PC Something about a possible PC update.

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Redigit, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Mistress Rarity Nightmarity

Improvements on the end game would be a good start! I feel like fighting bosses to obtain the most powerful armor and weapons doesn't make the game enjoyable. After you obtain the items, their usefulness is very limited because you've already killed the most powerful bosses in the game. Other than that, improvements on various things. Remove locked chests from floating isles.

I see no reason to make chests in floating islands locked. By the time you are in the point of the game where you could unlock them, the items they give are not useful to you.

Make the underworld more interesting. No, I don't mean more bosses, I mean.. More variety of things. Less frustrating.

Steam achievements for doing things difficult. Beating the game in Copper Armor? Why not? Fix the buff system. Allow for unlimited number of buffs. The amount of buffs or debuffs. Fix Broken armor and weakness so it doesn't last 5 minutes.
    smg1001, olisr, houska22 and 8 others like this.
  2. Stavius Dreeg Green Slime

Just a few things:

- Alternate dimension, like a new Biome that you can only reach with a spell
    - A ballistic weapon, i.e. rocket launcher or sticky bomb launcher, something that can launch explosives with lateral velocity
    - Perhaps a spell that can destroy large amounts of dirt/blocks at once
    - A better shotgun! Current one is overpriced and under strength
    - Force field spell
    - Once hard mode begins, the dungeon repopulates with better treasure and new, difficult enemies.

I love this game. I always buy it at steam sales and gift it to friends, family, and strangers. Check out how many hours I have into it http://steamcommunity.com/id/stavius
  3. Leolidas Cursed Man

I take everything here from Terraria Wiki:
    Enemy factions that will move into your world, and build their own city.

More events:
    Volcanoes
    Earthquake
    More/improved invasions

NPCs which can give quests to provide more content.

Stalagmites and stalactites in caves.

New harder world types:
    Alien planets
    Alternate dimensions
    Evil worlds

Cthulu as in-game character.
  4. XtremeBoy15 Giant Worm

Wow Redigit sorry to say but have fun writing all this down!
    jun the moon and alibulala like this.
  5. Aelov Zombie

Copy and pasting. Notepad. Saves time.
    TheKrister2 and NeyoPRO like this.
  6. BingoWasHisNamo Eskimo Zombie

alibulala likes this.
  7. gundato Green Slime

While anything would be awesome, I'll vote for something a bit more general:

Steam Workshop support. There are (apparently) a bunch of really awesome Terraria mods already, so if Valve doesn't charge extra for it, helping to ensure there is an easily accessible and user-friendly repository would go a long way to ensure that the game's already long shelf life will stay even longer.
    AnonTheMouse likes this.
  8. XtremeBoy15 Giant Worm

He still will have to read all of them
    wolfboyft likes this.
  9. Irie Giant Worm

I want to see more armor sets, and specifically, more armor sets per tier. i.e., instead of a>b>c>d>e>f>g>h>i, something more along the lines of a,b,c>d,e,f>g,h,i etc etc
  10. Though, on a side note, some love could shown for some easily forgotten weapons such as Vile Thorn, Starfury, and the Aqua Scepter. Each is a very fun weapon to use, however, their usefulness is severely limited.
    alibulala and BingoWasHisNamo like this.
  11. Aelov Zombie

Which takes about 5 minutes if you actually read every post, and to copy and paste, 3 minutes(at least at this point, I see a lot more posts in the horizon).
  12. yoshie Green Slime

I know what could be good it maybe big to do but a another big moss in the underworld like 3 fire Wyvern's spawn when you find 8 parts of an egg that drops from fire imps.

smg1001 likes this.
  13. Platypus1998 Angel Statue

Teleporters/Two Way Portals
    Support for Mac OS X
    A mode similar to Minecraft's Creative mode, where you have infinite everything (even water and lava) and can fly.
    Edwee, Cloid1, WalrusAttack and 2 others like this.
  14. XtremeBoy15 Giant Worm

Then you wouldn't have to WORK for your items; the game would be pointless
    Nard likes this.
  15. Darkercloud Lava Slime

Do you even understand the point of a creative mode?
    Edwee, alibulala and Garneac like this.
  16. BingoWasHisNamo Eskimo Zombie

The same could be said about Minecraft, yet people still play survival. I'm all with Platypus, a creative mode would be awesome for builders, instead of downloading some mod.
    NinjaLink, WalrusAttack and alibulala like this.
  17. Aelov Zombie

Another idea, something like a ricocheting lightning spell, which inflicts a "shocked!" debuff, which would last about 20 seconds, and stopping enemy movement for a second or two every couple seconds and inflicting damage at the same time, but this spell would be pretty powerful and the recipe to make it should be difficult to get.
    Ciarán Carrick and alibulala like this.
  18. XtremeBoy15 Giant Worm

Yes but that isn't really what Terraria is meant for
    Nard likes this.
  19. Harder bosses please. The old ones are too easy. Some secret thing like itens or rare mobs, easter eggs and things like that. :)
    WalrusAttack and startacker like this.
  20. 3vanisepic Angel Statue

Something that makes Terraria great is the creativeness of it. And while the idea i'm pitching has been pitched many times before, i dont just speak for myself when i say Cthulu would make a great hardmode boss. Also maybe some more hardcore armor sets, its not very vast in that department, anyways, whatever happens happens, and even the idea that you might update the game in the future makes me blush. Thank you, 3van
    Ciarán Carrick and alibulala like this.