Show off your Orior Gates!

Discussion in 'Player Creations & Screenshots' started by Maplestrip, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Corruptor

Why don't we call it: "Strange Open House With a Door You Can't Walk Through, Made for Using the Magic Mirror to Get to Your Spawn and Back to This Odd House Thing"? Or for short:'SOHWDYCWTMUMMGYSBTOHT' :p

PuLSe likes this.
  2. Zaflis

Zaflis Bone Serpent

3. Misus

Misus Green Slime

If you dont want any fancy timing, then just build you sand drop tower veeery high. You won't have ANY problems with timing.
    But a two way portal is much more usefull. Everything you've build is an second base with an easy removeable spawn set. You just could build an other house, put you bed down and set spawn. If you now want to get back to original spawn, just remove the bed or one block. Sorry, but i don't think it's usefull....

Maplestrip likes this.
  4. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Corruptor

I don't think this would count as an Orior gate, as the entire idea of getting to your spawn and back isn't used here. Also, you can just destroy one tile in the house to make it invalid and then put it back when you want to make it valid again. No sand used :S

5. RainWanderer

RainWanderer Unicorn

Have been a while. Life has been busy for me. But anyway, I made a pretty gate for the fire temple using misus' idea: Orior gate.png
    In the chest are a bucket of lava, some sand, and a number of torches.

Maplestrip likes this.
  6. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Corruptor

Nice, looking good :) I guess you'll have to react fast on this one though :S

7. I have looked at this thread before, and thought that I had no use for Orior Gate. Then a teaser showing a Gel-Powered flamethrower popped up. I made a farm, it was close to my base. Then I made this farm far away, which catches slimes, zombies, and demon eyes. So I made the gate! Nothing special, but it works. It's a Water-Style Orior Gate.
    Orior gate.jpg

Maplestrip likes this.
  8. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Corruptor

It's looking good :) I like the grinder too, but the gate has been made quite nice, even though I like the high-tower kind of thing more, this one is effective :)
    Maybe you want to add some sliver bricks to the slide too, though.

9. Yeah, maybe. I was just trying to figure out how I could set it up, with how my trap was set up. The exit is more than one full screen away, at 1920x1080 resolution, so I had to play around to figure out how to get it to work from inside my base. Thanks for the comment. :)

10. ChibiTrap

ChibiTrap Green Slime

minimalist-autogate.png

Compact, minimalist, automagic. Simply turn the timer on when you leave, and it toggles the active-stone on and off, making and breaking the room every 5 seconds. You may occasionally have to use your mirror twice, but there's no fiddling with doors and sand and the like.

PuLSe, Loveless and Aya like this.
  11. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Corruptor

nice, I have no idea how it works as I haven;t got any further than the trap panels underground thus far, but it will probably work great. I guess the switches will make these kind of things a lot easier.

12. Loveless

Loveless Green Slime

First thing that I thought of when I saw appearing/disappearing blocks in 1.1

Wazer95 likes this.
  13. Wazer95

Wazer95 Demon Eye

By following ChibiTrap's variation of Orior Gates, you can now have many portals going at the same time IF you have enough money for the wire ;)

14. PuLSe

PuLSe Cactus King

Well... that thing is a simplistic little beauty! I needed one of these in The CraTeR. This took about 60 seconds to make and it works like a charm. Every once in a while I have to mirror twice to get to the right place, but no big deal - thanks!

15. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Corruptor

I'm glad you can use gates in your CraTeR :p
    I still don't get how that thing ever got that big 0.o, off topic though :p

16. PuLSe

PuLSe Cactus King

Steady work, my friend, steady work... ;)

This gate comes in handy to move around when I need materials stored at my home.

Edit: Anybody with an avatar like yours must be in touch with their inner monster - any input you could have on The CraTeR would be appreciated.... maybe we need an 800ft. Maplestrip!

Maplestrip likes this.
  17. Nigrescence

Nigrescence Green Slime

So I like the automated timer version, but I wonder if there's a way to get it to be guaranteed on or off, and not random. It would be trivial if we could have different wires; if we had blue and green wires as well as red wires, and they all worked independently of each other, but we don't. If we had different wire paths, it would also allow many more very creative things. Any thoughts? I tried one that worked using a bunny statue to spawn a bunny that tripped a switch, opening the room, and having the bunny keep walking and drop down, trip the switch again closing the room, and then drop the bunny again while it keeps walking, into a little death pit.

Unfortunately, while it worked beautifully nearby, it did not work far away because the bunny was not able to trip the switch to close the room while I had gone back to base, probably because the bunny no longer existed.

18. Wazer95

Wazer95 Demon Eye

you can wire a switch to the tp zone. tht requires ALOT of wire, but works

19. LkMax

LkMax Zombie

Good idea indeed. This also made me think: someone with enough coins could make multiple teleporters connected by wires and switches (but it would require a lot of wire).

PS: Testing multiple portals on my "lab" now. :-p hehe

PuLSe likes this.
  20. PuLSe

PuLSe Cactus King

I'm really interested in hearing the results of your testing - I hope you let us know how it works out.:)