snow in hell

Discussion in 'Blocks & Decorations' started by Burnscars, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burnscars Fire Bad

I know this is pointless but I had a passing idea.

Water evaporates in hell, so snow should melt into water.
  2. Oranje THE Orange Troll

And then I would evaporates because the snow turned in water.
    Mr.Person and Burnscars like this.
  3. celo753 Clinger

Yeah. Snow in hell should melt into water, that after 10 seconds would evaporate.
    That would be handy.
  4. Classikly Flying Snake

*looks at snow mansion in the Underworld*
    T-that's a horrible idea.
    nababoo, Silverity and Burnscars like this.
  5. celo753 Clinger

Now i want it even more. >:3
  6. Classikly Flying Snake

New suggestion: Cupcakes melt in Hell.
    Snirk Immington likes this.
  7. celo753 Clinger

No way! I'd kill you, and kill you, and kill you.
  8. Space Sphere Dark Caster

Idea-EVERYthing melts, including the player, the lava and hell itself!
    Stackerzgame and fightersharp like this.
  9. celo753 Clinger

Idea - When you create a new world, it instantly melts!
    Tobbvald and fightersharp like this.
  10. Burnscars Fire Bad

I would say for those who want it to snow in hell, I would not include snow bricks in this suggestion. That way you could still build your ice palace in hell and see flakes fall if that's what you really want to see.
  11. Classikly Flying Snake

Who said it was snow bricks?
  12. Burnscars Fire Bad

I was trying to compromise. I am sure Tshock could provide options like "melting snow - true/false" and "evaporating water - true/false" at some point in order to satisfy people who miss the way things used to work.

If I get your snow castle melted I'm sorry :(

I had a project of mine ruined on a server I was playing at. I was building a race track/obstacle course in hell, and someone ruined the area with huge piles of snow. I thought "this snow shouldn't even exist in this heat" and I came here with a vendetta. Sorry if my vendetta causes trouble because that's not what I'm here to do. I would talk to the Tshock devs about this because they might be able to create toggle switches to allow snow in hell, but since snow doesn't melt and patches seem halted, it might never melt.
  13. Classikly Flying Snake

I actually don't have a snow castle in the Underworld, but I think I should build one now. There's an irony in it that I like. As for the suggestion, it's pretty neat. Though I wonder what good will come out of it. Is it for mere realism?
  14. Burnscars Fire Bad

It's not realism so much as something that seems easy to implement. We already have ice blocks that decay over time and we have hellstone that spawns liquid (lava) when it get dissolved, I figured that a timer on snow placed in hell along with a small amount of water spawned when the snow disappears would be easy considering the elements needed to make that happen are already partly present.
  15. Classikly Flying Snake

Yes, it would actually be pretty easy to implement, even through a simple tConfig mod.
    Burnscars likes this.
  16. Razor Knight Icy Merman

Hey guys, you're all forgetting one thing: Static water does not evaporate in hell unless an outside factor causes it to flow. I've had a nice Hellranha pond next to one of my hell bases for months. It just took an ocean to form it.

So why would snow, unless it' snow which actually fell into Hell, melt?
  17. Burnscars Fire Bad

I just figured that it seems extremely out of place in hell, and that a timer similar to the ice-rod ice blocks could be placed on snow-blocks that are placed in hell. Perhaps the biome shouldn't determine if snow melts, perhaps proximity to lava should determine if/when snow melts.
  18. Lord Starchild Cursed Man

If, by that, you mean "I took a huge area of the entire hell-map, and when I came across someone else's building I destroyed it because it was in my way, then got banned", then yes, that's exactly what happened.

Snow melting in hell would be useless. Water evaporates.
  19. Andrew King Green Slime

youd have to get rid of the lava and/or gravity because it would crush everything that far deep, but then the entire thing would collapse anyway which is pointless
  20. Burnscars Fire Bad

Not even close. If you must have something to do, make a post about "useless" things rather than trolling members here.

Yes water evaporates in hell. I just thought it would be interesting even if only as a sort of easter-egg for players to discover. You know, "Oh hey snow melts here that's neat." Many things in games happen that are useless, like the spawning/killing of birds and bunnies, for example. Little events with steam, flowing water and evaporating bricks, or in other words "useless stuff" brings games more to life. It's about graphics, atmosphere and events just as much as it is about reaching power levels beyond 9000.

I just thought I'd make a "cute" suggestion, don't get jealous, and don't fear for your igloo in hell. It's probably going to be perfectly safe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.