PC Sweet Terraria 1.1! Oh wait.. Terraria: Error. System out of memory.

Discussion in 'Technical Support Archive' started by Lp57, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Lp57 Zombie

Played it fine the other day deleting worlds to make room for the update. Updated while I was out grocery shopping. Got all excited to see 1.1....

Click Terraria.....

Game screen loads........
    Terraria: Error
    System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.CreateTexture(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean mipMap, UInt32 usage, _D3DPOOL pool, SurfaceFormat format)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.RenderTarget2D.CreateRenderTarget(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean mipMap, SurfaceFormat preferredFormat, DepthFormat preferredDepthFormat, Int32 preferredMultiSampleCount, RenderTargetUsage usage)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.RenderTarget2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean mipMap, SurfaceFormat preferredFormat, DepthFormat preferredDepthFormat)
    at Terraria.Main.InitTargets()
    at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    at Terraria.Program.Main(String[] args)

And here I was worried the new lighting would kill my FPS like .05 did. Now I can't even play at all, sweet.

So far I've tried rebooting.. but still get the error. I am not happy at all.

Update: Well, it seems for most of us the new lighting system is the issue. What has worked for most of us is replacing the config.dat file located in My Documents > My Games > Terraria with a new one. This zipped Config.dat is clean, safe and 800x600 Resolution with Retro lighting. I think paralax is at 100 and frameskip is off.
    I personally play on a netbook so the resolution is fine for me. It still crashes if I try to use the new lighting system. Retro and Trippy work for me. It should load for you if it didn't before. If it still crashes for with this config.dat I'm not sure what to tell you. The changing background still cause major framerate drop, nothing we can do about that sadly.

Attached Files:

2. mikaldinho Green Slime

Your not the only one bro :(

I am also affected by the SAME problem.
  3. w0Lart Green Slime

I have this problem too T_T
  4. Omnipotence Demon Eye

5. mikaldinho Green Slime

Any suggestions to make the game work guys?
  6. Lp57 Zombie

So far no idea.. browsing the web trying to find solutions but finding jack. Fairly pissed atm.
  7. lonito Green Slime

i get dids

not very fun plz help

Attached Files:

• lol.png
      lol.png
      File size:
      152.5 KB
      Views:
  8. Lp57 Zombie

I've uninstalled and re-installed... still get same error.
  9. mikaldinho Green Slime

I guess we will all have to wait for a bug fix release patch thing... *SAD FACE*
  10. Lp57 Zombie

Tried increasing virtual memory and booting the game with only steam in memory. Still out of memory.
  11. adzo101 Green Slime

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Gonna watch this thread in case a solution pops up, but for now, it's getting late in Jolly England. Ironic, since I'm not at all jolly at the mo'.
  12. LocoRojo Squirrel

you can fix it by deledting your old terraria map Find here: Mydocuments/My games/ Terraria delete or replace the Terraria folder and it should be fixed but i have lagg in game and in yhe menu when the day changes to night. pls fix this bug devs
  13. adzo101 Green Slime

I love you LocoRojo.
  14. Lp57 Zombie

Doesn't work. Deleted contents of World folder, still out of memory.
  15. adzo101 Green Slime

Lp, you have to delete the entire Terraria folder.
  16. LocoRojo Squirrel

i did delete but my friend just moved the folder to his usb so... not sure about that but i'm happy i couldt help. it also helps to putt your resolution too 800x600. we need to get used to this till they get a patch out. :(

Btw spread the word ! :D
  17. thiagomei Squirrel

lol mod that was the first thread about the issue but nvm :p
  18. Lp57 Zombie

I did try all that. Tried the world, player, then config.dat, then the whole folder. Still out of memory so far.
  19. Scyth3x Bunny

You locked the wrong thread -.-...

Edit: and as i said in the thread back there for those who can't even start the game 'cause it crashes instantly someone could upload a fully tweaked "Config.dat" ? (meaning: setting resultion to 800x600,changing it to Retro, making it to windowed) please it's just 1KB..
  20. adzo101 Green Slime

I did what LocoRojo said and it worked. Got a solid 30 fps out of it on retro, 800x600, low lighting, and played for half an hour. Must say, 1.1 is quite brilliant. Love how you can kill bunnies now.