[Release][Contest!] Draykon's Final Boss - The Endgame

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Draykon, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Draykon

Draykon Demon Eye

[​IMG]

The Boss
    There's about a million mods out there claiming to be out to 'finish' Terraria. It's been my opinion for awhile though, that all Terraria really needs to be 'finished' is a proper Final Boss. That's where this little project comes in.

The boss's summoning item is the Corrupted Voodoo Doll, crafted from one of each soul, and a normal Voodoo Doll. It's still only a single use item, which means that if you fail, you might end up having to fight the Harmode bosses again. That's hardly the scary part however, because the boss's attacks will inflict damage to the terrain.

That's right, if you let this guy too close to your base, he'll destroy the crap out of it.

Given the high cost of failure, I've made his one and only drop an item that I feel is worth serving as a trophy for those who can complete it. I won't spoil exactly what it is of course, and I ask that none of you do the same.

Still wanna try out the fight? Here you go:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?bedu4pjdg3jbuci

EDIT: Updated for new tConfig versions, via Yorai

I won't be releasing the source code until after...
    The Contest!
    Of course, just an ingame item isn't much of a prize, so I've decided to host a contest as well! The rules are as follows:
    -Record a video of yourself defeating Blight- the boss of the mod- and upload it to Youtube before the deadline.
    -Post the video here, or this Reddit thread, and be entered into the raffle.
    -You are only allowed to use vanilla game items. Nothing from any mods other than this one. Please show your inventory at the start and finish of your video to prove you're legit.
    -You're allowed to spawn in your equipment- there's basically no way I could stop you anyway- but you totally win internet points if you grind it all properly.
    -I'll assign a number to everyone who posts a video of themself winning without breaking any of the other rules, and decide a winner with our good friend, Random.org

Of course, I have no money, so instead the prize will be a mod commission. You describe a mod you want made, and I'll do my best to make it for you! It'll probably come out terrible if it's anything too complicated, and I can't guarantee it'll be done within a reasonable amount of time, but still!

I've arbitrarily chosen the date August 31 as the deadline, so hopefully you have plenty of time.

PoroCYon, Tycholarfero, W1K and 2 others like this.
  2. blahblahbal

blahblahbal Anomura Fungus

I wish I could actually participate, but I'm horrible at killing hard bosses. I do want a boss like this in my mod as the "Final Boss", though it'll be either Cthulhu(I'm leaning towards NOT doing this, as it's overrated IMO) or the Eye of Oblivion(or just Oblivion, I dunno(now that I think of that, I think I'll go with that name xD)). Anyway, even if I entered, I wouldn't win :v. And all I'd need anyway is a boss coding :p.

3. W1K

W1K Spambot

Damnit dray, Y U NO ENTER the new CMHQ contest?

4. Yoraiz0r

Yoraiz0r The Wizard

->reads , nods , downloads
    ->gathers materials through cheat , spawns boss near base like an idiot , decides to quit&save after 2 hours worth of a house is.....gone
    ->comes back in , smiles at destructed house but safe chests , settles inventory , gets ready to new fight with 5k worth of crystal bullets and some pots , quits and saves
    ->MAKES A NEW DAMN WORLD JUST TO FIGHT THE THING
    ->does my best , dies 2 times , catches how this boss works
    ->dies again because boss finally decided to pull off that deathray-like stream
    ->frowns , re-starts fight in another new world
    ->wins after constant 14 minutes of crystal bullets
    ->gets an item of awesomeness. (secret....shhhhhhhh)

I must say Draykon , This is one freaking fun boss , I feel kind of bad it didn't have any.......low health override mode :p
    I love it.......but there's something I have to ask.

Just how much projectiles are on my screen per average when I fight it?
    Also , can you PM the source pleaaaaaaase? =3 I wantz ur fwames.

