Terraria does not start up- Graphics card problem?

Discussion in 'In-Game Support Archive' started by Davichococat, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Davichococat

Davichococat Green Slime

Hello. New on this forums.

I buyed the game yesterday. I didn't buy it on my computer. After installing it, it gave a error. Now that I get to my computer, it gives the same error:

Code:
    No suitable graphics card found.

Could not find a Direct3D device that supports the XNA Framework Reach profile.

Verify that a suitable graphics device is installed.

Make sure the desktop is not locked,an that no other application is running in full screen mode.

Avoid running under Remote Desktop or as Windows service.

Check the display properties to make sure hardware acceleration is set to Full.
    I looked at the XNA compatible graphic cards list, but it didn't show my Graphics card anywhere.

Oh, and by the way, my sistem is Windows XP, my graphic card is SiS M760GX and my DirectX version is 9.0c.

I can't tell my version of the game but I think its the latest one, because I downloaded the game yesterday.

Waiting for help. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Spartan John

Spartan John Green Slime

I had the "no graphics card found" problem too, but I already had around 20+ hours of game play in it so I was stumped. I started to look around for a viable solution, but I really couldn't find one.

Well I was going to tell you a little story to show you exactly how I figured it out, but I really don't feel like it, lol: exit out of Firefox before playing this game. That's how I got mine to work, hope this helps.

3. Davichococat

Davichococat Green Slime

Doens't works, but thanks for the help.

4. Bluetooh

Bluetooh Cursed Man

I also I have the same problem ... and I'm trying to solve since the game came out .. anything .. anyone help me .. look at this postthere over 5000 with this problem .. and I want who help me ...
    http://www.terrariaonline.com/posts/278183/

5. Davichococat

Davichococat Green Slime

Ok, I'm pretty sure the problem is my stupid graphics card. And I know I will find no solution, so I give up. Now the question is: What's the best/a good graphics card to play Terraria? If possible, say the approximate price of it. I'm going to buy a new one(yes, I'm really desesperate to play this game).

6. tomany2

tomany2 Green Slime

Does NOBODY read the terraria troubleshooting before posting?

Seriously guys. http://www.terraria.org/issues.html

Also if you want a new graphics card, i suggest Tigerdirect.com, i got a Nvidia 570GTX for 122.99

7. Davichococat

Davichococat Green Slime

Version of DirectX: 9.0c

I can't find the drivers for my graphic card on the SiS website, so I can't update it.

8. Davichococat

Davichococat Green Slime

Oh my, did I wasted $10 on a game that doens't works?
    I think I will stick to Minecraft.

9. TetrisChemist

TetrisChemist Green Slime

10. BigBoogerBot

BigBoogerBot Dark Caster

One thing you can try is look for the hardware settings, and up the hardware acceleration to max.

I don't know exactly where that is because I don't use integrated graphics.

11. msz9

msz9 Green Slime

I think your graphics card sucks.

12. Davichococat

Davichococat Green Slime

I got a new computer and now terraria works. Yay.

And yes, my (old) graphic cards sucks hard.

13. Arech

Arech Doctor Bones

SiS M760GX works with Direct3D 8.1 PS 1.3, not with D3D9 which XNA requires.

14. Rydian

Rydian Blood Crawler