Terraria Biome Desktop Backgrounds!

Discussion in 'PC' started by Sinxar, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Sinxar Bunny

Created from ingame screenshots. They are generic with no logos or anything to get in the way.

They are 1920x1080.

Added spoiler tags because the images are quite large!

Canyon (open)

canyon.png

New Lake View (open)

Terraria_Lake_Colored.png

Forest (open)

Terraria Forest Day.png

Ocean Night (open)

Terraria Ocean Night.png

Hallow (open)

Hallow.png

Space (open)

Terraria Space.png
  2. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Well that is minimalist as it gets.
    Gungnir and Snirk Immington like this.
  3. Snirk Immington Raincoat Zombie

Minimalism = no mountains, water, trees, stars, moon, sun, clouds.
  4. Sinxar Bunny

Added Hallow biome!
    Hallow.png

Added Space! Who doesn't love space backgrounds!?

Any others you would like to see made? Need info: Biome, day/night/blood.

Thanks for checking these out. Believe it or not they actually take a bit of effort to make. The raw screenshots look pretty terrible (Lots of color banding).
    Stackerzgame and KLouD KoNNeCteD like this.
  5. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Space looks great.
  6. Star and Moon Blood Crawler

I like these, simple, but pretty.
  7. Sinxar Bunny

Updated! Added the lake view. Enjoy! I know I am.
    Stackerzgame likes this.
  8. kirabook ModMin

Will you be adding even more perhaps.... c8
    Snirk Immington likes this.
  9. Rariaz Angel Statue

THX Perfect to add back ground on terrafirma captures
    do you have more? like the jungle or corruption where did you find them?
  10. Sinxar Bunny

Unfortunately I don't have more ATM. Havent really had the time to make them. They are created from ingame screenshots then processed to help reduce the color banding and given some color balancing to brighten them up a bit.
  11. KasaraEm13 Snatcher

There's a really pretty Hallow one that I'd like... I'll try to get a screenshot of it in a bit.
  12. MLP Undead Viking

I wunt jungle >:c
  13. KasaraEm13 Snatcher

OK, I can't find it in my world, so maybe someone can help me. There's a Hallow background that looks like a bunch of lollipop-shaped, multi-colored trees. It's really pretty, I just don't know how find it again or if there's a certain mix of biomes needed for them... anyone know about it?
  14. MLP Undead Viking

(Cough) druuuuugs
  15. rubeszilla Angry Nimbus

The lake background is my favourite. I have to generate world after world before I get it :) Now I have it as my desktop wallpaper thank you.

The snowy mountains is another nice one.

I hope you upload all of the in-game backgrounds, I couldn't find them anywhere, would be nice to see them all.

I know this isn't a suggestions thread but I'm not too fond of the backgrounds that have the giant trees - they're out of perspective. I'd like to see more like the lake one, distant trees, gives the world a much greater sense of depth and aesthetics.
  16. rubeszilla Angry Nimbus

Sorry to double post.

Did you know the foreground trees are a random addition? You can get each background without foreground trees - would be nice to see them without the trees imo.
  17. Sinxar Bunny

These are old images (except the top two). You were unable to do that in the past.
  18. KasaraEm13 Snatcher

Found it finally. It's the new lake/mountain/cabin background Hallowed (at least that's how I got it anyway). I attempted to get screenshots, but man, I never realized how temperamental those backgrounds are. One block off from it and it switches. x.x

One. Two. Three.

Anyway, that would have to be my new favorite background. I wish I had it in one of my main worlds...
  19. Suika Ibuki Alien Invaders

These make really good references. Now I don't have to afk in areas to reference them anymore!
  20. Marshmallon Giant Worm

There is also a floating island background.