5. Draykon

Draykon Demon Eye

Because then I'd have to upload the source code, and you'd all see how terrible the coding for that blue fire effect is. x.x

6. W1K

W1K Spambot

Meh. > Yorai's codes.
    What, I'm not saying yorai's are messed up. Wait, don't aim that laz0r at me. DAMNIT YORAI. *blasted*

You can release it on August 31st and use it as an entry too. The CMHQ's submissions close on September 1st. *like a boss*

Anyway, I'm gonna try it and enter your small contest, and if I win, I'll ask you to code some NOTHING! *rainbows of happyness appears out of nowhere*

7. Yoraiz0r

Yoraiz0r The Wizard

W1K , WHERES MAH CREDITZ?! XP <--- total nostalgia , not pointed at dray here :p

*Out of respect to this awesome boss*

After the marvelous battle and testing of the ....trophy , I re-activated all mah mods and went to the battlefield to take images of the remains of the span....ladies(we have none) and gentlemen(we have none)people.
    troll.PNG
    Do not fight him in your world , just make a new one......please......I beg you.....

Dray , your boss did this.
    You must be so proud =)

8. W1K

W1K Spambot

Damnit Yorai. You already ruined the joke.

9. The Unknowable

The Unknowable Slimed Zombie

So I thought about giving this a try, wasn't hard with Grav potions!

I was too lazy to spam the 'B' key for buffs so I set them to half an hour. Shouldn't count as cheating, right?

10. Draykon

Draykon Demon Eye

The buff thing kind of is actually cheating, since keeping track of your buffs in the panic of combat is supposed to be part of the challenge, but I don't really see much reason to be so strict, so I'll let it slide.

11. W1K

W1K Spambot

Draykon, Y U NO BLOCK GRAVITATION?

12. The Unknowable

The Unknowable Slimed Zombie

Well the first time I tried was without the half hour buffs, and actually using buff potions, and the only real change was that my grav would just turn off and I would turn it on again. (Hence why the terrain was already wrecked at the beginning of the video.)

13. Snowrain

Snowrain Cave Bat

I really like the boss and the idea but the sprite looks a bit boring in my opinion.
    You could also add something from several parts of the hardmode world to the creaton like unicorn horns and stuff to make it a bit more of a challenge.

14. Qwerty247

Qwerty247 Cursed Man

i cant get this to work with t config

Edit: nvm just had to update t-config

15. blahblahbal

Hmm... I take it back, I would like to try this. Unfortunately, I can't because I don't have any video recording software. I would love to win(even though I've already started a mod) just because I need help with that boss I mentioned in my previous post. But I guess I'll have to go elsewhere for that help...

16. Draykon

Draykon Demon Eye

Hate to bump my own thread, but there's only a week left in the contest, and only one entry so far.

Given the excess of people in this community who post suggestions, I sorta figured there'd be more people after the prize. v.v

17. blahblahbal

I woulda thought so too. There's still the option of helping me with that boss even if I don't enter the contest =D. I am so horrible at making AIs... ;_;

Even saying that, I would love to see the code for this(mainly because I'm pretty good at understanding code, just not writing it). It may even help me with Oblivion, who knows? :p

18. Tim Hjersted

Tim Hjersted Swamp Thing

This boss is pretty awesome. Love how it rains crazy projectiles in a later form. I would actually recommend making it harder, so that the projectiles do like 90 or 100 damage each so you really have to struggle to avoid them. And then compensate by reducing the health of the boss a bit. But yeah, sweet work on this man!

Night-Hawk likes this.
  19. Jchenx

Jchenx Green Slime

That looks hard. i'm sorry, i can't download your mod now, cause i'm scared.

20. Draykon

Draykon Demon Eye

A-and the contest is over! The winner is The Unknowable, with the only entry at all! Somewhat disappointing, but I suppose all of the contests on this board have fallen kinda flat, sooo.

As promised, the source code is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ipzqs7gkig4qjcr

Coming up: Whatever it is that The Unknowable asks me to do.