PuLSe's Worm Pit evolves into The CraTeR vs. The Valley (WIP)

Discussion in 'Player Creations & Screenshots' started by PuLSe, Oct 8, 2011.

1. PuLSe Cactus King

EDIT:
    SPOILER ALERT! The CraTeR vs. The Valley Jan 4

The CraTeR
    2014 01 05 The CraTeR.png

The Valley
    2014 01 05 The Valley.png
    SPOILER ALERT! The CraTeR (open)

Terraria - PuLSe's WorM PiT.jpg

Worm Pit to PuLSe's Home.png

LaB to SkeleTroN.png

Saucer to Draco.png

Haunted Castle to Cobra tower.png

2012 10 06 Ice Dragon, Fire Dragon, Hell Fortress.png

2012 10 06 Arachne and victims.png

The CraTeR 17.08 The Battle.png

2013 06 15 Ceiling Dwellers.png

Medusa's Lair.png

2013 06 15 CataComB RuN.png

The CraTeR 17.09 Spider Room in Catacomb run.png

The CraTeR 17.08 Middle Hell.png

2013 06 15 CluB SuccuBuS.png

The MonSTeR and the VoLCaNo.png

WraiTH vs. Gwendelle.png

SPOILER ALERT! The Valley (open)

2012 12 15 Gateway.png

The OverLorD.png

Train Station to Golden Tower.png

Floating Gardens.png

2012 12 15 Mt. Eldo and the docks.png

Minotaurs to Medieval Village.png

Tree of life to submarine.png

SPOILER ALERT! Videos (open)

SPOILER ALERT! Description (open)
    The CraTeR is an international collaborative creation using a Terrarian large world split asunder, with a Tower in the middle separating a virtual Hell from a virtual Paradise. Pick your side and stroll through scenic villages and expansive waterfronts or strap on your heavy armor and summon the best that Terraria has to offer (PVP if that's your choice) in some of the most beautifully hellish terrain ever constructed. The CRaTeR CreaToRs hail from Australia, Belgium, China, Denmark, Holland, Italy, Poland, Spain, Canada, France, New Zealand, U.S.A., Wales and low earth orbit along with other places unknown.

Gameplay is important - design will encourage the ability to move about within The Crater (though at considerable risk!) slaying mobs and bosses and enjoying incredible artwork at the same time. The Valley is Terrarian scenic beauty over half a large world (WIP)

It started out simply as PuLSe's Worm Pit but grew into The CraTeR vs. The Valley due to the wonderful input from the users of this forum - I can't thank them enough, and I hope you'll join them by adding a comment, idea or even a creation.

I've scoured this forum for the best out there and shamelessly asked them to contribute. If you think your art compares favorably with what you see and you've got some time to add some creepiness to The CraTeR or beauty to The Valley, let's make it happen! PM me any time!

I post updates regularly. Your opinion means a lot to all of us - please leave your comments! The .pdf included in the .wld download contains tons of info and credits to all the wonderful builders and other contributors.

Hundreds more pics throughout thread.

I wish you well,
    PuLSe
    Please offer your comments - I value your opinion and want your ideas!

Begin original post:
    I built this Worm Pit over a corrupted area. The chests up top are filled with Worm Food and Eyes to summon the monsters. Main access is through the skybridge from above. The exposed pit is crafted such that if you fall much past the lip, you'll fall to your death - there are no ledges below to save you. To amp up the challenge, remove your lucky horseshoe and your armor, pick up a crappy weapon and call the Eater of Worlds, the Eye of Cthulhu or both. Let's Rock! -PuLSe Pulse'sWormPitNoon.JPG
    Volantes, Raz0r0x, Tel'aris and 52 others like this.
  2. PeterTheOverlord Green Slime

Interesting. And also pretty awesome!
    TehDarkNoob and PuLSe like this.
  3. Spoolooni Green Slime

It doesn't really hit the high margin though it's just a worm pit so I guess that would make do.
  4. PuLSe Cactus King

I made it a bit tougher. Pulse'sWormPit1.13.JPG
    cooldude1128 and TehDarkNoob like this.
  5. Puppetmaster Green Slime

Sweet, looks like a devourer decided to pop by to see the progress.
    Needless to say, he wasn't met by a friendly welcoming committee.
  6. Spoolooni Green Slime

