TConfig tConfig Mod Config.ini file resets on launch

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Catar, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Catar Green Slime

I also posted this in the main tConfig thread, but I feel like that might just get lost in the threadnaught.
    I'm trying to setup a tConfig server on my dedicated server. Every time the server launches, however, it resets the Mod Config.ini file so that two of the mods are turned off instead of on (ie: false instead of true), causing any world loaded to crash because it doesn't have those mods loaded.
    specific mods used:
    • scooterboot9697's Metroid Mod (turns false)
    • W1K's Misc Pack (turns false)
    • W1K's Monster Hunter Pack (stays true)
    • W1K's Warhammer pack (stays true)
    Because this is a dedicated server that I'm remoting into, and because it has no actual GPU, I can't launch tConfig Terraria to enable them ingame. It can (and does) successfully host unmodded Terraria servers, however.

If I attempt to create a tConfig world using the server exe, it does so successfully, but the server does not have the Metroid Pack or the Misc Pack loaded (judged by the world.txt file inside the World zip). Creating an identical world on my desktop does load those packs, but moving it to the server from there causes the server to crash, with errors such as "Error loading tiles Tile 'Phazon' does not exist. Mod 'Metroid Mod' needs to be loaded.'

Please help.
  2. Kaillera Green Slime

This is something that happens when I use it on a dedicated windows server 2008 for some particular mods. Some switches off, but other stays true.
  3. Shockah Grandson of the Wizard

The server "swallows" exceptions = if there is an error when loading a mod, it won't tell you about it like the client does. And as you know, the client turns off the mods that cause problems.
  4. Surfpup Raincoat Zombie

Not true, error messages on the server are now printed to console.

Are you able to see the console window when starting the server? There should be some error messages. If needed, I could make sure it prints mod load errors to a file.

See this post.