[Released WIP] Linaria -- Terraria 1.1.2 for Linux

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by jesyspa, Apr 20, 2012.

1. masau Green Slime

For those on Arch linux (or any other distro that has an up to date version of perl) having issues with the perl script - downgrade to perl 5.14.2 (I used downgrader from the AUR - run downgrader -l perl and grab 5.14.2-7). Update perl to 5.16.2 (or whatever it's at when you read this) again after running the script.

As was already mentioned by someone else in the other thread, convertmusic.sh requires mmv to run which can be found in the AUR.

The python script requires python2, not python3, so if the command doesn't work, run python2 makeXwb.py "Wave Bank.xwb" instead (assuming you have python2 installed of course).
  2. Diversant Green Slime

Read most pages in this thread. And still didn't find any solution for launching Terraria.
    I use Gentoo linux (x86).

Code:
    Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode.get_Default () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at OpenTK.GameWindow..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameWindow.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameWindow..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.LinuxGamePlatform..ctor (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game game) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GamePlatform.Create (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game game) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Terraria.Main..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Terraria.Program.StartClient (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in /home/s/dev/Terraria-clean/Linaria/Terraria/Program.cs:189
      at Terraria.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00028] in /home/s/dev/Terraria-clean/Linaria/Terraria/Program.cs:33
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode.get_Default () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at OpenTK.GameWindow..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameWindow.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameWindow..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.LinuxGamePlatform..ctor (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game game) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GamePlatform.Create (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game game) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Terraria.Main..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Terraria.Program.StartClient (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in /home/s/dev/Terraria-clean/Linaria/Terraria/Program.cs:189
      at Terraria.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00028] in /home/s/dev/Terraria-clean/Linaria/Terraria/Program.cs:33

ls -l /usr/lib/mono/4.0/ | grep total
    total 14486

Tried copying .dlls mentioned in FIXES file. Still no help.

And some other questions: Will it be possible to use TerrariaServer.exe under Linux? (Didn't used TShock yet)
    Will Linux build be available in Steam through Steamplay?
  3. Giako Green Slime

Hello everybody, I'm a very noob Terraria player (I've begun playing it just a few days ago) and a very long time GNU/Linux user (from 2004, currently I'm an Ubuntu user).

Since MonoGame 3 has been released a couple weeks ago, I've updated Linaria.zip with the up-to-date dlls. This dll switching seems to have fixed various bugs, and I've also managed to get the mousewheel working and coloured lighting working in fullscreen mode and with any windowed mode.
    Unfortunately I have little time to test this game, so I'll just leave this here and I'll ask your help to find out any regression/fixes since the previous Linaria release.

Instructions for using this version are the SAME of previous releases (including how to make sound and music work).

IMPORTANT: in my tests, the generated Wave Bank had corrupted music (using the parameters given in this post). I've solved the problem using these parameters:

Also, if windowed game renders incorrectly, try switching to fullscreen first.

I've made also a little announcement on Reddit a few days ago:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/co...ramework_being_retired_what_does_that/c89ossb

DISCLAIMER:
    I just updated the dlls files, so the original work belongs to the original author.
    I know MonoGame very little, so I can't fix Terraria bugs, but anybody can submit an issue to MonoGame's bugtracker, so the devs know what needs fixing.

Let's hope Terraria devs take this port seriously and roll out an official Linux version (Andrew Spinks seems back to developing new features, check it's Twitter account)!

Attached Files:

nullguy and -DarkAceZ- like this.
  4. runiq Green Slime

Hey there, thanks again for doing this. :)

I seem to be getting fonts issues with your build:

http://imgur.com/xffMEJr.png

Also, upon exiting the game, I get the following error I didn't get with the previous Linaria build:

Code:
    X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
      Major opcode of failed request:  4 (X_DestroyWindow)
      Resource id in failed request:  0x3000002
      Serial number of failed request:  7100
      Current serial number in output stream:  7101
    AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed
    I briefly started a new game, and apart from these issues, everything seems to work alright. I only took a few steps due to the font issues, though.

I'm using Arch Linux and the monogame package from the AUR.
  5. Giako Green Slime

Yo Runiq, glad to see you here :)

I can't reproduce your font issue, I'm on Ubuntu 12.10 with Mono 2.10.8.1 (MonoGame is already bundled in the zip file). Maybe it's some Mono dependency missing...

The last errors are related to the incorrect initial positioning of the viewport (starting the game directly in fullscreen mode gets rid of those messages) and the last one is for the incorrect shutdown of the audio device. I'll look for some workaround.
    Also another known issue: if the user presses Alt-Tab, music stops playing, but sound effects are still there.

