PC Something about a possible PC update.

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Redigit, Jan 23, 2013.

1. hollowed Cursed Man

(excerpt from conversation with friend)
    11:43 PM - ZombieC: Why don't they make a new boss, sorta like a vampire, has around 3.5k health is a melee type character. runs and jumps, but when his/her health reaches half way, they become a vampire bat and move around like the eye of cthulu without the moving under the ground. when they die they drop a spell and other items. And the spell gives you the ablity to be a bat for 3 minutes or so
    11:44 PM - V45H: what if it drains mana per second instead?
    11:44 PM - V45H: like 2 mana a second
    11:44 PM - V45H: and you use the spell again to un transform

Edit: maybe an item from the dungeon can summon him?
    hellow27 likes this.
  2. hellow27 Eskimo Zombie

ALL I want is some proper mod support. Honestly, I understand not being able to release the source, especially with development possible continuing now, but at the very least even a limited API would be pretty awesome!
  3. Scizor300 Eskimo Zombie

With how Red handled the last two updates for the game, I'd be fairly offended if I had to pay for a fixed version. The game was never even finished, why should someone pay more just to have some more content slapped on to "finish" the game.
  4. PowerCosmic Werewolf

I'm sure NOT offending Scizor300 is at the very top of Red's priorities. ;)
    Paran¤âid likes this.
  5. Loki ISP Moderator

Can we avoid using the term "retarded" to refer to others and their ideas?

It does nothing to promote discourse.

If you disagree, calmly and maturely state why....
  6. tyrantsc Green Slime

The one thing I would be interested in and I know it was in a proposed list of future content previously is an enemy town on the map.

Have another character move onto the map with you and build up a town. You can make it the goblins but that they move onto the map and start building a town/fortress. Then they will attack you and you need to defend or go raid there fortress. It could be the way you find the bound prisoners because it never really made sense that they were just bound up anywhere. You would need to raid the town to capture some of your own NPC's.

It would add gameplay choices like do you go and deal with the enemy town early or wait till you have better stuff but risk them having better fortifications. I know it would be alot of work and im not sure if anyone else has suggested it. Just my 10c
    Delta 7x likes this.
  7. PuLSe Cactus King

Pulleys, ropes and motors to run them.
    connery0 and Darkercloud like this.
  8. CaptainMadoc Mouse

In case people forgot to suggest this:

Please have all characters be able to climb up diagonally and automatically with 1-block-high surface bumps. Many MANY games, such as Epic Inventor, Starbound, Signs of Life, and even Cube World are already implementing this or have implemented this in the past. I cannot, for the life of me, imagine how this useful basic feature would be too insignificant for consideration. I failed to see any other reason to not put this in the game code other than to stop players from dashing at even longer distances, which is already artificially achievable through digging.
  9. Wizard1994 Herpling

I was just thinking of something, maybe it's a stupid idea but...

Enchantments

* laughs at the idea *....but seriously, I thought of a cool way to add them in.

What if an update added a jewelcrafter NPC and he acted like the goblin NPC with reforging, only it would be called "enchanting".
    Enchanting would be only for armor, as reforging does not work with armor.
    To enchant an armor piece, you use gems like emeralds and diamonds and rubies...and the enchantments are weaker/stronger versions of what potions can do, only permenant.
    And it's a gamble to enchant, with only a small percentage to make a successful enchantment.
    of course the more matching gems you add the more likely you'll make the enchantment, like 1 gem = + 10% success chance.
    and if you go past 10 gems it resets to a more powerful version of that enchantment, like 6 sapphires = 60% success chance for lvl 1 featherfall. 14 sapphires = 40% success chance for lvl 2 featherfall.
    the maximum level would be 3, or maybe max lvl 5 which has stronger effects than the potion.
    ( this will make you think of what enchantment would be best for you when they are stronger. )
    Also you could have it so you get a " enchantment bonus " when all your armor has the same lvl and same enchantment.
    To unlock her ( yes her, to make the balance in genders more even ) you must find some diamonds, because those are a
    "lady's best friend" or something like that.
    before hardmode you can make only certain enchantments because of the 6 gems available, but AFTER hardmode you can make more by making combinations with 2 gems in your enchantments.
    The number of gems needs to be the same or else you would either mess up or just waste them.
    Also maybe all hardmode armors hold 1 more enchantment then non-hardmode armors. Maybe hallowed armor gets 2 but also gets a higher success rate, making gems 15% instead of 10% (( or harder by making them only have 5% chance increase per gem ))

This would make gems a whole lot more valueable, it adds more content and a lot more gameplay by having the player dig like mad to find the gems.

This is an update I would dream of happening, It's just my thoughts but hey sometimes dreams do come true XD .
    Xemgoa likes this.
  10. deend Lava Slime

More blocks, more blocks everywhere, half blocks, quarter blocks... more crap to build with!
    connery0 and Darkercloud like this.
  11. LOVE DOCTOR Bunny

do it i havent played terraria since november 26 2012 you stopped the project on my birthday in febuary while upset i contiuned to play till november then i quit but you know despite all my best efforts i havent found anything nearly as fun as terraria and you know what else out of all my games terraria is my highest hours spent top most played game there is no substitue for terraria

tiy and the guys at starbound look like they may be onto something fun but i dont think it will be in gamers hands for a while

terraria was more than a game it was a teambuilder it helped me make friends in college and the work place it taught us to trust each other it made us over all better collegues and coworkers towards each other and best of all it was priced affordably.our office has its own server community i havent seen anyother game that can do what terraria did in any price range it was damn well perfect sir
    ibowser123 likes this.
  12. rubeszilla Wandering Eye

I think there are already enough great suggestions in this thread and I'd be happy for any of them.

