Question about a player on a server

Discussion in 'PC' started by DooM1991, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DooM1991

DooM1991 Giant Worm

Why is it when this certain player comes onto my server, everytime he talks, my terrarria becomes unresponsive and crashes. it doesnt happen with any other player at all. only when this player is online. it doesnt crash every time, but id say every 2nd or 3rd time he talks. im just wondering what it could be from

2. Gabriel91SatanGod

Gabriel91SatanGod Cursed Skull

What server software are you using.

3. DooM1991

DooM1991 Giant Worm

im using tshock

4. Gabriel91SatanGod

But with Tshock, there shouldn't be a problem? Could you please report to the Tshock official website? Just google "Tshock official website" and click the one with the link called "Tshock.co", just teleporting there with the search will just say Google could not find it.

5. DooM1991

DooM1991 Giant Worm

i have an account there, but what i want to know first is if anyone here will know if its some client side thing. i dont think they will know as much for client side stuff there. i know they r strict on tshock talk only there. so i rather ask here than there

6. Gabriel91SatanGod

If you are going to deny my suggestion, so be it :) Have a nice day.

7. DooM1991

DooM1991 Giant Worm

well sorry, but the people of the tshock forums r stingy about posting. its not my fault

8. Gabriel91SatanGod

Why are you saying sorry? You never did anything wrong.

9. SamothUpaw

SamothUpaw Face Monster

Banhammer him. Nuff said.

Gabriel91SatanGod likes this.
  10. DooM1991

DooM1991 Giant Worm

ummm who said? and what did they say?

11. celo753

celo753 Clinger

Ban the user.

12. DooM1991

DooM1991 Giant Worm

I was hoping for a more... well... elaborated answer. maybe an explanation of what it could be. something like, "it could be that its a server side thing that crashes my game" idk. the ban thing was kinda obvious. i usually dont ban without knowing for sure

13. Gabriel91SatanGod

I agree. Whenever he comes online, just go /ban [RandomAssholewhoalwayscrashestheowner]

14. nababoo

nababoo Dark Caster

It might be because the person's using another language. That's known to cause a bunch of crashes, derps, and hiccups in the system.

15. Gabriel91SatanGod

No, Nababoo, this has never happened. If thats about chatting, how could he be using another language.

16. nababoo

nababoo Dark Caster

17. DooM1991

DooM1991 Giant Worm

18. Gabriel91SatanGod

See? I told you.

19. DooM1991

DooM1991 Giant Worm

ya shes right ^
    and plus, i dont allow anyone on the server who cant speak or understand english. no offence to any. but i require this because if u cant follow the above, u wont be able to understand my rules or anything. but as for the language part, its not that. im hoping someone will have a theory of whats going on with this. has this problem shown up anywhere else? or could it be a virus or something having to do with their computer. i came to terraria from minecraft. im a bit boggled by how there is over a million copies of this game sold, and yet so little known. i do know that quite a few people have that exe crashing problem where it becomes unresponsive and all. hell. i even have trouble installing the framework from the game itself. it takes about 6 times for it to actually work. i found that actually manually installing it would be so much easier. its just these little things. but what im thinking is that since im hosting this server and all, the info goes to me from that player and crashes my game. its weird i know. but i really dont have any other explanation for this

nababoo likes this.
  20. Gabriel91SatanGod

This is the first time this has been reported, I cannot say its the first time it happened. Oh, and the solution is to ban that person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.