Also I didn't test multiplayer mode, so keep sending your feedback. :)

This is a screenshot on my laptop (I have hybrid Nvidia/Intel graphics, and this was taken on my Intel Sandy Bridge video), excuse me for not setting English language :) :

Schermata del 2013-02-11 21:44:19.png
  6. runiq Green Slime

:)

Oh, alright, I hadn't noticed. I'm using Mono 2.8.10, then (checked with "mono --version"). I'll try 2.8.10.1 and report back.

Alright, good to know. I rarely play fullscreen—my laptop can smoothly handle 800x600, but that's about that.

Hm, I see. I'll try fiddling around with Mono and copying around either the Content folder only, or just copying the Linaria stuff over the entire Terraria folder.

Edit: Neither worked. I built Mono 2.10.8.1 and tried copying a) Linara over a pristine Terraria folder, b) new Linaria over the old (working) Linaria folder, c) the old Linaria's Content folder over to the new Linaria folder. The font bug is still there either way.

I should probably mention that I have an old Mobile Intel 945GM Express on-board chipset, not a dedicated graphics card.
  7. Ethan Adams Green Slime

I
    I'm having the same issue on arch.
  8. Giako Green Slime

I'm collecting some information regarding this font bug (so far it affects only Arch installations), so I find a workaround to this, or submit an issue to MonoGame bugtracker.
  9. Alextov Green Slime

When i try to run terraria it shows:
    Code:
    alexhr2000@alexhr2000desktop:~/Terraria$ mono Terraria.exe
    WARNING: The runtime version supported by this application is unavailable.
    Using default runtime: v1.1.4322

** (Terraria.exe:5973): WARNING **: The class System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 could not be loaded, used in mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Terraria.Program' from assembly 'Terraria, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

and here is mono --version
    Code:
    alexhr2000@alexhr2000desktop:~/Terraria$ mono --version
    Mono JIT compiler version 2.6.7 (Debian 2.6.7-5.1)
    Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Novell, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
        TLS:          __thread
        GC:            Included Boehm (with typed GC and Parallel Mark)
        SIGSEGV:      altstack
        Notifications: epoll
        Architecture:  amd64
        Disabled:      none

PS: I Had installed mono-completed from sudo "apt-get install mono-complete"
    EDIT: I am using Debian Squeeze
  10. Giako Green Slime

MonoGame 3 is an implementation of XNA 4.x and it requires .NET support version 4 (at least), so Mono have to be version 2.8+.
  11. Alextov Green Slime

Thats mean i need to find and compile mono-complete?
  12. Giako Green Slime

Yeah, otherwise just find a Debian repository with an updated version of Mono. ;)
  13. Alextov Green Slime

14. Alextov Green Slime

After compile, finally it works.
    EDIT: I Run the Music script, but it again fail to load
  15. Anonymous905 Green Slime

Hi, I'm trying to get the music working, I followed instructions exactly as followed by I run into a problem here:

I enter in this command: perl xactxtract2.pl -x "Wave Bank.xwb"

And I get this result: FEHLER: WAVEDATA Segment: Offset: 148 ,Laenge: 0 at xaXwb.pm line 184.

How to I get the files to successfully be extracted?
  16. -DarkAceZ- Slimed Zombie

Awesome work, man!
    I have glitches, and in a pinch they might not sound bad but they do get quite annoying very quickly:
    1. Mouse cursor cannot go outside the game window.
    2. Game often starts with the screen going off the window, Fullscreening doesn't really help fix it (see next glitch) but re-sizing the window (ALT+F8) does after a bit.
    3. Once inside fullscreen you cannot leave it without closing the game first, then relaunching and ALT+Enter-ing again to get back to window mode. Once you do that you can't get back to fullscreen without restarting the game again. :p

I'd love to use your build but if I can't move the mouse outside the window it's quite inconvenient. I'll stick around, see if you can get a fix. :cool:
  17. Segfaulted_Ant Green Slime

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34766297/xactxtract2.pl
    I edited the script to ignore switches and run as instructed on the latest Perl version.
    Remove the '-acodec pcm_u8' parameter from convertmusic.sh, and everything will convert fine.
    Running arch, got sound working, though it seems a bit slow.
    1. perl xactxtract2.pl -x "Wave Bank.xwb"
    2. ./convertmusic.sh
    3. python2 makeXwb.py "Wave Bank.xwb"
  18. Tene Green Slime

I'm on Fedora and I've got the same font bug. I'd be glad to help debug this however you like. You can find me on irc in #terraria on indieirc.net or send me a message to ask for other contact information.
  19. Tene Green Slime

20. Tene Green Slime

Sorry for spamming the thread, but I've confirmed that that's the cause. I just had to install libtxc_dxtn and now the fonts render perfectly. I hope this helps someone else.