TConfig [Released WIP] WorldRender

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Berserker66, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Berserker66

Berserker66 Umbrella Slime

Version in this post is outdated, this is now integrated into Omnitool. Run this by left clicking on a world thumbnail in Omnitool's GUI
    1.1.2 & tConfig Compatible

I would like to present you my tool, WorldRender: render.png render2.png

It is a program capable of rendering Terraria Worlds.

Alternatively, it can output a world as a website, such as this one:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44766482/superimage/index.html

Download

Usage:
    extract the archive and use start_render.bat for normal mode, as shown with the first two screenshots, or start_render_html.bat to create a website.
    You can view the website on your local computer without internet.

Controls in normal mode:
    Hold left mouse button down and drag mouse to move camera.
    If you also hold down space, camera movement is multiplied by 10.

In theory, you do not need a graphics card for this, it runs solely on cpu.
    (Could be used by servers to generate maps)

Stuff not implemented yet:
    -minimap
    -save area as screenshot
    -npc editor
    -correct rendering of vegetation
    -rendering of underworld background
    -zoom
    -proper liquid rendering

xPi, Aereaux, Anakin and 3 others like this.
  2. 7UR7L3

7UR7L3 Undead Viking

Yay, that's one feature you have that terrafirma doesn't already, space bar speedup. Good job. You yet again manage to amaze me, I can't wait for what is to come.

EDIT: Nooooo... 1.JPG Why would it do this? And also, couldn't I just run the render.exe rather than the batch file?

3. Berserker66

you can run render.exe, but then you don't get an error log, the window will simply crash.

Anyway, I fixed this issue, by including another couple additional MB of data.. I really need to sort some things out.
    (Download link updated)

4. 7UR7L3

7UR7L3 Undead Viking

I still get the error 1.JPG Not sure if it's the same one or not though.

5. Berserker66

it's definitely working for me now, are you sure you are running the new download?

6. 7UR7L3

7UR7L3 Undead Viking

Yay! It works now, the download must have been glitching for me (that sometimes happens) It took about 1min to load, but I don't have the best computer out there. I do really like the space bar speedup. it works great. Are the height of lava and water gonna be fixed to be shown at their normal heights? Because I have some places where the lava only gets to about 1/4 high in the block, but lava fills up the whole block in world render. Well, good job so far.

7. Awwkaw

Awwkaw Green Slime

awsome dude, will it work for 1.1? or will it error the new files?

8. Berserker66

@7UR7L3 thanks for reminding me. Yes right now liquids don't really work, they don't "blend" and are unaware of the amount in the tile. For now it's just a simple "there is a liquid of type x" thing.

It will certainly not error the files, as it will never overwrite any world data. At least as long as the npc editor is not implemented.

As far as 1.1 compatibility goes, it will need a new database at least. Without having 1,1 I can't say what else might be needed.

Awwkaw likes this.
  9. Berserker66

Link in OP now leads to 1.1 compatible version ;)

10. Awwkaw

Awwkaw Green Slime

awsome, but want use it, think it would be cheating ;( XD

11. mrkite

mrkite Eskimo Zombie

Awesome. Takes the pressure off me too, since I can never guarantee I'll be able to update terrafirma.. good to see there's really well made competition.

Berserker66 and Awwkaw like this.
  12. Berserker66

Certainly nice you take it so well, certain personalities might have been very pissed at me. ;)

13. 7UR7L3

7UR7L3 Undead Viking

Yay! It works perfectly for 1.1(besides the few graphic issues, but they were always there). I am constantly shocked at how fast you manage to overcome program issues, good job.

Awwkaw likes this.
  14. Berserker66

Not all 1.1 changes are implemented yet, like wood blending into dirt and well generally all new blends. It was just a quick and dirty compatibility patch. But rather dirty than not all, I suppose ;)

Awwkaw likes this.
  15. Berserker66

Updated version now linked, has 1.1 Tile blending and the new NPCs.

16. luksaman

luksaman Cave Bat

Blending!! Yes. (I think you still have hair) After 1 day of 1.1 and so much changes... Hope you will play 1.1 too.

17. Berserker66

Well you can tell that I still have hair because grass is not working. I stopped working on it before it was too late XD

I have played a bit by now, but I always tab out into the source code again.. I .. just .. can't.

18. Helbirden9

Helbirden9 Green Slime

Hmm seem to keep getting this error with 1.1

[​IMG]

19. Berserker66

Since I don't have that npc yet myself, I guessed he is named "Tinkerer"; turns out it's Goblin Tinkerer.

Link is updated, should be fixed this time. Thanks for telling.

This version has also reduced loading times by ~10% and slightly less ram usage.

20. 7UR7L3

7UR7L3 Undead Viking

Wow, that loads substantially faster on my computer, good job. I wouldn't know about the tinkerer though as I don't have him yet either.