[REQ] Best Gear Guide?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Droopy, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droopy

Droopy Green Slime

Hey guys I'm new to terraria and I just want to know what the best weapons and armor sets and accesories are for like melee and magic situations

2. doobie

doobie Squirrel

Personally, when fighting:

Armor: Jungle

Weapons:
    Hotbar : Muramasa, Sunfury, Phoenix Blaster​
    Inv: Fiery Greatsword, Flower Of Fire, Molten Fury [sometimes Blade of Grass for reach]​

Accessories: Shiny Red Baloon, Cobalt Shield, Feral Claws, Health/Mana Ring, Rocket Boots/Cloud in a Bottle

3. UVERkill

UVERkill Green Slime

My setup for ranged DPS/mobility:

Weapons: Phoenix Blaster (with meteor shots), Sunfury, and (sometimes) Flamelash
    Accessories: Rocket Boots, Hermes Boots, Shiny Red Balloon, Cobalt Shield, Lucky Horseshoe

edit: if you have a ton of stars... starcannon just owns everything

4. Loot

Loot Green Slime

For Melee:

Armor: Shadow Armor
    Weapon: Muramasa with Phoenix Blaster for ranged mobs
    Accessory: 2 Feral claws than any 3 of your choice

The above setup will give the maximum melee dps with the most customization. Shadow can be subbed with Jungle but will require a 3rd Feral Claw to reach attack speed cap, leaving you less freedom in accessories.

5. topbannana100

topbannana100 Green Slime

Weapon:Muramasa phoenix blaster and maybe minishark (good for killing bosses)
    Armour: Not really sure it depends what your weapon your using but i like to use necro armor for melee
    Accessory: Rocket boots, lucky horseshoe, shiny red balloon, cobalt shield and Hermes boots.

6. Hosko21

Hosko21 Green Slime

I notice how everyone kind of gave you end game content gear lol.

Jungle armor + feral claws will probably the last gear you get, for now just try and make good gear from the ore you mine (increases in defence from Copper => Iron => Silver => Gold) this is followed by Shadowscale armor (melee speed bonus) which you make from Demonite ore dropped from the Eye of Cthulu and the Eater of Worlds (eater of worlds also drops an armor piece usually).

Once you've got Shadowscale you can either try and find the Jungle biome for jungle armor, or do what most prefer and dig down to Hellworld and mine some Hellstone & Obsidian to make Molten tools & armor (i recommend this as the Molten tools especially make the gameplay a lot faster... no one like mining slowly).

Hope this helps!

7. Reflex

Reflex Cave Bat

Weapons: Fiery Greatsword,Phoenix blaser,Muramasa,Flamelash,Sunfury
    Armour:Molton,Jungle or Necro I use Necro speed is usfull
    Accessory:Rocket Boots,HermesBoots,Red Balloon,Cloud in a bottle,Lucky horseshoe
    Its mainly a speed set and it works

8. Loot

Loot Green Slime

While this is mostly true, the Nightmare Pickaxe mines faster than the Molten.

9. Reflex

Reflex Cave Bat

u forgot necro

10. Fewd

Fewd Cursed Skull

Melee:

Armor: Molten
    Weapons: Sunfury
    Accessories: Cloud/ Hermes/ Shield/ Horseshoe/ Rocket

Magic:

Weapons: Flamelash
    Accessories: Cloud / Starpower Ring/ Shield/ Rocket/ Horseshoe

11. Hosko21

Hosko21 Green Slime

Really? I guess it's faster for Dirt n stuff, or is it faster for Meteor/Hellstone?

No i didn't. Necro comes from bones you collect from mobs in the Dungeon and takes quite some time to collect all the cobwebs. I figure a new player would have more luck and an easier time going to Hellworld first, well i did lol.

There's technically a 'lot' that i missed, i have every item in the game x2 at least i just tried not to overload with information and keep to the point

12. Reflex

Reflex Cave Bat

no i mean u didn't mention it

13. Loot

Loot Green Slime

Faster for everything iirc.

14. Ghilleh

Ghilleh Cursed Man

It's only faster for soft blocks, as for everything else the Nightmare Pickaxe needs twice as many hits.

15. Droopy

Droopy Green Slime

Honestly, I only really do monster fights and pvp with people so I just spawn my gear. Most of everything you guys said was bad though. The stuff that I found to be good was:

Magic:
    Wizard Hat
    Jungle Chest
    Jungle Pants
    Rocket Boots
    4x Ring of Starpower
    Aqua Scepter

Melee:
    Molten Helmet
    Molten Breastplate
    Molten Greaves
    Rocket Boots
    4x Feral Claws
    Muramusa

For Traveling I use:
    Necro Set
    Rocket Boots
    Hermes Boots
    Cloud in a Bottle
    Shiny Red Ballon
    Cobalt Shield
    Sunfury

Yea I'm only really looking for things that will max my damage.
    Oh and I do use Star Cannon occasionally :D
    If you think it's noob that I spawn items I really don't have the time to gather everything myself. I have school and exams to do I'd rather have that instant gratification rather than using my studying time getting one piece of armor.

16. Jerryman

Jerryman Demon Eye

Armor: [Jungle Armor 3/3]
    Accessories: [Lucky Horseshoe], [Cloud in a Bottle], [Rocket Boots], [Red Shiny Baloon], [Hermes Boots]
    Weapons on Hotbar: [Muramasa] For close combat, [Flamelash] For PvP, [Starfury] For fighting Skeletron

I think it just comes down to personal preference but that's how I like to play everyday.

ipresslikealot likes this.
  17. Archina

Archina Fire Imp

Just stating opinion here but I don't think you need lucky horseshoe. You already have 2 accessories with the potential to negate fall damage (CiaB and RB.) It's probably replace is with something like the Band of Regen or Cobalt Shield.

18. Jerryman

Jerryman Demon Eye

Oh so.. double jumping with CiaB now negage fall damage? :eek:

19. Archina

Archina Fire Imp

Yea they put it back in 1.0.3. Rocket Boots still negated fall damage in 1.0.2 though. After I get one of these two items I never use the Lucky Horseshoe any more as they fill in the job nicely.

20. Jerryman

Jerryman Demon Eye

Oh nice, didn't know, thanks! :) Gonna replace Lucky Horseshoe with Cobalt Shield then :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.