Reviving Features (Maps, Art, Stories, etc) - interest and nominees?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Loki ISP, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Loki ISP Moderator

So, recently, several folks have expressed an interest in reviving the types of features Amy and Ahamling used to write up for the front page. You remember, featured maps/art/stories/mods/etc. with a brief synopsis/review and maybe an interview...in order to bring cool stuff on TO to the awareness of the community at large.

So, are folks interested in this? In full transparency, time on at least my end may be limited...but I love the idea.

For it to work, we need strong community interest (this is where we should spend limited time/resources) as well as a strong list of nominees.

So...discuss, nominate, etc. below...and let's see where this takes us.

Cheers!
    Yoraiz0r, Ploptian, Garneac and 7 others like this.
  2. Classikly Flying Snake

You have my full support.
  3. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Maybe rwm8558 mod features.
  4. Classikly Flying Snake

For mods it should be the 'big' ones first. You know, from the members of CMHQ.
  5. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Mods are already the most popular thing here, they don't need so many features in my opinion.
  6. Classikly Flying Snake

Alright, I can take a hint. I nominate this bastard's maps.
    KLouD KoNNeCteD likes this.
  7. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

And my art, thank you.
  8. W1K Suika Ibuki's White Knight

Why don't ye guys just revive the TerrarianTimes now that Mystery dropped the project. Ya know it did include a feature for each of the kind of works (art, map, stories and mods).
  9. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

I feel like making those is just to time consuming. Also noticed how everyone who has taken up on it has abandoned it? These quicker features seem like a better idea.

Also here's a cool map.
    http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/adv-jump-sp-mp-a-boy-and-his-hook.88174/
  10. W1K Suika Ibuki's White Knight

They're not time consuming. They're just a bunch of features put up together into a single presentation post. People are just too lazy to follow time limits. That could be summed up as a fucked up team. A good team could handle it really well.
    Bullseye55 likes this.
  11. Classikly Flying Snake

In our case there's no point of time limits. And do we want to have multiple features in one thread?
  12. W1K Suika Ibuki's White Knight

It would nullify all the "X takes too much attention compared to Y" things. Also, just pointing out the TerrarianTimes was an awesome idea BEFORE EVERYONE GOT LAZY LOL.
    Zoodletec and Bullseye55 like this.
  13. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

14. Loki ISP Moderator

I'm agnostic as to how we accomplish it. TT is by definition a member run paper - and can be taken up by anyone so inclined.

This was more in the "quick hits" category. Focus on one thing at a time.

I would only say we don't feature previously featured stuff. Starting big or small - either way - but it needs to be feature worthy and reflective of what TO can offer. That could include cmhq stuff or not. The purpose isn't to pick winners and losers - just to show folks that stuff is indeed going on that they may not have known...
  15. Mythril Guy Voodoo Demon

I'd say do a little more map features, maybe revive some custom maps? And also art is definitely a good thing to do. And featuring some youtubers who do full time terraria would be good, maybe features video of there's?
  16. AyeAye12 Fungo Fish

I'd love to do Story features... if I didn't keep on forgetting about them or if there were any actual new stories.

But yeah, count me as a supporter.
  17. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

I made a story, read dat shit.

Also I think more things should be nominated, so far I'm the only one.
  18. rwm8558 Demon Eye

I’m 100% behind this idea. And with the recent Steam holiday sales we might have new people coming in who don’t know about all the amazing mods and maps that have been created.

*Edit
    I made a video about this on my channel so hopefully more people come with ideas.
  19. AaronC Spriter

Yes indeed, in my own opinion I believe art, maps and mods should be featured again as I thought it was interesting to see them before, and if I may suggest another thing, don't you suppose perhaps even sprites/pixel art should be featured? As a fellow average pixel artist I believe pixel art is being left in the shadows too much while there are some really great fan made sprites out there.

Good job on helping to get others see this thread by the way, I actually saw this thread because of your video. :p
  20. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Here's the video, I nominate it for a feature, Just kidding.'