Pre 1.2 Simple Traps for terrarians with mechanics!!! :)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Vampire9, Jan 21, 2012.

?

Did my guide help???

Yes 4 vote(s) 12.1%
I love it :) 1 vote(s) 3.0%
no 15 vote(s) 45.5%
It was horrrrrrrrrrrrrrible :( 13 vote(s) 39.4%
  1. Vampire9 Giant Worm

Dart traps...

Dart traps are one of the most simplest forms of traps, first, I will show u the basic one...
    as.png a.png
    When I step on the pressure plate, the arrows will fire out and will poison me, it will do about 35 damage, note that pressure plates are best for them. Dart Traps can be found in the dungeon, or in deep parts of your world. One of the best traps would be if the darts flew from both sides, so its harder to escape.
    asd.png It is harder to detect dart traps if you disguise it as shown in the picture. My advice is that you should use a timer, so the darts keep coming. One better way to hide the dart trap, is to put it behind a brick, it may be a glitch, but the darts can travel through one block, when put straight up to it. blah.png blahh.png
    It seems to be able to pass through any block

Boulder Traps...
    Boulder traps are pretty easy, I will show you one.
    az.png azz.png The pictures arent connected...
    Ok, so that is the most basic of all boulder traps, let me show you how it works. The pressure plate is connected to azzz.png
    Boulder + Dart Trap combo trap.

asdf.png asdfg.png asdfgh.png As u see, the boulder does a lot of damage, without my armor, it would be about 160-170 damage, and when the boulder fell on the pressure plate, the twin dart shooters did about70 more damge, which will in total, do about 330-350 damage!

If u enjoyed and liked it, plz leave a comment, plz, keep the criticism to a minimum becuase this guide is under cunstruction! Thank You
  2. Breezix Eskimo Zombie

This is not very useful, to be honest, it easier to just use the Wiki, this topic only says stuff that speaks for itself and you're using a lot of unnecessary wiring.
    Maplestrip likes this.
  3. Vampire9 Giant Worm

oh... well... that sucks... :( dont worry new stuffs coming on sorry u dont like it... anyway, would u like to join a clan, cause the clans that I told u to join are available :)
  4. Space Sphere Dark Caster

Too short, obvious stuff, I personally think you should read the Guide to Writing Guides.
    EDIT:Also, try to use decent spelling or don't bother.
  5. Vampire9 Giant Worm

Is my stuff really that bad??? :( But then again, this is for beginners.
  6. Space Sphere Dark Caster

Your signiture is HUGE.
    but yes, this is terrible, it's pretty much: Wire the plate to the dart trap! use a timer!
  7. Vampire9 Giant Worm

haha... I guess ur right, but no need to make me feel sad:( jk
  8. Frostbitethetoad The Groom

Off topic: Vampire, if you dont want an infraction, remove one or two of your banners, your siggy is WAY too big.
    Space Sphere likes this.
  9. Vampire9 Giant Worm

Hey, can I put it in a spoiler, if so, then how?
  10. Chokladkakan Wandering Eye

Much like H3rald (you're still H3rald to me, no matter what you call yourself) I recommend you have a look at this excellent guide by Nuxohiz.

Additionally I wonder if the damage you received from the Dart Trap was dampened by some sort of body armour? I feel it is a tad low.

Write
    Code:
    [SPOILER='Spoiler Title']
    at the top and
    Code:
    [/SPOILER]
    below the content of your signature.
  11. EpicTurdle Voodoo Demon

Terrible, really. The stuff here is beyond obvious and even if you're unreasonably pathetic about wires you wouldn't get it due to 50% of the shown wire being unnecessary.
  12. Blu Moderator

I look forward to seeing this when it's finished, perhaps you posted it a touch too early.

please shrink your signature though, so you don't get an infraction :)
    Vampire9 likes this.
  13. Vampire9 Giant Worm

Yea yea, i got used to the "this is sooooooooooooooooooo bad after the few posts before..................... :(
  14. Vampire9 Giant Worm

thanks. nearly got "fractioned" or is it infractioned?
  15. Valanthril Rikku

Please don't post just for the sake of posting and stay on topic.
  16. EpicTurdle Voodoo Demon

Well, if you even bothered, you could add better information and pictures and solve the whole problem.
  17. Vampire9 Giant Worm

ur right, but kind of tired right now, so just chillin with a bottle of pepsi
  18. Valanthril Rikku

This is not a chat thread vampire. Please keep on topic in your own thread.
  19. Vampire9 Giant Worm

Anything wrong with me answering EpicTurdles question?
  20. mtq1 Wraith

Dart traps shoot darts? Who knew...

Let me guess what happens next. The boulders... fall? Roll? Transform into bunnies on impact?
    Space Sphere likes this.