Random stats for weapons, accessories and armor!

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Refael, May 30, 2011.

1. Refael

Refael Green Slime

I thought of somthing cool that shold be added to the game thats benn in many excellent RPG's.

I think that weapons, accessories and armor that the player finds in chest from monsters and even ones that he crafts will have a range of attack and defense. just like swords that have a minimum amount of attack and you can craft or find the same sword with higher attack,which makes you explore again and again to have the top equipment.Armor and accessories will work in the same way(with te exception that only accessories with def or other options will increase).

Adding "options" would be nice because different players could have armor or weapons with top stats but different options such as extra HP,speed or mana.

Would you like this options in the game and if not please explaing why.

thanks for reading.

Sorry for my lack of porper gammer or spelling mistakes.

2. Saji

Saji Squirrel

I think a range of damage would be great... In some cases. For example, the first few swords you make have very low attack to begin with, making a range to that could make your wooden sword worse than your pickaxe... Or an iron sword worse than your wooden. Apart from that, I think it'd be fine.

The options seems like a nice idea. Although I feel those you should need good quantities of gems(?) to craft them into the armor/weapon.

3. boom

boom Green Slime

I had the same thought about random stats to weapons. Would make adding new weapons easy and give even more purpose to questing.

4. Nixitur

Nixitur Green Slime

I dislike this idea. Making the weapons you find or craft nigh useless by making them too weak or making them overpowered for the time you get them would ruin the game. Finding a rare weapon and seeing that it has a low attack is not motivating the player to search again, but rather frustrates them because the game cheats them out of a valuable and useful weapon.

So, a big No. Random damage is a terrible idea.