Pre 1.2 Stopping the Darkness (Long Adventure Map)

Discussion in 'Released Maps' started by Stackerzgame, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Stopping The Darkness
    Updated 9/16/12 - Fixed boss battles
    After about 6 months of on and off working Stopping the Darkness is finally done!

Team: Stackerzgame - Made the map
    Kainark - Helped with a lot of the building designs and some dialogue
    connery0 - Tested the map and helped work out a lot of bugs

About:
    - Single player
    - Huge map
    - Puzzles, Quests, Side Quests, developed characters, developed story, complex wiring, parkour.
    - You play as a boy who is destined to save Terraria from the darkness. There is three whole islands full of quests and other things to explore. Take your time while saving the world, do some side quests, play some minigames. Along with three islands, there is three dungeons each with a custom boss (Not modded) to beat. It will all end with one epic boss fight. This map is full of parkour, innovative puzzles, and wiring.

All the complex wiring means there is bound to be bugs, so please tell me about them so I can fix them.

Please download, play, and leave feedback.

Pics! (open)
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    TehDarkNoob likes this.
  2. MikuoHatsune Eskimo Zombie

looks pretty good, I'll give it a go. =)
  3. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Thanks, tell me when you do.
  4. Classikly Flying Snake

Geez, took you long enough.
  5. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

I took many breaks. But enough about that, just play it.
  6. MikuoHatsune Eskimo Zombie

Well, I got all the way to the Mythril island and ended up geting stuck in the dungon area. ( I may have skipped a dungon that I couldn't find on the cobalt island. ) Basically After going to the labs, the pathway I came from got completely blown up so I can't go back to the cobalt place, and now I'm stuck at that area.
  7. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

It's fine, you're meant to do the mythril dungeon first.
  8. Tomi123 Yellow Slime

The map have any rules?
  9. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

They are on the map when you start, yes.
  10. Classikly Flying Snake

Alright, I'm going to give it a go now.
  11. KainArk Dark Caster

No credit for me? You heartless bastard.
  12. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

You kiddin?
  13. KainArk Dark Caster

You sure you didn't edit that? Cause when I looked, like, a couple of what feels like years but most likely was a couple of hours ago that team thingie wasn't there. But hell, I was tired then and still am, so I'll just assume it was?
  14. Classikly Flying Snake

When I first saw this thread I saw the credits there. I think.
  15. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

They were always there. Plus I give you credit on the map. I don't even think I've edited the post once.
  16. KainArk Dark Caster

Ah. Now I look like a fool :p. My mistake.
  17. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Hehe, no harm done.
  18. Axryn Squirrel

Having a bit of trouble. I'm in the Earth place and I got into the pit area with the skeletons (which I assumed I had to kill using the Vilethorn...so I did), and my jump is too short to get back up. Using the lever I see that there is a switch in a hidden area but how do I get there and how the hell do I get out of this pit?
  19. Classikly Flying Snake

The map reeks of your personality, as always.
  20. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

If you kill all the skeletons the path should open up, but sometimes it bugs and you have to do it again. If you killed them all, try again. If it still doesn't work, just cheat and tell me. I'll see if I can fix it.
    You mean the signs? Give me an example
    Wiseace likes this.