Recording Software?

Discussion in 'PC' started by TeRRaRiA13, Dec 28, 2012.

1. TeRRaRiA13 Green Slime

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering what recording software everyone is using. I want to start recording with my brother and post it on youtube and stuff. Please leave suggestions. Thanks :D
  2. rwm8558 Demon Eye

FRAPS is one of the most commonly used tools for posting to Youtube. You can use free software but in my opinion you get what you pay for.
  3. Aelov Zombie

An incredibly outdated Hypercam.
  4. altermaven Dark Caster

Bandicam and Fraps are two to look after. Bandicam has a longer trial record (10 minutes I think) while Fraps is 30 seconds. IMO the trial recording is there to make sure you can run it well.

To be honest, I have Bandicam, though Fraps is more compatible with games.
  5. Classikly Flying Snake

Yeah, go for Fraps.
  6. Mythril Guy Voodoo Demon

Fraps is the most commonly used by all gamers, while I guess Camtasia is used (especially the trial period is 30 days of the full version) and is great for recording desktop stuff. I recommend Fraps, but if you can't pay for it just search on Google "free screen recorder". Fraps is like $30 and is totally worth it. You can also search how to get it for free (no links provided as it's illegal) to TRY it out, then I'd recommend you to buy it.
  7. Mr.Person Moth

Yep, go for either Bandicam or Fraps. But make sure you friggin' download it instead. Those stuff is usually not worth buying. That's my opinion.
    lord_vinvis likes this.
  8. Gmodlol61 Spore Zombie

I heard they sell potatocam for a relativity low price, but yeah ZD software recorder or fraps also would work fine.
  9. Mohajid Eskimo Zombie

Dxtory is the best, I tried out fraps, but it cuts down your fps way to much and makes these huge files. Never tried Bandicam.
    Its pretty expensive though, so I pirated it. Its more advanced than fraps, but you should google how to setup dxtory if you now want to try it out.
  10. altermaven Dark Caster

Tried Dxtory. Didn't go well. FFsplit has an option to write to disk, which is sorta like using recording software, but setting it up is mildly complicated.
  11. Tunnel King Moderator

Got this advice from others on reducing size of Fraps files (post-recording):

"Optional to get virtual dub (free) and reduce size by 90% to .avi prior to YouTube upload. Google reduce size of Fraps video to find easy how to on YouTube." - PuLSe. This worked great for the little bit of video I wanted to make.

"Windows Movie Maker is great for reducing size and clipping videos together, adding title screens, etc. It's free download and super easy to use." - Sercease

/YMMV
  12. Mythril Guy Voodoo Demon

It doesn't make huge files, it makes the full file. All other recorders compress the video to make the file size smaller. And if it cuts down your FPS, then it's your computer or you need to change the amount of FPS that is recorded. Example: if you want to record at around 30 FPS with fraps, then your prgram will run at that rate to have smooth playback, instead of skipping frames.
    rwm8558 likes this.
  13. Mohajid Eskimo Zombie

Well, the full file is huge, I would rather just have it small. Would you not? The thing with fraps, I record in 60 fps, but if my fps drop below 60, it starts recording at 30 fps. I prefer Dxtory, as it is smoother, and just simply better. New people, like me once, should just go with fraps, seeing its really easy to use.
  14. Mythril Guy Voodoo Demon

I prefe big files as I have a terabyte hard drive so i won't run out of space soon, and I delete the files when I'm done. And if your FPS drops while recording at 60 FPS then it's probably not fraps, or the game, it's most likely your pc.

And if you didn't know, Fraps tries to maintain a certain FPS while recording thats why it seems like it causes lag.
  15. Mohajid Eskimo Zombie

Of course its my computer, but dxtory keeps it around at 60 fps, not dropping it to 30, with the right settings for your computer. and I dont have much space, so dxtory is a lot better for me, and for anyone really.
  16. Mythril Guy Voodoo Demon

Fraps also has to write the file as it's recording which is one problem. If you record one video at a time then find a compressor when done making your project, your good. Just saying.
    Mohajid likes this.
  17. APocketofLel Green Slime

hypercam 2 pwns fraps bitchez XD
  18. Eldarathin Cursed Man

if you dont want to pay then go with bandicam 10 minute recording i personally bought it and its pretty good like you can setup what length to record and then it starts recording again
  19. ArtSoft Green Slime

Mirillis Action is the best on recording software market. Is't one year old so not a lot of you know it. I personally looked for game recording software few months ago. I tried a lot of programs like Fraps, bandicam, dxtroy and much more. One om my friend who is pro player (CS GO player) send me link to mirillis action. It was new company name for me so i approached this with a large distance. I will not make some commercial, you can check it yourself. They have 30 day trial which i used, it have full functionality but in trial you have watermark (Action!) middle top of screen.

For people who know something about recording software:
    Action use Intel Quick Sync Video technology and Hardware accelerated video exporting with NVIDIA CUDA.
    So you can record in AVI or Mp4 format. Inside you can find video player and export tool (if someone record video for YT channel it's good opton)

Full version costs 29.95$ .... you can say 30$
  20. Shikari XI Illuminant Slime

I normally use either Fraps or DXTory, they are both great from my personal opinions and use. Never tried Bandicam, but it doesn't look bad. Also, Google is your friend, feel free to do some other looking around on the internet to find exactly what you are looking for.