Suggestion: PvP Health Stuff

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by SamothUpaw, Oct 27, 2012.

?

What do you think?

pls meak this kdolan? 9 vote(s) 60.0%
meh 3 vote(s) 20.0%
usux haxxing noobz0rz 3 vote(s) 20.0%
  1. SamothUpaw Crimera

Something that really bothers me in Terraria, is that it's really hard to tell how much HP a player has. Of course I could just point my cursor at a player, but this can be very hard, due to all those crazy jumps you can do in Terraria.

So, it would be useful if players would have health bars. Or if players would blink red if they have less than 25% HP.

Something like this:
    [IMG]

This mod shouldn't be TConfig, because I want to be able to use it in every server I play on. (Don't know if that's possible)

EDIT: If the mod would ever be made with the health bars, then the health bars should get more transparent or even invisible if a certain player goes into a dark spot.
  2. FireballJoe Eskimo Zombie

What your asking is unpossible.
  3. W1K The actually real Suika Ibuki

It is possible. Possible in this case means one of the hugest pain in the asses so far, even if done with tConfig. Pain, but possible.
    NeonJ, Henkedew and SamothUpaw like this.
  4. Silverity Snow Flinx

lol. i dont think any1 wants to make it, but awesome idea! :D
  5. Spiderman Green Slime

Wow that's a genius idea!
  6. SamothUpaw Crimera

Little edit on my first post.

I really hope we can find someone to make it. :O

And what makes you think that?
  7. MiraiMai Fire Imp

Why do you say that? As far as I can tell, it should be easy, just draw the bar based on how much life the player has. There's plenty of drawing commands in tConfig now.
  8. SamothUpaw Crimera

But, I don't want it to be a tConfig mod.
  9. HuntForWaffles Green Slime

1. Unpossible
    Even more impossible than impossible. Quite possibly the most impossiblest thing in the world

-
    Anyway, I think it's a good idea...
  10. AaronC Spriter

lol isnt it a bit late to be asking for something like that, or did an idea just pop in your head or something :p

and as far as i know mods can only be done by Tconfig and nothing else, but im no expert on modding so its just what i assume
  11. SamothUpaw Crimera

modding can be done without tconfig.
  12. HuntForWaffles Green Slime

Care to give us an example of that?
  13. AaronC Spriter

maybe so, but that just means it will be more harder to find someone willing to do that :p
  14. Sgt. Bob Hell Bat

Doesn't Yoraiz0r mod without TConfig?
  15. SamothUpaw Crimera

16. Jimi Eskimo Zombie

Cmod by Player2k? That shit was massive before Tconfig, it was like an expansion! Also Skilled by Yorai among others.
    NeonJ likes this.
  17. W1K The actually real Suika Ibuki

There are a shitload of modifications. tShock? Why not. Cmod is another great example. Yorai also did that for some time, then he joined the tConfig community and he's the living example of how much tConfig can handle modding 5 times better, he stated it himself and he was pretty skeptical at first when he went from source-based to tConfig. Fun fact he's now one of the best modders around and also an active developer of tConfig itself.

BECAUSE I'M LAZY HURR
    Also, I'm pretty behind with tConfig's updates, so yeah, don't know much about drawing methods (even if I have a mod that uses a custom UI but who cares for the lulz).
  18. Henkedew Slimed Zombie

Yeah, this should be enabled with an accessorie or a prefix of some sort. Would also be useful in moments where your to busy aiming than having the crosshair over the enemy
  19. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

I started modding on tConfig since like , february , that is , 9 months ago almost.

Anyways coding this on both tConfig and non-tConfig environments isn't hard at all , you just pick a point in drawinterface and like , draw a black rectangle over the all the active , non-dead player heads , calculate health percents from max health and then draw a smaller colored rectangle on the black rectangle.
    with a spritebatch the entire coding process doesn't take more then 4 to 6 lines of code.
  20. NeonJ Dark Caster

Or, some alternatives...
    • Have a player constantly emit blood particles when below 50% HP.
    • Have a player flash red (Kirby-style) when below 30% HP.
    • Have a HP bar only appear above the player when below 30% HP. (Kirby Super Star-style)
    • Have the player emit a constant annoying beeping when below 20% HP, heard by anyone up to 2 screens away.