TConfig [Released/WIP] Never Enough Mods!

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by MiraiMai, Aug 31, 2012.

1. MiraiMai Fire Imp

Never Enough Mods!
    This is my thread for all my small mod packs that I've made. I'll probably end up making larger themed mod packs using the content from these. I also put a lot of my ideas here, so feel free to comment on those as well. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so generally there shouldn't be any major bugs, but please report anything you find. Also, don't be afraid to make requests for me to add to the packs, if I like it I may try adding it.

Also note, the Never Enough Mods wiki isn't just for me! If you make mods and find a single forum post too small to house your mod(s), feel free to add yourself and your mods to the wiki.

Click the title of each mod to go to a wiki page with detailed info on that mod, including planned features, changelogs, etc.

All My Mods @ NeverEnoughMods.Wikia

[IMG][IMG][IMG] [SMP] Never Enough Accessories! [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Last Update: 28.0.6 (24 Nov. 2012)

[IMG] [SMP] Never Enough Devices! [IMG]
    < Click above to go to forum post with more details >

[IMG] [SMP] Never Enough Headgear! [IMG]
    Last Update: 28.0.3 (24 Nov. 2012)

[IMG] [SMP] Never Enough Magic! [IMG]
    Last Update: 28.0.4 (24 Nov. 2012)

[IMG] [??] Never Enough Vanity! [IMG]
    Last Update: 24.0.1 (26 Sept. 2012)

[IMG] [SMP] Never Enough Weaponry! [IMG]
    Last Update: 28.0.5 (24 Nov. 2012)

[SMP] Mainslot-0 : My Dual Wielding Mod
    Last Update: 28.0.5 (24 Nov. 2012)

Mini Mods (open)
    [SMP] Proper Healing: Drink your potions!
    Last Update: 28.1.0 (09 Dec. 2012)

[SMP] Name Change Certificate: Stop killing your NPCs!
    Last Update: 24.0.0 [MP Bugged] (07 Oct. 2012)

[SMP] Ranged Boomerangs: Because They Are!
    Last Update: 1.0 [FINAL] (10 Sept. 2012)

Userbar
    Fan of the mods? Add a Userbar to your signature!
    [IMG]
    Code:
    [URL='http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/tconfig-released-wip-never-enough-mods.91405/'][IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62703524/Terraria/NE-Mods-Userbar.png[/IMG][/URL]

Legend
    [SP] Known to only work in single player
    [MP] Known to only work in multiplayer
    [SMP] Known to work in either single or multiplayer
    [??] Not known which modes it works in.
    Please notify me if any of these are incorrect!

Please read!
    Although I do release these open source for others to use, please do no claim ownership of any of my content, or use any of my content without crediting me and attaching a link to this page. If you let me know about your project using my content, I could place a link to yours on this topic as well.

Also, a very big thank you to Surfpup, tConfig is an amazing tool and makes modding much more simple, as well as deals with conflict problems. Great job!

Credits (open)

Clockwork Spinshot / Clockwork Chainshot
    Idea came after seeing, and sprites were created from, Kari's Death Machine from Karix Mod.
    Also used the code as a starting point.
    Corrupt Navigator
    Lighting effect modified from Phlebas' Echolocation buff.
  2. nababoo Dark Caster

This seems like a nice step forward from all the "Armor/weapons" mods.

Just be sure to continue updating
  3. MisfortunateFrederic Green Slime

I hope the Vanity and Accessory section comes out soon.

-Edit-

Definitely going for that Life Regen spell.
  4. MiraiMai Fire Imp

Glad to see there's some interest :D

That was the idea, it seems most people focus on new armor or weapons, and most the accessories I've seen have been mixes of already existing ones. The variety is nice, but the other stuff needs love too :p

Go for it all you like :p I think there might be a small bug in it that causes it to work better than I had planned, I doubt many will mind that for now though. It may be only when the game lags. (Was draining the ocean into the underworld when I had the problem)

And that's actually probably the order I'm going to try :p Alongside Headgear, at first I'll probably only do the goggles for that one, I've got to try thinking of how to get the other two to look right. The first accessories will probably be very "class specific", having positives and negatives for different kinds of weapons.

Currently working on the Mining Goggles for headgear, when that's done and tested I'll post it up, hopefully later tonight I can get something else done before sleeping. I made all the sprites for the new spells but not sure how to code custom graphics in(the bubble shield over the player and a "portal" for the Star Shower) I'll add the new sprites to the topic when I put up Headgear.

EDIT:
    Never Enough Headgear is now up :) Pretty darn simple, so shouldn't cause any problems or have any bugs, as far as I can tell. Forgot to add the new magic sprites, so doing that after this :) Don't think they'll be ready for tonight, but Heal, Mana Gift, Star Shot and Star Burst should be up when I wake up tomorrow morning. (EST)

I'll work on sprites for Vanity/Accessories for tonight, hopefully I can get the first versions of those out sometime tomorrow :) (Possibly release Vanity tonight if I finish them, considering coding is minimal for that)
  5. PowerCosmic Werewolf

This seems pretty like a pretty industrious and lofty goal. Are you working on it alone?
  6. MiraiMai Fire Imp

Yup :) I'm not the best at working with others online. In person is easy, but I've never had luck with teams or anything.