Ahh it got much better, but you should remove that lampost.
    PuLSe likes this.
  7. PuLSe Cactus King

Pulse'sWormPit1.14.JPG
    I agree with you on the lampost. I didn't like it when I put it in either and never bothered to take it out. Thanks for the feedback.
  8. Spoolooni Green Slime

Much better indeed.
  9. PeterTheOverlord Green Slime

Yeah indeed that looks much better than i thought :D
  10. PuLSe Cactus King

I've toughened it more still and added access to the corrupt tunnel on the left. The rules of engagement are still being tweaked, but No Cobalt Shield is probably a keeper. No Jump Boots is being considered as testing continues.
    Pulse'sWormPit1.15.JPG

Update: Lava tweaks.
    Pulse'sWormPit1.16.JPG
  11. King Toad Dark Caster

This looks like the end result will be insane, gl with deciding the rules
    PuLSe likes this.
  12. PuLSe Cactus King

I've tweaked the Corruption opening on the left side and added a lava trap. Rules now include No Cobalt Shield and No grappling devices. Battle testing incomplete so rules are likely to need additional adjustment. All testing to date has included 3 players. All have access to any armor or weapons. None have died in battles to date, though two have dropped below 50%. Current setup shown is significantly tougher than any tested to date. No-grapple rule remains untested. Testing resumes Wednesday...
    Pulse'sWormPit2.13.JPG

Update: I think I'm done with the Worm Pit for now. [Edit: Not!] I may add some spikes in the left tunnel or remove some platforms, depending on the quality of the players. No Cobalt Shield and No Grapples to start with. Each player then gets to decide how else they care to limit weapons and/or shields. The pit at the right is a dark, spike-ridden nightmare. No Jump Boots would probably make it a death sentence, though a Cloud in a Bottle hasn't been tested. There are many variations, but I set it up like casual poker where the dealer decides the rules. Each player gets a deal. Copper Swords at dawn can be really, really tough.

I'm a huge fan of the artwork I've seen on this site and know that my Worm Pit doesn't begin to measure up artistically to more than I can count. Hopefully a stroll through the Elementary School of Art was entertaining... and I'd love to hear what others are doing in the way of battle configurations with Terraria.
    Pulse'sWormPit2.14.JPG
    I wish you well.
    -PuLSe
    Sydneian likes this.
  13. KKslida Eskimo Zombie

Its pretty decent as a building, I just think (personally) the gold for the roof and side don't go with the 'worm pit' theme. I would just suggest more ebonstone, or maybe a cover of demonite with a mixture of water and lava (either or)...just my 2 cents.
  14. PuLSe Cactus King

I have to agree with you. It started out as an arena for battle, built from the top down. Perhaps it's better instead growing out of the ground, a giant, hollow pustule into which you can narrowly drop and do battle... I've got some work to do. Thanks for the inspiration.

Update: So I ran with KKslida's idea...
    Pulse'sWormPit3.03.JPG
    Eline, Mickmane, AzureMetal and 15 others like this.
  15. Killa17 Cursed Man

That looks much more fitting, and absolutely killer! Nice work
    PigoidHD and PuLSe like this.
  16. KKslida Eskimo Zombie

PuLSe likes this.
  17. TheKobold666 Yellow Slime

now your cooking with Crisco ^_^
    PuLSe likes this.
  18. PuLSe Cactus King

I think I'm done. Again. [EDIT: Hah! Not even close!] I can't believe where this ended up - thanks to all of you who poked me in the right direction - I'm tired of dragging lava around but it was worth it. I fixed up the lava supplies at ground level and tweaked some minor decor, but it's still about the fight. I do like my new digs and certainly fed off many of you for inspiration. Thanks and be well. Pulse'sWormPit3.06.JPG Pulse'sWormPit3.08.JPG
  19. Mr.Person Moth

Nice, but let's be careful so we don't wake the worm ;)
  20. Dralger Cursed Man

This is looking great now. I remember when we were just starting to discuss the concept... it's sure morphed into something much more sinister, epic and badass than you ever originally planned. Great work making this come alive, I look forward to testing it again!!
    Aryore and PuLSe like this.