Quest Mod Resurrected

Discussion in 'Working in Progress Mods' started by rangerofthewest, Dec 17, 2012.

1. rangerofthewest Icy Merman

Alright, Wigglesniff and I had a mod going, then I disappeared. Died, according to some :)S) Shockah took it over, and while that's fine, I want to continue developing the mod. So, here I come to you with V 1.0 of the Quest Mod Resurrected (or 1.0.5 if you count the previous versions). This one basically allows you to have item quests. I think it works, although I haven't tested it extensively. Right now, it only works with vanilla items, I really don't want to go through the data ids and make a ban list rather than an allowed list of quest items.

A lot of this work was Wigglesniff's.

Features:

-Enemy quests! Obtain quests to fight enemies
    -Saveable! Need to go? Your quest will be saved periodically!
    -Overridable quests. Got stuck killing Tim? Well, get a new quest!
    -Item quests! Obtain items! (Only works with vanilla items, right now)
    -Rewards! Get paid upon completion! WOOOT!
    -Skill based! The more advanced you are, the harder and better quests you get!
    -Multiplayer support! Teams can work on quests together!

I need help determining if you have enough items in your inventory for the item quests

Have any ideas? Post them below! Once I figure out the item quests, I will release the mod.
  2. bevanz Green Slime

This mod sounds really fun, I look forward to playing it.

Something that would be cool is NPC-oriented quests, I had a few ideas:
    A building quest. Like an NPC requests you build them a house out of specific materials.
    A quest to guide an NPC from one location to another, say if the Old Man wants to visit the Dungeon again.
    A quest to protect an NPC from waves of enemies.

I don't know how viable those ideas would be, I am quite inexperienced with modding Terraria. Regardless, I do look forward to this mod, it brings in a cool new dynamic to the game that would be fun.
    vovanchic likes this.
  3. vovanchic Bunny

Previous idea sounds great. E. g. save as many NPC's as you can throughout Goblin Invasion.