[SPRITES] Florence's Favorite Things

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Flor3nce2456, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SillyPotato Hornet

Wow are you depressed -looks at debuffs- do you hate your characters or something? Suicides.
    Those debuffs are awesome. We need more pessimism in terraria (I am not sarcastic, this is seriously my twisted outlook on life etc etc)
    Add random sicknesses, insanity, more distant death debuffs, depression, suicidalisn, sadism etc. nd blood rain. Definetly blood rain.
  2. Flor3nce2456 Dark Caster

Hmmm... I'll see what I can come up with ;)
  3. SillyPotato Hornet

Yay! Blood rain!
  4. Flor3nce2456 Dark Caster

Added two New items into Item Items. These are suggestions I made during the BOLD PREDICTION meme that purveyed the IRC/PlugDJ Spoiler Thread. I just kind of tossed these two out as tools to help ease players into Hard-Mode.
  5. DEATHKNIGHT5000 Green Slime

Not fucking bad keep going. Go on Red's wall and go support me on my oil suggestion there you will find all the details
  6. Claustric Cursed Man

I like the concept of some of the debuffs. Sadness is neat (and I approve of them being caused by clowns, unless we can have clowns cause Fear because that's also pretty accurate), and loneliness amuses the hell out of me.

Heaviness is an alright concept, and would normally be a debuff based on fullness of inventory. Once a certain threshold is exceeded (including stack amounts), your movement speed and jump height are slightly reduced. But overall, that'd just get annoying, so I approve of your idea instead. I'd say it should be something caused by specific mobs really, but the idea that while you move slower and jump lower, you take less knockback in turn, is really neat. Made useless by the Cobalt Shield, but still.

Vampire should be reduced in time. 18 minutes is absolutely overkill, no buff lasts longer than 5 minutes in the game. Even Broken Armor, quite possibly one of the worst debuffs to get in my opinion, only lasts for 5 minutes (besides Cursed, but that only lasts for 4 seconds, thank god).

Not really into Drug Interaction though. Mana Regen plus using a Mana Potion will elicit the debuff? Guess that means my Mage build of equipping Mana Regen. Band and Mana Flower will cause me to take even more damage when I'm trying to fight a boss. That should be fun. /sarcasm Also, the fact it's a hard-set time for the debuff is a little weird. Potentially you could get the 1 minute debuff from potion sickness (or less with certain accessories) while you have a regen potion, and now you're also stuck with a 2 minute bleed effect persisting after potion sickness expires. Imho, at best, it should only last as long as the pairing is intact. If one of the pair expires, so should Drug Interaction, since there wouldn't be any interaction existing anymore.
    Flor3nce2456 likes this.
  7. Merchantcat Cursed Skull

With the Bunsen Burner, I think if you right click it, it should turn to a red flame, or the Safety Flame.
  8. Flor3nce2456 Dark Caster

Thank you for your feedback! I do try to put a lot of thought into my suggestions. As the Heaviness debuff points out in my mini comments, I'm not exactly the best spriter so I can't really just make up something to deal half these things out.

I chose 18 minutes for Vampire primarily because I felt that for something that eventually expires, can be cured by the nurse, and is, in mythology, something that usually lasts an eternity until you get a wooden stake put in you, 18 minutes seemed appropriate. Pumpkin Pie grants "Well Fed" for 15 minutes and so 18 didn't feel like much of a stretch.
    Another aspect of Vampire is the temporary change in game mechanics. I wanted the player to change how they think and how they deal with their newfound sun allergy. Stay underground? Build walled and roofed tunnels everywhere? They're a vampire now and they have to figure this out. :p

Drug interaction was tricky. I will change it so that it is "Indefinite until one of the pairs expires or 5 seconds, whichever is longer".
    The OTHER part of Drug Interaction was because I, in a way, feel like piling on buff after buff and guzzling all these potions illicits the mental image of a crazy druggie eating everything they find in the medicine cabinet. Inevitibly, something there is going to disagree with something else.
    Drug interaction will NOT trigger if you drink a mana potion with the Band of Regen, as the Band of Regen is an accessory and not a buff/debuff.
    I will consider taking off some of the interactions however. :)

EDIT: Changes Taken into Account and Made! Thank you for your feedback!

Hmm... THAT might be an interesting mechanic! I will consider it! :D
  9. Krystallios Hornet

Did you take that Jade-Bunny thing from my thread?
  10. Flor3nce2456 Dark Caster

I have never seen your thread. I have never seen you* until now.

As my thread states, it was taken from MY OWN posts on the "IRC/PlugDJ 1.2 Spoilers Thread", now renamed "Future Updates" or whatever.

I simply wanted to document them.

*Or at least do not remember so.
  11. wurmy Eskimo Zombie

Make the toy gun's lasers hitscan and give it insanely fast attack speed, 10/10 would use.
  12. Flor3nce2456 Dark Caster

I'm actually not sure what Hitscan is, but okay! It's already pretty fast, only slightly slower than the Megashark(7), and slightly faster than the Laser Rifle(11) :)

EDIT: DERP, was thinking of Velocity. The Velocity is 10. Shoot speed is 15. DERP. Shoot speed increased down to 10.
  13. wurmy Eskimo Zombie

Hitscan basically means the laser travels instantly, Like the shadowbeam staff or heat ray.
  14. Flor3nce2456 Dark Caster

Oooohhh... Okay...

Sure, why not? OP Changed.
  15. just letting you know of someone else didn't already, but mechanic is now found in the pre-hardmode dungeon.
    although i don't know if it was like that before a recent update.
  16. Flor3nce2456 Dark Caster

I have an absolutely HUGE suggestion coming. Some of you who think the game is too easy will LOVE it. Some of you who think everything is OP will HATE it.
    I will tell you only a few things and that it is:
    A) Meant to be the absolute LAST thing you do in the game.
    B) Involves a mob you have been killing relentlessly since the very beginning. :)

Discuss away!
    Xman101 likes this.
  17. that would be either slimes or bunnies...
  18. Krystallios Hornet

SLIMES ARE SECRETLY THE LUNAR BOSS
    ibowser123 likes this.
  19. Flor3nce2456 Dark Caster

I FINISHED ALL OF THE SPRITES!!!1! FINALLY!!
    Anyways, Now I just have to Write all of the stats and whatnot.

In the meantime:

New Wire Cutter.png
    Wire Cutter
    Tooltip: Removes Wire and Actuators

Re-sprite and a new tool tip because new wrenches and actuators.
    Also, I couldn't figure out how to remove actuators until I read the wiki...

EDIT: Does anyone know how to make it so the text inside a spoiler ISN'T italicized? Its annoying.

And if its impossible, its a suggestion. Make it so spoiler text isn't forcibly Italicized.

I FINISHED IT! You can find it here: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threa...ching-from-the-east-west.123437/#post-2522249

I put it in a separate thread because its absolutely huge and doesn't fit with the rest of the suggestions here. I might put some other stuff up too.

:D
  20. DermWorm981 Lava Slime

off-topic content removed by request
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.