[Released] Terraria Mod Installer (source code for Mod Creators)

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Surfpup, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surfpup

Surfpup Arapaima

I've decided to put up the source code of the Installer that I made for tConfig. Anyone making a mod that modifies the source code of Terraria could easily integrate this into their Visual Studio solution and have an installer for their mod in no time. This installer is designed to work with the Game Launcher.

The source code is available on Github here: https://github.com/Surfpup/Terraria-Mod-Installer

There is usage of a variable in the Constants class, which isn't uploaded because it is a part of tConfig, and is only used for the version number displayed when the installer is run - simply remove or change that part to get it working. The other thing that you need to know is that it needs a delta patch file placed in the Resources folder. Get bsdiff/bspatch, and you can set up your project so that it makes a call to bsdiff as a Build Event, so it creates the patch file when you build your solution.

I'm new to Github and revisioning systems in general, so let me know if there's anything I need to improve or fix.

Yoraiz0r, 'Zappa and Eikester like this.
  2. Berserker66

Berserker66 Umbrella Slime

Growing modding infrastructure. Liking it.

3. 'Zappa

'Zappa Squirrel

It's easy to see that you're the vanguard of this modding community.Well done.

4. iPie uDie

iPie uDie Green Slime

Aren't Re-Logic the kind that are against /will do something/ against direct .exe modifications?

5. Magenobo

Magenobo Green Slime

Its not working anymore for me after i moved steam from my Disc C to Disc D. it cant operate the mods from the Disc C but the normal game works. Can you help with the problem?

6. Loki ISP

Loki ISP Moderator Staff Member

Please check the date stamps on threads before posting. In this case, this thread has been dead for 18 months....locked

Shockah likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.