Pre 1.2 [REQUEST] Carrot + Bunny for Non-Collector's Edition Terraria

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by N1ckx2, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N1ckx2 Blazing Wheel

Can someone find a way mod to get the carrot and bunny for someone who doesn't have the collector's edition of terraria. This is the first and (probably) last time I will use a mod, BECAUSE I WANT THAT BUNNY! Thanks.

Here is a tag I made myself to put in your sig (make it smaller): cute bunny 010.jpg
    DiamondDovah and Lord Carver like this.
  2. =[G0dly]= Green Slime

There's a thread to download a world that has a chest and inside that chest holds a carrot.
    if you want to download this world go to this link. Link

Instructions - Download world file world.wld
    go to documents>My Games>terraria>Worlds>
    from there drag the world file that you downloaded, and drag and drop.
  3. N1ckx2 Blazing Wheel

Thanks! Let me try this out right now...
  4. King Colin Demon Eye

I'm pretty sure the devs will not like for this to spread.

It's pretty much stealing from them.

Edited by valanthril.

Edit: It's already on every website, including Terraria Online, everyone already knows how it's possible. Removing a few posts including mine is doing nothing useful, and is just creating problems, not to mention that this is the "Modification" section of the forum. I don't see whats wrong with posting modifications. Also, why allow people to post hacking clients for Terraria that cause huge amounts of griefing on servers, while not allowing people trying to help others get what they honestly deserve for already buying Terraria? It's nonsense, just let it drop, people will figure out how to get a bunny if they want to.

So with that said, to get a bunny you have to edit your registry. First you must update Terraria to 1.1.2 though. More instructions are available in posts after mine, since the instructions I posted were removed.
    Snappyboy and Kiofspa like this.
  5. N1ckx2 Blazing Wheel

Thanks, but you need his packet editor for that, and he said he will not give it away.

I got the carrot, but it does not spawn a bunny :oops:. Thanks for trying though!
  6. =[G0dly]= Green Slime

To get the packet editor go to start, bottom left.. then type in the search button regedit.exe
    i just tried it, and i got it..just like it says in his instructions.
  7. King Colin Demon Eye

He was simply saying that to spawn a carrot you'd need a packet editor. Since you already have a carrot, that's not needed. The instructions included are showing how to allow the standard Terraria client to use bunnies. Follow the instructions to allow bunnies by editing your registry, then use the carrot you obtained through that map you downloaded. That should work, although I haven't tested it.
  8. N1ckx2 Blazing Wheel

Thanks, it does work. The bunny is SO COOL. It can go through walls, and it runs faster than your max speed!

Thanks again!
  9. King Colin Demon Eye

No problem, I'm glad to help. :)
  10. N1ckx2 Blazing Wheel

In when I created my first (main) char, I thought pink on blue was pretty epic (id why). Now, I have a PINK BUNNEH! It looks cute. I suggest you guys try it, it doesn't erase any of your game files or anything. But I suggest keeping a back up of the character you try it on, because you never know what might happen.
  11. Dragonborn Undead Viking

Glad you're happy. I can't update the game because the school internet blocks downloads and my home internet is screwed. want a bunneh when I am building. :(
  12. atom0s Voodoo Demon

You don't need my packet editor to get the carrot. I used my packet editor to spawn the carrot before I investigated things further and figured out the registry patch. You can apply the registry patch I mentioned then create a new character. Once you spawn you will spawn with the carrot on the new character. You can either put it in a chest and save the world, go back in on your main toon and grab it or use an online server to trade it with others etc. to get it on the char you want.

My packet editor was just shown as a proof-of-concept before I dug further. I don't plan on releasing it because it exploits things that aren't fixed on multiplayer that are better off not being easily obtainable by anyone. (Hacks that work on tshock servers, etc.) I'd rather not ruin the community.
    PortalShifter likes this.
  13. Bunny23 Green Slime

Well, I'm just going to put it out there that if you are very very very dissapointed that you dont get a bunny. If you search on google for long enough you will find one of the few sites that teach you how to make the game think you have the collectors edition. So yeah I have a bunny and I have the original normal terraria :)
    P.S Some people should head over to the Celestial Angels Clan page, we/they're pretty darn awesome :D
  14. Mikoto Misaka Voodoo Demon

Buy the collecters edition and don't cheat!
    Katboy likes this.
  15. King Colin Demon Eye

It'd help if you could actually buy it. Also, most of us already own Terraria. Why would we buy it twice?
    NeonJ likes this.
  16. Mikoto Misaka Voodoo Demon

I don't know, maybe hardcore Terraria fans?
    Katboy likes this.
  17. Pink Green Slime

Thank you so much for this thread. I bought the game on the day it was released and I feel like I'm being penalized for buying it too early, since the collector's edition was released later. I'm getting that carrot, damnit!
    NeonJ likes this.
  18. a big red balloon Green Slime

i tried to do the registry thingamajig but terraria wasn't in there
  19. Jeckel Moderator

Or you could, I don't know, look at the 2nd and 4th posts in this thread and get the bunny and carrot without going on a great google quest. ;)
  20. a big red balloon Green Slime

i can give you the carrot:
    [IMG]
    and i can give you a bunny:
    [IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.