PC Terraria Collector's Edition (Pre-Order)

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Redigit, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ribaldron Green Slime

YES!!!! I would so want a plushie twins with a little elastic cord between them, pull one back and launch them across the room. :D

I'm still buying the CE but it would be nice if it had more bang for your buck, even if it was released as DLC on Steam at a discount for those who already own Terraria.

BUT I digress, I'm getting the box copy! Any word if we can activate any copy anywhere? I.E. can I just go ahead and order the UK Version here in the US and will all be good?

P.S. how bout a cloth map of the world. ;)
  2. Sage of Thyme Dark Caster

I wonder what would happen if I managed to kill it...

Would unicorns finally exist?
    Viinakeiju likes this.
  3. Thekillaov Squirrel

That would be great. My Little Pony fanatics screaming with joy, then a minute later they will scream with pain as of loss of various limbs.

Unicorns get hungry, we have to feed them. *extremely evil face*
    Mudkips and corruptsamurai like this.
  4. Sage of Thyme Dark Caster

Somewhere a Bronyphobe is planning something like this.
  5. FelixFB Green Slime

I would buy if it came with a Guide voodoo doll, or guide keychain. Crappy copper pickaxe with a wooden texture just won't cut it.
  6. Thekillaov Squirrel

I also would fear clowns even more. There scary enough as it is, don't give them bombs! :(
  7. Sage of Thyme Dark Caster

What about the Wyverns? Planes wouldn't be safe anymore.
  8. Thekillaov Squirrel

Aeroplane: There's a wyvern coming straight at us!
    *Wyvern smashes into front of the plane and explodes*
    Aeroplane: Well..... FREE LOOT!
    TehEpikMonk likes this.
  9. Sage of Thyme Dark Caster

Lol. I wonder where the Hallow would be.
  10. Dynafos Cursed Man

I have mixed-opinions about the in-game pet bunny. I got the game the day it game out, but I'd have to buy the game again for twice the price to get the rabbit. Maybe if the collector's edition had some other things, or maybe the bunny be an award for something else out-game. Just remember, this is my opinion, you may disagree with it, but don't be a jerk about it.
  11. Urza Demon Eye

As soon as this comes to the US it will be mine...
  12. Hirudo89 Cursed Man

Same here, think its kinda slap in the face for me, that i cant have the bunny (without double-price-shit). I mean, totally worth it for the price, i have played it twice as much as Skyrim... but when you own it already...
  13. I was disappointed when it wasn't a plushie, but I'd buy it anyways. Not because of the bunny, or pickaxe, or stuff, but because I <3 Terraria
  14. Dragonborn Undead Viking

I'm not buying this for the game or the cute bunny, but for the sake of it. :D
  15. dspauli Yellow Slime

this is better than an update. this is like 1.1 all over again!
  16. Replica616 Mouse

I already have way more than enough credit on amazon and I love the game. Why not. I guess the fact I'm not wasting my money is good too. Although they had better make sure the bunny respawns or is invincible, or the thing is not going to last long.
  17. Jerks The Groom

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Back the truck up, there, partner. If you've modified your registry to gain access to the bunny, that's your business, but let's be perfectly clear about one thing: you are absolutely violating the law by doing so.

Possession and ownership are two completely different things, and courts (in the U.S., at least) have long since established that you cannot "own" data the same way that you own a car, a blender, or a t-shirt. Terraria may not have a EULA, but that does not automatically grant you the right to do whatever you like with it.

1) 17 USC §1201(a)(1)(A) states that "No person shall circumvent a technological measure that effectively controls access to a work protected under this title."
    2) 17 USC §1201(a)(3)(B) states that "a technological measure 'effectively controls access to a work' if the measure, in the ordinary course of its operation, requires the application of information, or a process or a treatment, with the authority of the copyright owner, to gain access to the work."
    3) You are applying information, or a process or treatment in order to gain access to a copyrighted work without the copyright owner's authority.

As long as Terraria is copyrighted and you have not paid for access to this content, it is protected under USC §1201. And no matter how stupid, inane, or trivial their access control method is, it is still against US law to circumvent it.

Like I said earlier - what you do with your computer is your business. And I doubt that Re-logic would bother to sue anyone here over a bunny. But don't fool yourself. It's still wrong.

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, I am just some jerk on the internet. Nothing here should be construed as legal advice.
  18. The_Hollowed Green Slime

Can we first-day buyers get anything special? Just a pet bunny? Or a discount on the extra content? Please? :)
  19. Thekillaov Squirrel

No, why should you?
  20. Seiga Snow Flinx

I just feel like a collector's edition for this sort of game is kind of a dumb thing

it's like dwarf fortress going retail or something
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.