PC Something about one of these new biomes from Jim

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Jimmarn, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Jimmarn Spriter

Thought I'd take my time to introduce myself properly.
    Hi everybody, I'm Jimmarn(Jim), and I'm an artist. At least that's what I like to think.
    As of now I'm a Main spriter and designer on Terraria. Which is great. It is really fun working as a pixel artist, and coming up with these new ideas.
    Some of you might wonder what Terraria related work I'm doing, and to be honest I do something in every category containing graphics/design. Everything from Tilesets, weapons, items, props, npc's to player graphics.

I am currently a student in Oslo - Norway, studying 3D Graphics, basically modeling, texturing, rendering and animation. So with working on the game, and doing my school assignments to maintain good grades, has proven to be a challenge. But with only one year left with school, I think I'll manage, before I can focus completely on game development.

For those of you who are interested can see my DeviantArt account here: jimmarn.deviantart.com/
    and visit my Twitter here: http://twitter.com/Jimmarn
    I haven't been very good at updating my DeviantArt account earlier, but I'll try to be better at that from now on.

I can promise you, one more time, that this update really is going to be big.
    And of course I won't be introducing myself without showing any of my work in a matter of a spoiler:
    PS: Note that the Ice Chest, campfire and the Ice wings are Aarons sprites :)
    TheSurface2.png
    Underground3.png
    VikingSkeleton.gif
  2. herotv Piranha

Looks Awesome! I am so glad you guys are making the desert and snow areas full biomes!
    augustus00, lighty98, Tomi123 and 9 others like this.
  3. daleksax Fungi Bulb

All I can say is:
    [IMG]
    thebonkers, Drarkyel, Azure and 7 others like this.
  4. Dracyoshi Slimed Zombie

Heck yeah, new underground biomes and a good looking snow biome.
  5. Rudoboy Corrupt Bunny

All I can say is

good cat.jpg
  6. Rekansen Cursed Skull

Ah man, this is so much good.

First off, I'm a huge sucker for a good winter biome, and those cave/overworld tilesets are just so nice to look at. I know the first thing I'll be doing is building with these new snow bricks.
    SynthAura likes this.
  7. AeronautRyan The Groom

So pretty! Makes me extra excited for the update! :D

Check out this fortune I got earlier today:
    [IMG]
  8. altermaven Dark Caster

ICE. Definitely a plus!
    Dark Fire Wolf likes this.
  9. conorbebe Cursed Man

Omg, that ice cave is wondrous! Good job man!
  10. daleksax Fungi Bulb

I want to roast me some marshmallows! Glad that the snow biome is being completely fleshed out now, if only we could see more from the jungle and ocean..
  11. Bullseye55 Moth

Really looks good. So looking forward to this update. :)
  12. TotalTonix Cursed Man

Looks bootiful. :D
  13. Pikafuu Cursed Man

Hey Jim! I'm also from Oslo - also a graphic designer! Awesome knowing that it's a fellow Norwegian working on this beautiful game! Where do you study? <:
  14. TheUnrealMegashark Flying Fish

Oh my god I just fanboygasmed a bit. :)
  15. Suika Ibuki The One and Oni

Jimmarn? Have... Have I seen you from somewhere?
  16. spearr Mouse

Awesome! Will there be variants for the snow trees? Like the pine trees in the background.
  17. Jimmarn Spriter

Nice, yeah I'm studying in NITH at Grønland
  18. Ampex Eskimo Zombie

19. Kros Green Slime

Props to the update! ;)
  20. Jimmarn Spriter

Might have, don't think it's many people using this nickname