[Released - WIP] N-Terraria: Reborn (RPG mod - Quests, Events and more!)

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Bobrocket, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

This is not a tConfig mod.
    I did get permission off of Nakano15 to do this.

Read this first

This is the continuation of the beloved N-Terraria mod.
    This mod allows the player to level up, and have access to events, quests and more!

This mod should be played through Terraria GameLauncher.

[IMG]

Whoops; there's a nightmare! I also have 30 unspent skill points...

[IMG]

Our new skill allocator; with spells on the next tab.

If you'd like to see your own suggestion in here - just respond with your idea, a sprite and any stats necessary.

download
    GLI3 file (for use with Game Launcher 3!)

instructions:
    • download both parts
    • extract the zip anywhere
    • move the GLI3 file to ./Documents/My Games/Terraria/Game Launcher
    • run terraria normally
    you need Game Launcher 3!
    you also need to make new characters!
  2. Nakano15 Clinger

Signed bellow.
    And event list too intrusive.
    LordShadow95 and robflop like this.
  3. Arkoonius Cursed Skull

There's a name I haven't seen in a while. Well, then again I haven't been on the forums for about 2 years now...

Regardless, I'm going to try out the current version right now (recent hype with Redigit updating Terraria once more has gotten me wanting to play). So, if I find any bugs or have a suggestion, I'll throw them your way.
  4. Titot Slimed Zombie

Man i just though that was someone re-working on reborn lol
  5. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

i puked in my mouth a little
    Persuasion, Klokinator, W1K and 6 others like this.
  6. robflop Yellow Slime

Yo! Will the Event list stay like that? It's a "bit" big :p
    And I liked Nakano's Health bar more, but its yours :)
    -robflop
  7. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

i forgot to change values around with the event list - it will look smaller and much nicer when i'm finished.
    health bar is a bit of a concept, looking for something like that.
  8. Sumenora Demon Eye

Ok I'm gonna REALLY keep a eye on this one as N-Terraria has alot of Potential and i played the earlier version that was made by Nakano15 ...ok first things first and i would like you to STRESS THIS ISSUE TO THE MAX. there is a lag issue that has been happening with this Mod.. and i'm talking slowdowns when you play or move around in-world...so before truely releasing "N-Terraria : The Reborn of the Overpowered Queen" (Me! - :p)....make sure you look into any lag issues that involves mods ...this is ESPECIALLY true in Tconfig.
  9. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

This isn't a problem with any mod - It's a problem with Terraria itself sadly.
    Typical fixes:
    • Change lighting
    • Change parallax
  10. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

quick update:
    i've added an alert system, so it doesn't spam your chat box with gained experience, etc.
    [IMG]
    up to 10 "alerts" will show at once, each one lasts for 2.25 seconds (completely non-intrusive) and show things like your gained EXP, lost health etc.
    robflop likes this.
  11. Sumenora Demon Eye

ok i changed my Lighting to White and My Parallax to 50 lets see what happens cause i know this does not happen when i play normal Terraria

Edit : Hmmmm nope still pretty much acting like its trying to catch up with every texture it comes across especially at night

Typical fixes aren't gonna fix it unfortunately

So my first assume is how Terraria handles Mods. cause without the mods the game runs smoothly at least for me...but when playing it with mods its a nightmare!..especially when more sprites start to pick up or fighting bosses.

i can even quote this guy as a Reference

sounds pretty simulur
  12. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

terraria doesn't "handle mods" - i'm building directly over the source; tConfig builds directly over the source
    i will look into it, but no promises
  13. Sumenora Demon Eye

Do what you possibility can hun ;)..you all are lovely people with a talent in coding that not many people can master <3..."may the eternal sun shine upon thee" 1000 points if you catch the reference
    robflop likes this.
  14. Nakano15 Clinger

Well,i think that the part of "Player 'name'" is kinda unnecessary,unless the player forgot the character name.
    Also,removing it will clutter less the interface.
    And the health bar is too oversized.Better reduce it's height.
    Yoraiz0r likes this.
  15. ZetaXeta Slimed Zombie

Kind sir.... I am sooooo happy to hear that N-Terraria is being continued! If you ever need any help with ANYTHING whether it be testing, spriting, anything, just dont rely on me for coding :p Iv played this mod since just about when it first started and id be more than glad to help its improvement.
  16. Sumenora Demon Eye

i would help too but i need to learn a few things.. XD .

Ill be the ultimate tester!...cause i prefer performance over anything! it can be the most wonderful peice of work ever...but if it plays like Bill-Gates presentation of his next Operating system to have a embaressing Blue Screen of Death for the world to see...then its not worth my time >3 or anyone else

This girl is rooting for u kiddo <3 <3! Make me and your momma proud. :p
  17. ZetaXeta Slimed Zombie

Sweet, maybe we could host a private server and test it together lol :p
  18. Sumenora Demon Eye

sounds good to me hun. im gonna be lurking all day.
  19. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

yup, working on a nicer bar.
    also the player name is so its more geared towards MP, however will only show level ups, but will show all of your combat records.
    add me on steam or skype and we can discuss there.
    Bobrocket_01 on both.
  20. Sumenora Demon Eye

when things are ready... i'm a bit weary and careful when it comes to releasing contact information
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.