Terraria Creative mode!

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Mikesteam1234, Sep 21, 2011.

?

Would you want creative mode in terraria?

Yes! 3 vote(s) 75.0%
Maybe im not sure... (reason why) 1 vote(s) 25.0%
NO! (reason why maybe) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Mikesteam1234 Cursed Skull

I was just thinking of building somthing huge in terraria With hellstone bcricks by the thousands and lots of obsidian bricks dungeon blocks .... but alas I have none of them... I got sad :(... BUT THEN :) I thought I should put of the idea of TERRERIA CREATIVE MODE!

Keep this thread up! If you like it vote and post a comment below!(we might just get this in the game)

For those of you who do not know what creative mode is.. It is essitally a world in which you have unlited amounts of anything! to build with, or to see what new in patchs (whatever you want with them)

Here is how it would work!
    Creating a player would work like this if you wanted to play in creative!
    1. Make hime/her the way you like
    2. Select the creative mode (softcore, mediumcore, hardcore, creative mode)
    3. name him/her

How to create a creative world!
    1. With your creative guy seleted click make world
    2. select the size (small, medium, or large)
    3. Since you have a creative player it would turn into a creative world

Rules!
    1. Non creative players can not go into creative worlds!
    2. creative players can not go into non creative worlds!

Once in this world you would have an UNLIMITED HP and MANA... when you go into you crafting tab you would see all of the blocks! instead of seeing just the one row of craftable items you would have multiple rows of items! each row would have its own catagory!

EXAMPLE:
    row1..........row2.................row3
    Blocks ......armor/vanity....furniture

Jordan Duncans input!
    - i think 'creative' or 'adventure' (the normal wold) would be the first choice you make when creating a world, then you choose small / medium / large.
    - creative worlds wouldn't have enemies, so you can build in peace.
    - rather than have unlimited HP / Mana, the bars simply don't exist. if your never going to get hurt, whats the point in clogging up the interface?
    - i think requiring the crafting stations would still be a good idea, just to keep the interface simple. However, the crafting stations themselves could be made at anytime without materials.
    - no crafting would require materials, only the requisite crafting station. to make a grandfather clock, simply walk up to your sawmill and select it in the menu. Voila, you have a clock!
    - Rocket Boots could have unlimited use, to facilitate quick movement around your structures. Alternatively, you could simply allow the player to fly. Double jump to start flying, normal arrow keys to navigate.
    - The range of the player would be significantly increased, say 1/4 of the screen on default resolution, to allow better ease of placing and removing blocks, furniture or decorations.
    - Perhaps you would have some further options when creating the world, such as presence and placement of a dungeon, corruption, desert ETC, size of the oceans.
    - In creative mode, the player can choose to spawn Meteors and choose where they would land, or just let them land randomly.

While i dont have the programming knowledge, this could almost definitely be made into a mod for the game as it currently stands.

MORE TO COME STAY POSTED!
    KillerFromDutch likes this.
  2. jordan duncan Yellow Slime

i think this will most likely eventually be implemented in some way or another.

my input:

- i think 'creative' or 'adventure' (the normal wold) would be the first choice you make when creating a world, then you choose small / medium / large.
    - creative worlds wouldn't have enemies, so you can build in peace.
    - rather than have unlimited HP / Mana, the bars simply don't exist. if your never going to get hurt, whats the point in clogging up the interface?
    - i think requiring the crafting stations would still be a good idea, just to keep the interface simple. However, the crafting stations themselves could be made at anytime without materials.
    - no crafting would require materials, only the requisite crafting station. to make a grandfather clock, simply walk up to your sawmill and select it in the menu. Voila, you have a clock!
    - Rocket Boots could have unlimited use, to facilitate quick movement around your structures. Alternatively, you could simply allow the player to fly. Double jump to start flying, normal arrow keys to navigate.
    - The range of the player would be significantly increased, say 1/4 of the screen on default resolution, to allow better ease of placing and removing blocks, furniture or decorations.
    - Perhaps you would have some further options when creating the world, such as presence and placement of a dungeon, corruption, desert ETC, size of the oceans.
    - In creative mode, the player can choose to spawn Meteors and choose where they would land, or just let them land randomly.

While i dont have the programming knowledge, this could almost definitely be made into a mod for the game as it currently stands.
  3. Noahtek Green Slime

This would be cool, maybe have a tool you can use to signal where you want meteors and stuff to fall -- maybe something like the magic missile but wherever the missile hits anything, that is where the meteor falls.