TehModAPI ~ Run multiple mods at once ~ kMod ~ Dynamic Textures ~ ResoChanger

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by iPie uDie, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7UR7L3

7UR7L3 Undead Viking

Wow, this looks really useful. I can't wait to see all the mods that people will make with this. So this is pretty much an all in one tool (tconfig + texture loader + whatever else people come up with). Looks good so far:D

2. iPie uDie

iPie uDie Green Slime

I have thought about that too, though it would require some actual definition of infrastructure of a networking framework. Not just... whatever you call what Terraria has.

Kyle873 likes this.
  3. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Voodoo Demon

how do you hotlink an image? xD

Edit. Nevermind i gots it xD

4. Merch

Merch Fire Imp

You are genius!
    Me use banner, okay :D

5. Kyle873

Kyle873 Devourer

I have implemented a character-independent item storage system with 400 (!) Item slots, 40 slots per page.

[​IMG]

And here's an example of a simple script you can run from my mod as well.

Code:
    bool msgbox = true;
    bool dropStarsIfDay = true;

void DropStars()
    {
        for (int i = 0; i <= 100; i++)
            Projectile.NewProjectile(Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position.X - Main.rand.Next(500, 1000), Main.player[Main.myPlayer].position.Y - Main.rand.Next(500, 1000), 5f, 5f, 12, 1000, 10f, Main.myPlayer);
    }

if (msgbox == true)
        if (Main.dayTime)
        {
            DialogResult result = MessageBox.Show("Do you want to change it to nighttime?", "Star Rain", MessageBoxButtons.YesNo, MessageBoxIcon.Question);
            if (result == System.Windows.Forms.DialogResult.Yes)
            {
                Main.dayTime = false;
                Main.time = Main.nightLength / 2;
                DropStars();
            }
            else
            {
                if (dropStarsIfDay)
                    DropStars();
            }
        }
        else
            DropStars();

[​IMG]

Glaydur likes this.
  6. iPie uDie

iPie uDie Green Slime

TehModAPI has been released for the first time! Try it out and report as many bugs as you find (hopefully there isn't any) in this thread!

NOTE** Advised not to try to create custom Items at this time as they will not function properly and dissappear doing many of the games functions. (E.G. Dropping)

7. Eikester

Eikester Possessed Armor

looks like you missed 1 or 2 files in your Download->System.IO.FileNotFoundException

8. kajack

kajack Green Slime

hmm it crashes on startup, i use windows 7 32bit, 4 gig of ram 2.8ghz quad core. and the only mod im using is worldedit.
    even without worldedit.dll it doesnt start

9. iPie uDie

iPie uDie Green Slime

Ok sorry guys! I have a tradition of forgetting to include my resources with releases. New downloads of the API are up. Sorry I'm really stupid like that T.T

10. Eikester

Eikester Possessed Armor

hm, both dlls (ResoChanger and the Texture Pack Changer) gives an System.NotSupportedException

11. iPie uDie

iPie uDie Green Slime

Ok, that time it's not my fault. It's natively done by windows when you download the file. I think I can fix it by uploading them in .zip files hang on.

EDIT: Everything is now OK go!

12. kajack

kajack Green Slime

okay that fixed it, i want to start making mods with this, so i started up the tutorial. at step 9 of page 5 with the post build event. i get the error
    The command "cd C:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria ‘TehModAPI.exe’" exited with code 1.
    i tryed some solutions from google those didnt work for me

13. iPie uDie

iPie uDie Green Slime

If you're using the dev version just make sure the name is right. I think its called "TehModAPI console.exe"? Make sure they are on seperate lines, and that double quotes surround the exe.

14. kajack

kajack Green Slime

awesome that fixed it, mind adding me on skype?

15. iPie uDie

iPie uDie Green Slime

Sure just pm me yours

16. kajack

kajack Green Slime

done

17. lug1a

lug1a Green Slime

is it possable to remap the gui key because i use tab as my inventory key
    because of oblivion and skyrim

18. iPie uDie

iPie uDie Green Slime

Umm.. I think it will be a lot easier for you just to remap the inventory key to something else.. Remappability of the tab key would require a meaningless save file so sorry... Maybe in the future if it fits into something else. But for now you can easily just remap your inventory key..

19. lug1a

lug1a Green Slime

aww heck
    ill use q. its the closest

20. Siveria

Siveria Tim

Honestly the only mods I'd like would be longer alch potion durations, and maybe a way to light up the entire world.. sick of torches and stuff, or a place torch hotkey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.