Recipe List!

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by kriket, May 22, 2011.

1. kriket Green Slime

I know that books don't play much a role yet besides RP and there's really no lore in Terraria, but how about we get some sort of books or alter that we can read that contains recipes for armor and weapons in future content?

Just a recipe log on how to make different armor sets or weapons found in random parts of the world(example: Vine Whip Recipe from a random Jungle creep or a guarded chest). Would add much more excitement in my opinion when finding new places to explore.

I don't want to miss any chance of not building every item in the game but I don't like having to Wiki to craft items either. I like to be locked into the game rather than recipes on my background.
  2. Junkaroo Green Slime

+1 to this. I suggested it in my multi-suggestion thread as well, books that once placed can be activated, and show all possible recipes, so we know what items to save-up.

The less I have to resort to the wiki, the better.

It should be easy enough to program, the recipes can be displayed in the same way as if you had the craft materials on-hand. Then you can just scroll through the items and see what materials are needed for that piece.

To prevent this from being too much of a spoiler, how about not showing the stats on the items, just the name/icon, and required materials.
    kriket likes this.