Pokémod [TConfig] [WIP]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Delra, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Delra Penguin

Hello, fellow terrarian community.

You may have seen a thread of mine, for a pokemon mod which I was making for Terraria. I honestly don't know where I was going with that, and now that I have got my path down, and some experience, I think I'm ready to tackle this huge task. I don't feel that spark when making monster hunter mod, and I felt it when I was making this, and I didn't even have any coding progress.

I'll continue this project once I update monster hunter mod to 0.2, in which case, I will put 75% of my time into continuing this.

Let's get started.

Team:
    Delra
    Empio

Basic Mechanics
    • Each pokemon would have different moves.
    • A complex algorithm making each pokemon know when to use each move.
    • A level, type, and experience system. Each pokemon gains experience by defeating other mobs. As they gain experience, they level up. At certain levels they can learn new moves or evolve. They also have a type, such as water or fire, that gives them weaknesses and/or strengths.
    • Have the pokemon follow the player, and when the pokemon goes to far, it would tp to the player.
    • Have the pokemon catchable by throwing a pokeball at it (with grenade physics).
    • When you throw the pokeball at the ground(with grenade physics), the pokemon would come out.
    • When the pokemon is defeated it drops the pokeball as a drop.
    • After 5 seconds of idleness, a pokemon will regain 1 hp every second.
    • Moves work like this: There's a normal delay after using each move, but after a certain amount of uses, there's a cooldown. The cooldown depends on the move.
    • Use a powder like item (vile powder physics) that when comes in contact with the pokemon it is healed.
    • The pokemon would have unique and smart AI's(for example, when the pokemon is low hp it would run back behind you).
    • Poke eggs.
    • Thunderstone and etc. for evolutions.
    Pokemon

I'm only going to be doing the first 150 for now, and a few other popular pokemon from other generations.

First version is only going to have bulbasaur, and then I'll evantually have all the starters and a few more pokemon.

Show Spoiler

Starters

[IMG]
    Starters will be obtainable at the start of a new world. A professor oak will be waiting for you, and when you talk to him he'll have 3 pokeballs in his "shop". Each one contains a starter. Once you pick your starter, all the pokeballs disappear.

Show Spoiler

Squirtle--Level 16--Wartortle--Level 36--Blastoise

Charmander--Level 16--Charmeleon--Level 36--Charizard

Bulbasaur.png
    Bulbasaur--Level 16--Ivysaur--Level 32--Venasaur

Pokedex

The pokedex will also be one time sold from Professor Oak. It's a device that goes in your accessory slot and shows you how many pokemon you've caught, how many different pokemon have you seen, and might also show what pokemon you caught.

PokeMart Clerk

The clerk is a NPC that will spawn once you catch your first pokemon, and get it to level 7. He will evantually sell mostly all the items in the mod.

Pokeballs:

Show Spoiler

[IMG]
    Pokeball: The pokeball is the first ball that will be in the mod. It has the lowest catch rate. They can be found in overworld and underground layer(layer with dirt and rocks) chests, or crafted from iron and copper. They can also be bought from the Clerk as soon as he moves in.

Ultraball.png
    Great Ball: The great ball is an upgraded pokeball. It has a higher catch rate of x1.50 multiplier. They can be found in cavern chests or crafted from silver, gold, and pokeballs. They can also be bought from the Clerk once you finish your second gym badge. It gives the pokemon caught inside a regeneration rate of 3% per second.

Great Ball.png
    Ultra Ball: The ultra ball is an upgraded great ball. It has a higher catch rate of x2.00 multiplier. They can be found in dungeon/floating island chests, or made from hellstone and great ball. They can also be bought from the Clerk once you finish your fourth gym badge. It gives the pokemon caught inside a regeneration rate of 7% per second, and increases it's damage.

Master Ball.png
    Master Ball: The master ball is the ultimate ball. It has a 100% catch rate. They can be rarely found in shadow chests.

Dusk Ball.png
    Dusk Ball: The dusk ball is a special ball that has a higher chance to catch pokemon at night or pokemon that spawn 750 feet below. At night time the multiplier is x1.30, and below 1000ft the multiplier is x2.30. They can only be bought from the Clerk after you finish your 3rd gym. It gives the pokemon caught inside a higher defense.

Net Ball.png
    Net Ball: The net ball is a special pokeball that has a higher chance to catch grass, water, and bug type pokemon. On grass types, the multiplier is x1.55. On water types, the multiplier is x1.75. On bug types, the multiplier is x2.50. It can be found rarely in cavern chests, or crafted from cobwebs and a great ball. They also can be bought from the Clerk after your 5th gym.

