Screenshot key?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Voyager, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Voyager Crimera

Does Terraria have a screenshot key?
    I tried ctl-c, but just got desktop.

BTW, has anyone made a complete list of what all the keys do? (vers. 1.1.2)
  2. Klapp Tortoise

I just use Steam's screenshot function with like F12 or whatever it is.
  3. Tunnel King Moderator

The game's controls: http://wiki.terrariaonline.com/Controls

Most keyboards have a 'Prt Scr' key that copies the entire screen to the clipboard. Then you can use Paint/Paint.net/(your favorite graphics program) to alter and save the image. For uploading images to the forum, .PNG is the preferred format.

I use a third-party screen capture tool, PicPick (the free version). It lets me choose an active window or select a region, has its own editor, etc. For most things I do, it's handier than Prt Scr + Paint.net.
  4. Star and Moon Blood Crawler

Steam can also take pictures of the game, with the F12 key.
  5. Mythril Guy Voodoo Demon

Steam uses F12 to take in game photos, while Fraps also does the same by you picking the key you want to you to take screenshots. It's easier to do with fraps, even if you get the free version.
  6. Classikly Flying Snake

Listen to Klapp and Star and Moon, use Steam's screenshot button. Prt Scr for games are unnecessary and obnoxious.
  7. W1K suiko ibuke

The Print method does not work for some full-screen dx games. I guess it does not work with Terraria either. The Steam's screenshot thingy is definitelly the best and simpliest choice.
  8. Tunnel King Moderator

The free Fraps version only lets you save screenshots as .BMP's (just tried it).
    The Steam screenshots are great for Steam galleries, but I find them to be a pain to find/use in other programs and places. Also, if you use TCCL or TCCL for tConfig (which I usually do), the Steam overlay is blocked and you can't use F12.
    PicPick also lets you set a custom hot key for tasks. (Not trying to push it on anyone, it's just another option. I like options.)
  9. Classikly Flying Snake

Can't you make the Steam overlay work for TCCL?
  10. W1K suiko ibuke

The GameLauncher should fix the overlay problem, but I'm not sure if TCCL actually works with it. I think I remember it had some problems making TCCL run or something. At least it does fix tConfig's problems.
  11. Tunnel King Moderator

I dunno, that'd be a question for Eikester (the author).

A side benefit of using TCCL is that apparently you don't need to run Steam to play Terraria. When I had a long power outage recently during Hurricane Sandy, I could still play Terraria on my laptop w/o an internet connection. I think is still somehow checks that you have a legit copy of the game, though.

EDIT: I run TCCL through the game launcher, same behavior.
  12. Classikly Flying Snake

Oh. I thought that since you can have non-steam games like Minecraft have the overlay it would be the same for TCCL. Guess not.
  13. Voyager Crimera

I'll have to get Fraps since I always use TCCL now.