Requist for help with modding

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by kinsem, Jan 5, 2013.

1. kinsem Green Slime

I am in the process of creating a simple mod that is more of a test than anything before I start working on a real project. I am attempting to create an object that acts like the cursed torch from the default Terraria items with its own custom block and what not , how ever I am unable to get the item to produce light while it is being held like the torches or glowstick. I have managed to get the Tile for my little test mod to produce light when placed by swiping some code from the .CS file for the Phazon Ore in the Metroid mod, how ever I would like the Item and tile to function like the default cursed torch dose.

I am doing this for several reasons, but the main reason is once I get a bit more proficient with modding I plan on creating a series of weapons that have a "Flash Light" effect on them to produce light like the torches and glowstick do while being held. The ultimate idea is to have the weapon be visible constantly like it is being held at the ready when it is not being used to attack and to give the effect of having a tactical light or flashlight attached to it. Think of the Duct Tape MOD for Doom 3.

I have spent the last several days fiddling with the code and I am at a loss on what to do so I am now asking the modding community for help to give me guidance in the right direction. With that said here is the code from the .ini file I have and if anyone is willing to help me I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Code:
    [Stats]
    width=10
    height=20
    type=-1
    holdStyle=1
    useStyle=1
    useAnimation=15
    useTime=10
    maxStack=99
    rare=1
    createTileName=Glowlight
    consumable=True
    autoReuse=True
    useTurn=True
    scale=1
    toolTip=Provides light even under water
    value=100
    noWet=False
    alpha=20
    Shine=1000
    Shine2=True
    PretendType=523
    [Recipe]
    Amount=1
    needWater=False
    Items=1 Gel,1 Glowstick,1 Glass

There may be unnecessary lines in the .INI file for my object but it dose not seem to be causing any issues with the object being able to be used at all other than it not acting like the torches like I wish it to.