Short Teaser Interview with 505 Games!

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by Kane, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Kane Administrator

Today we were able to ask 505 Games some questions on the upcoming release of Terraria Coming to PS3/360 in early 2013. This is a short teaser interview, and there is more to come over the next couple of months.

As you know, 505 Games is part of our community and takes the time to post here all the time - you don't really see that ever with other game companies on their fan sites!

To the questions:

1. Are there any more hints you can give on where the game is going content-wise?
    There may or may not be a killer whale! And, there’s more news to come on this!

2. So far, what is your favorite new addition?
    To speak frankly, I think the best thing about Terraria on console will be the accessibility that comes with playing a game from the comfort of your couch, on a big TV, and with a controller. We’ve also absolutely loved being able to add new content.

3. Have you found anything in the Suggestions forums you're likely to use?
    We’ve definitely looked at the wealth of suggestions and community ideas for inspiration.

4. Going in the other direction, are there any features or content of the existing game that will not make it into the Console version?
    As is true of any game you bring to another platform, there are trade-offs you have to make. PC & console are fundamentally different experiences with different expectations, and we’ve done our best to play to the strengths of the new platforms.

5. What is your vision for a complete Terraria?
    The vision of Terraria still very much belongs to Redigit, we’re just doing our best to bring his vision to a new audience.

Feel free to reply to this thread, but please remember to keep it clean and appropriate.
    BlueBoy, nababoo, Kelp and 2 others like this.
  2. Ijwu Crimera

In other words, no new information. You may all go back to your homes people, there's nothing to see here.
  3. Gmodlol61 Spore Zombie

Why does it feel like they didn't actually add anything new yet to the consoles and just think something cheesy up like that?
  4. connery0 The Wiremancer

I'm suprised they say somthing like "There may or may not be a killer whale!" after they made a whole contest about the killer whale, if they hadn't done that not that maney people would have noticed if they had to cut it out later for some reason but now you couldn't look past whale even if you wanted to.
    Lulitsian and Snirk Immington like this.
  5. Glaydur Lava Slime

What's up with the safe and vague answers. If they're just gonna answer like that, I believe there's no point to this interview.

Although It's great to see they're actually involved with the community.
  6. Oranje THE Orange Troll

They didn't answer a single question.
  7. Gmodlol61 Spore Zombie

They're not really good at this are they.
  8. Tunnel King Moderator

Nothing like tempering expectations, is there? And I can already play Terraria (and 100+ other Steam games) on my 42" TV with surround sound and wireless mouse+keyboard, should I want to. Screw the controller.

So many of us have been lamenting that the "new content" won't be coming to the PC. Now they are at least floating the possibility that the console release won't have all the "old content" that we already have. So much ado about nothing.

Still, I completely agree that 505 has been very involved in our community and I thank them for that.
  9. Rossmallo Dark Caster

Biggest load of jargon-filled, vauge and useless answers I've ever seen.

How did we get here, guys? Seriously? I'm not even mad anymore, I'm just sad.
    Lulitsian and Cricket like this.
  10. Tunnel King Moderator

Actually, they are quite good at this. They responded to the questions (note that I didn't say answered) and made no promises that can come back to bite them later. They should run for U.S. Congress.

They recognize their audience (us): a sometimes-vindictive group that paws over the smallest scrap of information looking alternately for hope or scorn. That there is nothing here is well-played on their part.
    blumchen, Mr.Person and Omnir like this.
  11. AyeAye12 Fungo Fish

What people don't understand is that there was so much information there that it caused any user reading it to have their brains explode. So, they had to do put with this.
    connery0 likes this.
  12. Xerius Cursed Man

That's um, a lot of information you got there.
    Gmodlol61 likes this.
  13. Ijwu Crimera

Yeah, I'm pretty sure both interviews and teasers are supposed to provide information that is unknown. Not vague filler because we hadn't had a feature on the front page for 5 minutes.

Maybe 505 should hire Blue to handle the teasers? He's done it the best in Terraria's history, in my opinion.

Although the interaction between 505 and the community is stellar, at least.
    nababoo, Mr.Person and Gmodlol61 like this.
  14. Leotamer Bone Serpent

Ok, so your first going to tease us with the possiblity of an update, going to annouce something that very little people said they wanted and some openly hating the idea (I don't really mind that console are getting content, I am mad because know not only has he divided the community who gets content from just "hardcores" now it is hardcores with consules. How much of the original fanbase idenities to that?) and then give us vague and worthless hype-boosters for a port that is probably not going to be all that any better then the original?
  15. celo753 Clinger

Yeah... they totally answered everything...
    Vinyl Luck TTX and Bullseye55 like this.
  16. Omnir Lihzahrd

Considering we're a few months away from release, I'd imagine them to be "playing it safe" because there is always a chance that something, even if currently finished, will have to be revamped/removed due to complications or decisions later on.

I really wouldn't expect much in information for a while -- It's really too risky.
  17. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

It's starting to seem like the Orca is the best thing they've been able to add.
    Vinyl Luck TTX and Lulitsian like this.
  18. AaronC Spriter

I won't complain about how they avoided every question, it's just, if a question couldn't be answered clearly then why was this interview shown to us in the first place?

The only thing we could conclude from this is that 505 likes to interact with the community a fair amount, but we pretty much already had that impression before this interview, so really no progress was made in showing us this. :[

And also to anyone who is going to rage at this interview, at least think on the positive side, it would have been an even worse interview if it was redigit, lol.
    connery0 and Rossmallo like this.
  19. connery0 The Wiremancer

fixed that for you.

At least they told us they went trough the sugestion forum,... the only thing this interview actualy revieled
    Lulitsian likes this.
  20. Leotamer Bone Serpent

Better doesn't equal good, it isn't even really better just instead of being bad at PR (I don't cut him stack for that because he could just keep Blue on the team, if it is was just for announcements, or could of just got another PR person). This seems like their just trying to stir the pot up.