[Released] Farore

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Empio, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Empio Blazing Wheel

This is a simple mod that adds an item that will allow you to set a 'secondary' spawn point.
    It is now 'Left Control' instead of 'Left Shift', as 'Left Shift' takes out your torches.

Click the 'Left Mouse Button' to teleport to your marked position.

Each successful cast uses 40 mana (both setting the point and warping to it).

For a cast to be successful, there must be sufficient space for your player to teleport there (2x3 space). Your warp point must also be on flat ground (both standing tiles, not just one).

If you build over your warp point then attempt to warp to it, the cast will be unsuccessful and your warp point will be invalidated. It only invalidates when you cast the spell. So you can build over the warp point, then remove the blocks, and then warp to it successfully.

You cannot warp into doors, unless they are open. You CAN warp into water, lava and any other fluid.
    Some types of dust work where others don't. The ones that do work seem to be caused by projectiles.
    Dust is working.

Farore is crafted with:
    Soul of Flight - 5
    Soul of Light - 10
    Acorn - 10
    Glass - 20
    Life Crystal - 1

Extracted files go in "My Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModPacks". Use the tConfig ModPack Builder located in your Terraria game folder to build it.

Teleport is set from the lower left box of the 2x3 grid.
    XX
    XX
    OX
    ==

X - Air
    O - Teleport setting tile (Air as well)
    = - Ground

Added some comments.
    Removed some unneeded code.
    Teleports are now loaded and saved from the world's binary file.

Teleports have been fixed to work between worlds, and set up that it 'should' work in multiplayer.

Tested in single player on the beta build by Surfpup.

The source is fully commented.

REQUIRES TCONFIG!

Attached Files:

NeonJ and Axe Garian like this.
  2. Darkercloud Lava Slime

I got an error when trying to load the mod using tconfig. All it said was it failed to load when trying to enable it.
  3. Empio Blazing Wheel

Make sure you're using Surfpup's latest tconfig, or try building the obj file yourself.
  4. Darkercloud Lava Slime

Thanks, I got it to work. I love the mod by the way, It's awesome.
  5. Berserker66 Umbrella Slime

You know, nowhere in your post does it say it requires tconfig, you *might* want to add that piece of information.
  6. smokesjackson Snow Flinx

You know only the .obj will work for tconfig wasn't hard to figure it out
  7. Empio Blazing Wheel

Added a bit more information to the end of the post, and made mention of tConfig.
  8. wsensor Yellow Slime

You might want to change the script to from LeftShift to LeftControl.
    Right now if you have any light source it auto selects them instead of letting you use the magic tool.
  9. Empio Blazing Wheel

Changed warp set button to left control.
    Axe Garian likes this.
  10. wsensor Yellow Slime

When teleporting a really far distance you die not sure what happens when wearing a horseshoe.
    Tried setting my warp to the dungeon and went back to spawn than used Farore and instant death.
    I took a feather fall potion and set my spawn to on top of some platforms and I warped to them (still near the dungeon) and I died again.
  11. Empio Blazing Wheel

I've tried warping from each side of a small map and I didn't die, are you sure your weren't killed by the dungeon guardian?

Farore now saves your warp location to file. So your warp location won't be reset set if you quit the game.

File will be your world name located in your terraria folder.
  12. wsensor Yellow Slime

I have finished the dungeon in my map.
    I believe its a large world. (Possibly Medium.)
    I travel to the dungeon and then warp back and die each time.
    If I set my warp to near the dungeon use the mirror to go back to spawn and then use Farore to get to the dungeon again I die.
    I dug a hole and filled it with water 5 blocks deep 3 blocks wide.
    I set platforms in the middle of the hole.
    I than filled the hole up with water.
    I warp to spawn warp back and die T_T.
  13. Empio Blazing Wheel

Seems it happens when your warp is too far below your current position, I'll see if I can fix it.

New version I put up should work.
  14. Axe Garian Blazing Wheel

This looks cool! :D

When ya get that 'Insta-Gib from Warping far below prior location' Bug worked out, I think i'll be wanting this one! ^_^

Long live the Legend of Zelda Series!!! :cool:
  15. Tim Hjersted Arapaima

Yea any luck getting that fixed? I haven't really playtested this that thoroughly (only used it for 50 meter distances so far). The map I'm working on has some medium core mechanics so I'm going to need to iron out everything that goes in the map's mod.
  16. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

the only missing thing in Empio's code that makes this happen , is that the player.fallStart variable is not tampered with.
    Terraria's fall damage works in the way that , if you were at position A , and then in position B , where you collide with a tile in position B , the last place you were standing in counts as fall start (A) , and the place you stand on counts as the fall end (B) , if the distance between them is over a certain length , the player takes damage.
    Solution : change the player's fallstart to fit the teleportation.
  17. Empio Blazing Wheel

Uhh, the fall start thing is in there, and the bug should have been fixed for a long time now.
  18. Axe Garian Blazing Wheel

Oh, it is fixed? Oops... my bad. :oops:

In that case... it's only a matter of time before I Download this Mod! :D
  19. Tim Hjersted Arapaima

Just wanted to share my progress on a remixed version of Farore. To fit with the upgrade path I have in my map (where you need a magic mirror to craft this item), the sprite was changed to a purple magic mirror and is called "Farore's Magic Mirror." Though I've left the crafting in this attachment alone as you need to change the magic mirror.ini file to have it be a material for it to be used as a crafting material.

What else has changed? Namely, I got the dust effects working and looking great! There's a nice big explosion of dust where you teleport and when you save your spawn now. The only thing that isn't working is the spawn point doesn't save properly when you quit and return. Since the code hasn't changed since I presume it was working I can only guess it was due to a Tconfig compatibility update.

Attached Files:

20. Axe Garian Blazing Wheel

Is there a way to Code this Mod to where it'll create a Save File for saving your Warp Spawn Points similar to how the Bed Spawn Point Code works?

(My apologies for my lateness in response. I've been busy. :oops:)