Something I discovered

Discussion in 'PC' started by lord_vinvis, Nov 30, 2012.

1. lord_vinvis Doctor Bones

Just something I came across while exploring some long lost caverns...
    A painful reminder to when I started this world.
    death.jpg
    What is your most common death cause?(This might be asked in other threads, but I searched and didn't find anything)
    I often throw grenades at slimes and kill myself in the process. Or I die by fall damage..
    Tell me!
  2. celo753 Voodoo Demon

Most common death cause? Monsters.

Most common humiliating death cause? Fall damage.
    lord_vinvis likes this.
  3. W1K suiko ibuke

Stoopid monsters out of nowhere pushing you down huge cliffs while you try to get on with your hook but fail and the hook doesn't come back in time. This is pretty much 50% of my deaths.
  4. Tunnel King Moderator

A few weeks back, I was amused when I stepped on an explosive trap and the message said I was killed by my own trap. Like I put that thing there.

Most often? Swarming hornets in the underground jungle. I forget that their stingers are poisoned and forget to watch my health.

Most humiliating? King Slime gets me 50% of the time. I'm never ready for him, and I know how to kill him, I just fail to execute.
  5. lord_vinvis Doctor Bones

Underground corruption can be pretty deadly with 6 clingers firing at you :p. I'm mage, and attacking them with a rainbow rod is NOT a good idea!
  6. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

I don't die, I make those who play my adventure maps die.
    Tunnel King and lord_vinvis like this.
  7. Loki ISP Moderator

Fall damage early on. After wings or horseshoes, I don't normally die.
    lord_vinvis likes this.
  8. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Watch out guise, we gotta bad ass over here.
    Gmodlol61 likes this.
  9. W1K suiko ibuke

Gawd damnet, Loki.

CUT HIS HEAD OFF BEFORE HE REPRODUCES
    Gmodlol61 and lord_vinvis like this.
  10. Voyager Crimera

Lava, just lava
  11. ClockweRk Tim

Forgetting to cut a wire before starting to make a dangerous boulder trap.
    lord_vinvis likes this.
  12. Loki ISP Moderator

I already have two sons...too late. ;)

Not trying to be a badass, just answering the question. I was raised on platformers in the 8 bit era....and Terraria is in that vein but without the shitty control schemes and it just isn't that hard regardless vs those games.

But falling....yeah....especially when I've had a few.
    KLouD KoNNeCteD and Bullseye55 like this.
  13. rasputin Blazing Wheel

Indiana jones style boulders.
    Don't ask how, but I once got the Archaeologists set and a boulder crushed me in a jungle temple...
  14. lord_vinvis Doctor Bones

those slimes tempting me to throw grenades at them :/ when in MP, my friends always ask me to hand them my grenades just in case.
  15. As I said in the last three "what's your most common cause of death?" threads...

You mean you're supposed to die in Terraria? :cool: //Ego+99.
  16. Loki ISP Moderator

To hit on the first post in a new way, I collect my tombstones when I do die to make a graveyard.

What do others do? Leave them as they spawn or take them elsewhere?
    lord_vinvis likes this.
  17. I don't usually collect them. Have enough crap sitting in my vault's chests as is.

When I do die, I'm usually more interested in going back to wherever I died just so I can exact righteous revenge on whatever creature ended my previous life. If what ended my previous life was something non-creature-y, like a lava lake, my weapon of choice is always dynamite. Lots of it.
    lord_vinvis likes this.
  18. Gmodlol61 Lihzahrd

So there was this one time I accidentally threw my horseshoe in a giant pool of lava and ever since then if there was a mod that would actually create a crater I'd make enough of them to dig down to the underworld
  19. Loki ISP Moderator

I don't keep them in chests. I literally make a graveyard.
  20. lord_vinvis Doctor Bones

I am planning on making a graveyard with cheesy commentary ^^