Show Us Your Base of Operations!

Discussion in 'PC' started by jetex1911, May 16, 2011.

1. jetex1911

jetex1911 Green Slime

Exactly what it says on the tin- Show us a picture or a detailed description of your house/base/castle/etc!
    Here's mine: [​IMG]
    The top part is basicly just a place for living. At the left side, there is a small shaft where you fall into, leading to a four-way intersection. The right area goes to the forge 'n furnace, while the right leads to storage 'n hoard, where I will keep my items, along with a special chest for my coins.
    Okay, now That I made my base known, show me and some others what you made! It's okay if you don't want to. People need some things kept secret.

2. Crusty Cracker

Crusty Cracker Green Slime

[​IMG]

As you can see, my whole base will be underground. In the first room I have all my crafting devices like the furnace and the workbench. The room to the left is inhabited by the merchant. Downstairs there is my storage room with 4 chests, in one chests there are all my minerals and materials, all the other ones have cluttered stuff in them.
    To the left you can see a room with a bed, this is my personal room even if it is inhabited by the demolitionist =D
    In the room at the bottom you have a small swimming pool.
    I planted flower pots all over the house to make it look cozy. In the middle you can see my shaft that leads down veeeeery far, but not to hell yet, but it will be.

Affsd, Jessica.T, Ruian and 9 others like this.
  3. jammak

jammak Green Slime

[​IMG]
    My tower :) I just started today, pretty new/dumb to all the ideas. Haven't explored much so almost no copper or iron, just lots of stone and wood so I decided to make a house out of it :) haven't got anyone but the guide in there yet, sadly

4. eskimobear

eskimobear Green Slime

Havn't spent much time on my house tbh, too much exploring :p
    [​IMG]

5. Teanji

Teanji Blazing Wheel

This is my third day, rather big rooms which I'm thinking of making smaller. I haven't mined any stone yet (but I did find some Surface Iron).
    [​IMG]

Slime of Cthulhu likes this.
  6. Jajunk

Jajunk Green Slime

wow some of these look quite nice. Makes me shamed to show mine lol but here it is:

[​IMG]

Weegee, Chocofire, n00bite and 2 others like this.
  7. Vechs

Vechs Green Slime

[​IMG]

I just started out, so this is pretty basic (IMHO).

I love the way a gray brick foundation looks with red brick (made from clay) walls look. Complete with wooden BG walls.

The shaft in the middle goes straight down into the rock layers, repeating that pattern.

You can mine and place torches far into the earth - I recommend that for extending the light into the earth, you can see ores and gems easier that way. :)

That middle room with the red brick steps is going to be my storage room full of chests.

8. Gjrud

Gjrud Green Slime

Here it is my very compact house:

[​IMG]

SirJonesthe3rd likes this.
  9. Smakit

Smakit Green Slime

Ridiculously simple right now. Mainly because I wanted to get to digging and the like, so these are more like placeholders until I get enough materials to make what I want. Serves its purpose, though, and I will likely add a taller, center tower where there isn't anything right now.

The pit is a standard "straight from spawn, heading down!" hole. Not sure how deep it is atm (have to look), but pretttty far. Crazy large maps! =D
    HOUSE.jpg

10. Vechs

Vechs Green Slime

I like how everyone in the pictures is rocking copper armor.

I guess it's because copper tools and weapons blow ass, so the only good thing to use copper for is your first armor set.

I'm personally trying to make a made dash to grab enough gold to get a gold pick (1st priority) and gold broadsword (close 2nd priority).

11. Noone#235

Noone#235 Green Slime

I will post a picture as soon as i get home!

Fade Away likes this.
  12. Tsi

Tsi Green Slime

Here's mine :)
    [​IMG]

Poggle566, Affsd, -EagleEye- and 6 others like this.
  13. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox World Feeder

[​IMG]

This is my start base at least, sorry about the botch job of joining together hehe. The bits on the left go to a sky bridge and a tunnel straight down :) And i'm gonna grow trees on that dirt on the left, I think I need to join it to some grassy dirt first so that the grass can spread to it though :/

14. Esthin

Esthin Green Slime

[​IMG]

It's simple but it works.
    Gun merchant lives above nurse and the merchant lives under the dryad.

No copper armour though, sorry. I played another 2 hours after taking that pic, Now it's shadowscale :(

Fade Away likes this.
  15. EightBlade

EightBlade Green Slime

[​IMG]

How do I into creativity

crimer, Poggle566, Affsd and 3 others like this.
  16. Crisis

Crisis Romantically Apocalyptic

So here's my simple house for now, I'm testing out with Multiplayer at the moment so i haven't really added much to my local save.

[​IMG]

17. Serith

Serith Squirrel

Here's mine for the time being.
    [​IMG]

18. Dunder

Dunder Green Slime

[​IMG]

warm and cozy

19. Chonker

Chonker Green Slime

Woah, you bring up all that lava with buckets?

20. Dunder

Dunder Green Slime

yeah and it was quite tedious, also been playing nonstop since release.
    good thing buckets may get buffed lol

SwordBlaster likes this.