Bit of an update, I got distracted today(clearly) and ended up playing instead of modding. I've basically done everything pre-hardmode but the Wall of Flesh now :) Also, the main reason is that I hit a snag on the Vanity pack. I had assumed(bad idea) that the "color" property would apply to the armor on the character as well as in your inventory, but it doesn't. I was hoping to have some of the vanity item's come in a random colour, but if all armor sprites are stuck the colour they are drawn, I may have to scratch that idea.

Now that I've pulled myself away from it though, and had my dose of new Doctor Who,(so needed that :p ) I'll get to work. First I'll get those new spells done, then I'll work on the accessories. I'll edit the main thread now with the accessories I'm working on :)

EDIT: Okay needed a bit more experimenting than I thought with spells. Added Heal and Mana Gift. Offensive spells and the bug fix for Mana Gift will come next time. Now going to work on Accessories, then attempt the Vanity again, I may have thought up a solution to my problem.
  7. MiraiMai Fire Imp

New Release! :D

Never Enough Accessories is out with the 3 class specific "Focus" items. Will try to get the "Soul" upgrades out sometime soon. I think I found the solution to the Vanity pack's issue in tConfig's changelog, so that will be my next try for sure :D

I now have a huge write up on my computer listing my plans for the Devices pack. I'll either start that after Vanity, or after my other mod idea(bigger mod plan, will get it's own thread :p )
  8. PowerCosmic Werewolf

What sort of vanity items are you working on?
  9. MisfortunateFrederic Green Slime

I have one quick request:

Can you change boomerang-type weapons from melee to ranged?

Them being melee kind of doesn't make sense.
  10. MiraiMai Fire Imp

At first just headgear, because it's easier. I haven't done much spriting in a long time, need to get used to it again.

The first release will have 2 kinds of halos, horns, and some reference pieces from another game. (seems to be a theme in Terraria, so why not :p) Maybe some other things, depends how much spriting I get done. Eventually planning to add some monster-related costumes, and the extra slots idea, still not 100% sure what angle to take with that, I have a few possibilities.

I've always thought so too, I'll see what I can do. Flails are the only "ranged melee" weapon that makes sense.
    PowerCosmic likes this.
  11. PowerCosmic Werewolf

Yes, YES! That's AWESOME. I can now skip the step in my grand scheme where I was gonna try to convince you that making horns would be an awesome idea. :cool:

Monster-related costumes, huh? How about an eyeball hat / helmet? Oh, since Halloween is right around the corner... how about a witch hat, or a pumpkin helmet. How cool does that sound?
  12. MiraiMai Fire Imp

Updated Accessories already :D Changed boomerangs to ranged(only effects official ones, obviously, was easier than I thought it would be), and fixed some dumb mistakes.

Actually thinking of 4 horns right now, 3 being reference pieces from the other game and 1 just being some big horns :p And you just said a few ideas I plan to do :p Holiday stuff will wait for atleast another month though, a bit too early for Halloween.

Considering I've gotten a modpack and an update out today already, I think I'll save vanity for tomorrow, gives me more time to work on sprites anyways. If my counting is right, I have 2 Halos, 4 Horns, atleast 3 other pieces from the game(no spoilers till tomorrow :p) and possibly some of the monster ones(they should be easy anyways, just turning existing sprites into items) so plenty of content on the Vanity pack on first release :p
  13. PowerCosmic Werewolf

Oh come on...at least give me this: any devil horns?
  14. MiraiMai Fire Imp

3 of the 4 horns will be rare drops off of Demons, if that helps :p Last ones will be crafted with bone and leather. Just counted my list, 21 ideas on it right now, not sure all will be in first release, but we'll see.
  15. MisfortunateFrederic Green Slime

Woop, logical-acting Unreal Light Disc(x5) time.
  16. MiraiMai Fire Imp

Hmm, so are you using an inventory editor or did I accidentally enable Modifier's on it somehow?
  17. MisfortunateFrederic Green Slime

No, I abused the reforge bug from back when reforging started in Terraria.
  18. MiraiMai Fire Imp

Well here's the vanity pack :D I'll update the thread later (have to run to class in a minute)

Most the costumes are dropped off of enemies, for instance, each slime drops a slime hat of their colour(colour doesn't work on character yet, will try to fix that tonight) There's a few crafted at the loom.

And the topic is updated :) Any suggestions are welcome on the appearance of them.
  19. hasikon Bunny

i love the headgear mod but could yo umabey make your mods as a obj file? cuz im not sure if using the instaler will screw my other mods
  20. MiraiMai Fire Imp

It won't, it's the official installer generated by tConfig, it contains the obj and just copies it into your Modpack folder :) If you're stuck behind Norton or something though, I guess I can put obj links too. Will have to wait until later though, busy cleaning up and sorting my room right now xD