Super Mario Texture Pack! v1.0.6

Discussion in 'Released Texture Packs' started by Rawkus, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Rawkus Green Slime

This is my first time making a texture pack ever, and my first time using a Photoshop like software, hope you enjoy =)!

Link to texture Pack: http://www.mediafire.com/?4zvi8ym4x3zzzvd

Installation:
    1. Download and install Terraria Texture Pack here!
    2. Download this texture pack from the link.
    3. Extract that file anywhere using WinRar
    4. Place the "Images2" folder into your Terraria's content folder. Normally (c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\terraria\content)
    5. Do not rename any folders or files!
    6. Launch Terraria via the Terraria Texture pack exe.
    Description: I replaced Nights Edge with a Mario Hammer, Fallen Star with Mario Star power up, and replaced Flower of Fire. I replaced all of the NPC's that live in your house, as well as the dungeon guy. And all of the bosses. I changed most of the creatures such as all of the slime types, rabbits, goblins, harpies, jellyfish, eye, zombies, the eaters, as well as the fire imp, and others. I replaced all three types of the mushrooms and the mushroom tree. I also changed the clouds at the start up and in game, along with the the backgrounds of both as well. I may be forgetting others but got most of them =).

Screenshots: tried to get the image to show in here all i could see was a box sorry instead here are the links to the pictures...
    Dungeon Boss
    Day Time Back Ground
    King Slime
    Start Up Menu
    NPC's expect for dungeon boss and Golbins
    All Three Mushrooms and one of the slime types
    Flower of Fire
    Fallen Star and Zombie/Eye

Post any comments or questions below and i will try my best to read them all =).
  2. Roll Volnut Cursed Skull

Sloppy and resized, with images that look like they were ripped from a game with the magic wand tool x.x
    2/10.
    Puppetmaster likes this.
  3. Blitzkriegx Green Slime

Most stuff (all I think) are resized like Fany said, and the NPCs go through the ceiling and floors. You might not want to just paste something in place of mobs, because it doesn't match Terraria, and most of the times it looks weird. (Except Mikes TLOZ texture pack)
  4. SpinBuilder Green Slime

Jeez. At least use sprites from the 16 bit mario games. Actually, A super mario world pack sounds like a good idea. Either way, this isn't terribly nice looking, especially with the original terraria tiles.
  5. Crenox Green Slime

Sprites, not pictures man.

And for the menu, you should've made the sun from the game.
  6. Space Sphere Dark Caster

Sloppy.
    The best word to describe it.
    Fany likes this.
  7. Crenox Green Slime

No, not even that word.

Worse then that.
  8. Mudkips Cursed Skull

This is the worst texture pack to date.
    Fany and Hazza_h like this.
  9. SpinBuilder Green Slime

And then, you go back to the "texturepacks" forum to see "[WIiP 1Bitx oNE BeT tECSTER pACK!!!"
  10. WolfMimir Cursed Skull

Im sorry but this is not a texture pack, u just used pics from the internet, this is a pixel game not a photo game, look akward and feels really rushed, sorry from me u get -10000000000/10 for destroying a pixel game.....
  11. Mvhnexus Piranha

yeah its not great, but its the posters first texture pack
  12. illegal danish Green Slime

Yeah, geez give the guy a break, its his first texture pack after all. I Wouldn't say its the worst out there, I've definitely seen some bad ones, but A for effort lol. Sprites just aren't very good for it. But I do like the dungeon boss lol
    Mvhnexus likes this.
  13. SpinBuilder Green Slime

I fucking hate that excuse. It's their first pack, so what?! That doesn't excuse them for putting no effort into a pack. The images used are clearly ripped straight from Google images, with white still surrounding the edges. There's many issues with them, such as the background getting stretched vertically and just plain clashing. I don't see any effort at all. All I see is a lazy excuse to try to gain praise.
    EDIT:
    Compare this image to the "dungeon boss" image in the op.
    [IMG]
  14. illegal danish Green Slime

calm down lol, yes its obvious that they didn't do a stellar job, but my guess is that they're doin it to learn how and/ probably also for anyone who wants a mario texture pack.
    Mvhnexus likes this.
  15. SpinBuilder Green Slime

You obviously didn't read/understand my post. Just because It's their first texture pack doesn't mean they should put zero effort into it. Obviously not everyone's going to be a prodigy with texture packs, but really, With a little effort, this could have been at least somewhat good. The OP should have looked up some tutorials, used some other packs as reference, and realized the difference between pictures ripped from screenshots from a 3d and 2D sprites/tiles.
    DaPhenomena likes this.
  16. illegal danish Green Slime

Yeah, alright, so he definitely coulda worked a little harder on it, but it is his first and he had no experience. But Hey, at least he's learning how to correct everything through the comments.
    B: For creativity
    D: For Effort
    So that averages a C for the whole thing
    Delra and Mvhnexus like this.
  17. Glace Eskimo Zombie

I don't know about you but...

Attached Files:

18. Mike Cursed Skull

Something I would recommend is using sprites from 2D mario games instead of pictures from 3D games. This makes the sprites easier to work with and edit. I also recommend scrapping the background you added in and leaving the default background in. The Mario background you added looks really squished and doesn't really match up with the rest of the tiles since the background has a ground in it. Also, make the fire flower at an angle that makes it swing correctly.

I do think your Skeletron looks nice. With some more touching up, it could look really cool. Remember, don't resize the sprites un-proportionally unless it still looks ok afterwards.
  19. The skeletron looks nice, the rest of it though is horrible.
    Mvhnexus likes this.