbush Green Slime

Ermmmm... let me think.
    You start in an underground burial with traps and enemies. The true survival can only start once you escape.

As for the Guide, he can be changed to a player, a random one, he can be skilful, bad at jumping, afraid of hornets - I dunno.
    AyeAye12 likes this.
  4. Mercenary Lord Corruptor

A Terrarian world exists in which players know nothing of the better materials, and a sort of 'Gold Rush' ensues, with every player zooming out into the world, and dying. The protagonist is different, smarter. He'll succeed where others fail.

Too lazy to make this myself.
  5. thelastflame50 Umbrella Slime

Hm..
    A sacred kingdom has been revived after years. The protagonist? King of the kingdom.
  6. Garneac IndieGamers.com. Go there.

You are a thief falsely accused of stealing the highly coveted Philosopher's Stone and sentenced to life imprisonment in the Dungeon. To clear your name you will need to escape but must first deal with the other prisoners who, mistaking you for the real thief, would very much like to see you dead, and also contend with a warden (Old Man/Skeletron) who knows more than he is telling.

(Yet again, AyeAye12, great idea. This would be so much fun to write about, too, I'm thinking.)
    AyeAye12 likes this.
  7. thelastflame50 Umbrella Slime

Wait! How about the main protagonist is an NPC? What if its before the player actually comes to the world? Yeaah, that's a brilliant idea I made up off the top of my head!
  8. Mercenary Lord Corruptor

These are Terraria only stories, right?
  9. Garneac IndieGamers.com. Go there.

Pretty sure, going by the OP. Although AyeAye12 can confirm/deny when he's online.
  10. nababoo Dark Caster

Pretty sure it's Terraria-only, considering it's location.
    Unless. We have a counterpart.

Well, I think a post-apocalyptic Terraria story would be extremely interesting.
    Garneac likes this.
  11. Garneac IndieGamers.com. Go there.

That would be amazing. I love apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic fiction, too. I must come up with an idea for the PlotBin with this genre in mind.

Screw that. Everyone now: think end of the world ideas. Right now. (Please?)
  12. Baconbush Green Slime

It's the end of the world, to stop the world falling, he needs to kill every boss - I'm not so sure about hardmode... - first he has to first escape from the prison that he was in, by doing various jumps and other puzzles. So, from being a prisoner, he hopefully manages to save the world, it could have a twist to the storyline or something.
  13. Spyder Z Hornet

***** Staying "Within" Game Themes *****

The known world (To the people of this story) has been ravaged by the corruption. The few "Colonies" remaining have adapted by living off the rotted meat culled from the Eaters and Devourers, causing them to be little more than walking husks themselves (Perhaps some vagueness as to whether or not they are "Technically" still alive). On a hunting expedition, a small party encounters an underground cavern not yet overrun by the corruption, and for the first time the people of this place have hope that there may still be some place in the world where they can escape this miserable existence, back to a world known to them only in stories.

The island they live on is simply an unfortunate arrangement of corruptible material, and these people have never attempted to leave, as outside of stories, they knew of nothing beyond the corruption until this point. A strong solo character (Part of the Discovery Party) could probably carry this story, with maybe some "World Building" pre-discovery to flesh out how meagerly the surviving people are getting by. Resistance from those who may not love their lives, but have "given up" is probably inevitable.

***** Branching Out *****

The world has progressed to a "Modern" state, and the "Corruption" is merely a tale told to scare children. Recently a project designed to excavate the deeper depths has uncovered a world that seems straight out of the "Fairy Tales" of yore and a complete technological blackout quickly follows. With the world suddenly thrown into a more primal state, as anything running off electricity refuses to operate, things that defy logic begin crawling from the earth and the dead become restless at night.

The "Modern" setting allows an interesting juxtaposition between a "Real Worldish" setting, and the more magical elements of Terraria, with a potential back story option explaining how technology eliminated the corruption threat where magic alone was unable to. Starting from a "Healthier" background leads to a "Party" configuration easier with this story, potentially allowing for various views on whether or not the world is actually better now than it was "Before". It might also be interesting to see "Modern" takes on the classic Terraria NPCs.
    Mercenary Lord and AyeAye12 like this.
  14. nababoo Dark Caster

Well, for the apocalypse thing, I was gonna write, but then... stuff happened. :p

Anyways, megaspells are about to hit Terraria -- it's at war with a nearby country of goblins, and our hero has to discover the truth behind all this and possibly survive in a shelter of sorts. No saving the world here -- they're all corporate bigots
  15. Baconbush Green Slime

You're a pretty good writer, you could maybe do that yourself. :p
  16. Lightningkid Cursed Skull

Hi I'm not a good writer since my lack of tenses but I maybe have some great ideas
    I don't know where to start...

okay the first chapter takes part of ancient Terraria, where magics, dark magics, and such are very well-known and peoples are using it for war, even with chores. and there should be (depends...) a hero from this ancient Terraria, to make it more epic :D

the next chapter tells about future Terraria, where robots, tanks, and such imaginary weaponry are being used to rule the world. there should be (it depends) a hero from this future terraria, too, to make it epic :D

Now the real story takes part in ancient Terraria, where some peoples in future terraria got thrown to the past by time machine. of course, the hero in future Terraria got thrown too.

the ancient Terraria thinks that future terraria is their enemy, so they declares a war with the future, meanwhile the future are trying to fix the time machine.

the end of the story is up to the writer, but if it's me I will make the future terraria finally fix the machine and get back to future. meanwhile the ancient terraria thinks they manage to defeat their enemy (cos' the future suddenly disappeared)

And what I mean in "some peoples in future terraria got thrown to the past" should include tanks and such, make it accidental or else, you know what I mean right? *wink wink nudge nudge*

see? my grammar is too suck to write a story, I hope there will be a writer who wants to write the story for me :D

in addition, my right hand is total paralyzed (lol google translate), so I can't move it, can't feel it. you know it's harder to type with 1 hand ;D
    Baconbush likes this.
  17. AyeAye12 Spore Zombie

First of all, yup; this is for Terrarian Stories only (although it could work for any I guess)

Thanks for the suggestions! :D SO MUCH CREATIVITY AHH

I also edited the rules a bit. Blurb-esque posts will now be posted as a link to the Original Idea.

EDIT: Lightningkid. Where. Da. Hell. Have you been?! I missed you! :O

Hope you've caught up on my stories ;P
  18. Baconbush Green Slime

The player must find the "Chosen One" to help the world and stop corruption's true evil plan. Fact is, the said Chosen One is hard to find and is reluctant to go out and stop corruption.
  19. Lightningkid Cursed Skull

I think the player does not need to be chosen one, even a normal guy can save the world from corruption. chosen one sounds too overpower to be in that world.

and, ayeaye: school stuffs, right hand stuffs, much more :D
  20. Baconbush Green Slime

Ok it can save the world from hallow after it turned it's back on us. And I never said the player is the Chosen One, I said another person, maybe it could be in animal form :O