I haven't logged in here, nor played Terraria in a long time. I just had to log in to say: this is great news and I hope the content inspires me to play again!
    Thainna likes this.
  13. PoroCYon Crimera

Maybe take a look at how tConfig is coded. (aurora version or later). Empio overhauled the code, and the game runs much faster now. Maybe work together with the tConfig team, they are doing a great job!
    other then that,
    • Let Hellstone blink if the player has the spelunker buff
    • more hold/useStyles
    • I don't have many ideas... or someone already posted it...
  14. Dunamis1002 Green Slime

You know, this may just be one of the smarter ideas I've heard for an addition to this game. I 100% back up this idea!
  15. raven112 Green Slime

My idea won't be read, I bet you. It's back like 10-11 pages, and it was only posted a few hours ago.

Even though this'll disappear into the flames too, here it is incase you wanna know:

First one

More detailed message:

I'd love to see some new vanity items - something that I really like is socks that go high up on your leg, like below your knee a bit, I'd love to see that as a new vanity item, default colors red and white, and you could change the colors of the socks somehow! (striped red and white by the way)

Aside from that, some sleepwear/ panties/ something like that would be nice too, you could even put in a new kind of crafting block just for vanity items/clothes!

Next on the list I'd really love to see some new armor, maybe like a futuristic robo supersoldier guy, even some heavily armored defense juggernaut armor. Especially something like a riot shield kinda mechanic/item, it could work as more defense, and have your player holding it out with both his hands in a new armor slot for other special stuff (like the riot shield for example), some riot/crowd control armor and maybe a new shotgun would be nice, too. You could add some knight armor, but I'll leave that setting to YOU, Redigit.

Next: More bosses. I need moar.

Next, I'd love to see something MLP-related if possible (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) Like, a mana weapon like "the element of kindness" or something, like a reference kinda, maybe some clothing about it too.

do me a big favor and add at least one of these, please

One word: sniper rifle

Second one

I'd also like to add some wing recommendations
    and a gun recommendation

-Steampunk Wings (as the name implies, it's that old kinda mechanical wings type'o'deal)

-Holy Water/w Food coloring (combine a holy water with a food coloring color of your choice, then craft them together with a dyable color (e.g. white), and get that color of wings) I'm adding on to Xemgoa's idea by thinking of how it'd work

-Valkyrie's Wings (Here's a double package for ya: The Valkyrie is a mini boss like the Wyvern and lives up by where the Wyvern lives, and resides in a gold temple, or just randomly appears flying - you must right click and have at least a gold sword to start the fight against it and it usually drops her wings which are 50% faster than angel wings)

-Valkyrie (Mini-boss mob, resides in a gold temple up by the Wyverns or has a chance to randomly appear flying, usually always drops Valkyrie's Wings, listed above, has a bit more HP but she also drops the "Sky Ore" and there can be Sky ore found in randomly generated chests in the gold temples. This sky ore will be used to make the Sky Armor.)

-Sky Armor (34% less stronger than hollowed but is very mobile and the boots make you go very fast, combined with the Valkyrie wings especially, and comes with a shieldpiece that's optional to craft with the armor, made from sky ore found in valkyrie temples and valkyries may drop it upon death.)

-Sniper Rifle/Laser Sniper Rifle (As the name implies, you can hold the mouseclick button for a bigger/more damage/heavier shot, adding a "laser shot mechanic" to the default sniper rifle puts a long red laser for extra better targeting, with some new presets possibly for it. Crafted by combining an "Aim Assist Function" and 4 iron and 2 silver.)

There's a bunchload for ya, please take this into consideration.
    lord_vinvis likes this.
  16. TestECull Green Slime

I don't care who put it there. That's what I want. Give PC players the content currently only found on consoles.
    PoroCYon likes this.
  17. Pets .. A Lot Of Pets ..
    And Vanity Items ..
  18. tranduchieu235 Green Slime

I want controller support for splitscreen
  19. Magejack Green Slime

I don't know if you are moderating or paying this post any more attention but I was thinking what if there was a generation option that could seriously change the mood or atmosphere of the game.

What if there was an above ground biome with a copper colored sky with ruined skyscrapers made of a greyish metal, with shadowy creatures roaming the dark...

What if there was a biome under ground that was like a flipped upside down over world with an over exaggerated golden glow coming from under the player with large floating mountains as platforms.

perhaps something of a more survival based game mode where You are not just baring your door to an invasion but something to motivate the player to leave the sanctuary of home like food or fuel in order to progress, I don't mean you to be constantly on the run but more like if you are not the invincible god that you become after getting a shelter and your first iron sword or gun.

I am sorry if I am rambling on right about now But i am a simple lurker that wanted to get his thoughts across to the devs.
  20. The Cow King Squirrel

I would love to see some bug fixes to be honest. Minor gameplay additions such as new vanity items and Adamantite bricks would also be nice.

I don't really think there is a need for more bosses or biomes. Besides, it sounds like it would be quite hard to implement in a timely fashion.