Gym Battles

There will be gym battles in the mod, and they are all going to be 1st gen gym battles. You get gym battles from a NPC named "Steve", who will move in once you meet the requirements for the first gym battle. He sells items for causing gym leaders to appear. Once you meet the requirements for the first gym battle, he will sell the "bait" for the first gym leader, and then the process continues.

The gym leader, once defeated, will drop his or her gym's badge.

Consumable/Healing Items:

Show Spoiler

Escape Rope: An item that can be bought from the Clerk for 15 silver(once skeletron defeated) or crafted from 5 silk and 1 bone that acts as a one time magic mirror.

Repel.png
    Repel: An item that lowers the spawn rate of all enemies by 20%. It can be bought from the clerk for 15 silver(after EoC is defeated), found in underground layer chests, or crafted from a spray can and vile mushroom.

Super Repel.png
    Super Repel: An item that lowers the spawn rate of all enemies by 35%. It can be bought from the clerk for 30 silver(after EoW is defeated), found in cavern layer chests, or crafted from a repel and shadow scale.

Max Repel.png
    Max Repel: An item that lowers the spawn rate of all enemies by 50%. It can be bought from the clerk for 75 silver(after Skeletron is defeated), or crafted from a super repel and bones.

Spray Can.png
    Spray Can: Crafted from 2 iron bars, basic material for making repels

Spray Bottle.png
    Spray Bottle: Crafted from 5 glass, basic material for making poke potions

Potion.png
    Pokepotion: An item that when sprayed, heals friendly pokemon in a radius for 75hp each. It can be bought from the clerk for 25 silver, found in underground layer chests, or crafted from a lesser healing potion and a spray bottle.

Super Potion.png
    Super Pokepotion: An item that when sprayed, heals friendly pokemon in a radius for 150hp each. It can be bought from the clerk for 50 silver(only on full moons), found in cavern layer chests, or crafted from a pokepotion, and a healing potion.

Hyper Potion.png
    Hyper Pokepotion: An item that when sprayed, heals friendly pokemon in a radius for 300 hp each. It can be bought from the clerk for 1 gold(after skeletron is defeated), or found in dungeon chests/hell chests.

Max Pokepotion: An item that when sprayed, heals friendly pokemon in a radius to 100%. It can be bought from the clerk(after WoF is defeated)for 5 gold.

Full Restore:

Revive:

Full Revive:

Max Revive:

Full Heal:

Coming soon!
  2. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

Good luck on that :) if you need a little help (only a little!) feel free to ask.
  3. Delra Penguin

Alright, I will.
  4. Peter_Fox2 Squirrel

Looks like a cooooool mod bro.
  5. Sigia Snatcher

Good luck with this.
  6. Delra Penguin

Thank yooooou~.

Thanks. ^^
  7. ridex Green Slime

pokemon rules
  8. Lord Cupcake Green Slime

Good luck with this project, wish I could help, I know how to mod and sprite as well as a few bits of coding in C ++ and that. Hope you have a fun time with it.

Pokemod, gotta download it all!
  9. ridex Green Slime

if i knew howto code any of that stuff i would help but i dont :(
  10. Delra Penguin

Thank you, and don't worry, you are helping everytime you post and bring me luck. And if you'd like to join the team, hit me up in a convo and we'll talk there. ^o^

You're helping right now, you're posting. :p
    Klokinator and Lord Cupcake like this.
  11. ridex Green Slime

are u gonna add a pokedex?
  12. ridex Green Slime

you should make it atthe start nof a new world u start in oaks lab and the world generates gyms in towns and stuff like a town generates with a gym u have to beat for badges
    MacManLtd, rjfc and SalsaSauceMan like this.
  13. Delra Penguin

Yes.

Woah, that won't be for quite a long time! xD
  14. ridex Green Slime

MEH but it would be cool
  15. Delra Penguin

Well son, spread your idea round, and the more people that like your suggestion the quicker it will motivate me to finally do it, so keep your hopes up high! ;)
  16. ridex Green Slime

GYMS YAYAYA MASSIVE FAN OF POKEMON YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
  17. Delra Penguin

Hmm....this gets me wondering. Maybe after you meet a certain condition......a gym leader spawns. But where would the gym itself spawn? Hmm....
  18. ridex Green Slime

like in appropriate areas like water gym near water or en of map magma underground near hell and stuff
  19. Delra Penguin

Hmm, interesting.
    SalsaSauceMan likes this.
  20. ridex Green Slime

wats interesting?
    SalsaSauceMan likes this.