Steam Terraria On Mac?

Discussion in 'PC' started by ARCHIE414, Dec 12, 2012.

1. ARCHIE414

ARCHIE414 Green Slime

Hey guys,

Im new here but a big fan of terraria

I usually play on my pc desktop where I own the game on steam but recently was given a Mac laptop

Is there any way to run the game on here?

I know it does not work directly through steam but is there a wrapper or something that is supported or okay with the developers?

Thanks,
    Archie

Any ideas?

2. TheStereo84

TheStereo84 Herpling

Nothing that you're actually allowed to use. Gaming just wasn't really meant for Mac.

3. ARCHIE414

ARCHIE414 Green Slime

Not going to argue with you there, but there has to be some way? The are certainly a lot of people who only have macs that would buy the game.

I guess I will just dual boot this but I have to wait for the usb cd drive to arrive :/

4. Mythril Guy

Mythril Guy Voodoo Demon

5. Jeckel

Jeckel Little Red Fire Ant Staff Member

Really? An adfly link to another thread on this forum? That seems a bit unnecessary.

To those that don't want to wait that stupid 5 seconds, here is the direct link: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/terraria-mac-wrapper.15236/

6. Mythril Guy

Mythril Guy Voodoo Demon

It's a link that works, it only lasts, how long? 5 seconds. Not really that long if you ask me. And it still gets you to the thread.

7. Jeckel

Right, and the link I gave also works. Mine also has the benefit of showing where the link leads, doesn't force people to wait any amount of time, and doesn't pay some random person for TO's pages getting surfed when the only thing that should be getting payed is TO.

You want to make money off people clicking on links, fine, but do it for stuff you have actually made and not when directing a member from one TO thread to another.

Classikly likes this.
  8. Classikly

Classikly Frankenstein

Gotta agree there, I laughed when I saw the link.

9. Mythril Guy

Mythril Guy Voodoo Demon

Yes Ma'am, I won't do that again. Thanks for being my mother. And I appreciate you telling me this, even though I already knew that...

10. Jeckel

Thank you.

You're welcome.

My pleasure.

11. Classikly

Classikly Frankenstein

Oh Jeckel. I always find you like this.