Share your creative building ideas

Discussion in 'Player Creations & Screenshots' started by Vininator, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Vininator

Vininator Green Slime

Hey guys!
    This is just a general thread to share some of your cool bases and/or castles and to swap ideas. Feel free to post pics.

I am currently working on a "secret volcano lair." Not very challenging, but it's taking a ton of stone!
    *screens to come*

2. TheChaosGamer

TheChaosGamer Demon Eye

I've got nothing to post myself, but would love to see some other people's structures, as I'm terrible at building :(

3. Tellier

Tellier Green Slime

Im thinking about a possible future project for me: a 1:1 pixel replica of the first map in the original super mario game for nes! :)

Aistadar likes this.
  4. Vininator

Vininator Green Slime

Never played that one, but that's an epic idea! especially since they added the Mario suit :D You could totally role-play that

5. Tellier

Tellier Green Slime

Yeah well, it'll take like 50 hours to build the whole map myself since it will probably take up the whole surface of a LARGE map a.k.a 4000 pixels (right?) :/

6. Vininator

Vininator Green Slime

I'd offer to help, but my internet connection is balls and like I said, no idea what it looks like.

7. Vininator

Vininator Green Slime

Just a question... how can I take a screenshot of a LARGE section of map? :p

8. Fewd

Fewd Cursed Skull

Try getting WorldViewer

9. Tellier

Tellier Green Slime

WorldViewer will change the colours and texture of the map which doesn't resemble a screenshot. I'd go for Terrafirma (if you have Terraria installed in your steam map).

Mechagofio and Vininator like this.
  10. Vininator

Vininator Green Slime

I do not. Through an unfortunate series of events I was forced to move my Terraria files out of Steam. We are no longer friends, Steam and I...

11. Tellier

Tellier Green Slime

Steam is a b*tch. Well, even if it's a pain in the a** you'll have to take alot of screenshots and then merge them into one big :/

12. Vininator

Vininator Green Slime

Hmm... It'll have to do. Stay posted. Volcano lair inbound! :p

13. Vininator

Vininator Green Slime

Wait... how do you take screenshots :|

14. Freedom's Flame

Freedom's Flame Blazing Wheel

This is my combination lock. Condensed for a screenshot.
    2011-06-17_00001.jpg

15. knifeproz

knifeproz Green Slime

Wait....how is it a lock? you'd just have to move one door wouldn't you? :p

16. Freedom's Flame

You have to move them all. the one with the water isn't the one that goes with the final door. The big wall of sand is the door. So you close the one on the left, then the one in the middle, then the one on the right that has the water. If you don't do them in order then the water goes into the hole that the middle sand was supposed to go in. so you won't hit the torch and knock the sand down which lets you go further on. This is going to be used in my adventure map.

17. knifeproz

knifeproz Green Slime

DANG that's awesome!

18. Freedom's Flame

2011-06-17_00002.jpg
    Two Locks now...

19. Freedom's Flame

2011-06-17_00004.jpg
    And finally... Three Locks!

TohKlidan, Aistadar and Vininator like this.
  20. Freedom's Flame

Does someone want to help me with making an adventure map? I figured that since creative builders are going to be on here I think it would be cool if we all merged or stuff together at some point then have someone else just add on their thing if we like it.