Terraria Load Failed!

Discussion in 'In-Game Support Archive' started by ImpatientSpade, Jul 4, 2011.

1. ImpatientSpade

ImpatientSpade Green Slime

When ever I try to load my "World1" map, I get an error saying 'Load Failed'.
    I have the option to 'Load backup', if I click that I then get an error message 'Load Failed, No backup found".

In my Terraria folder, there are 2 "World1" save files, 'World1.wld' and 'World1.sav'
    What is this .sav file?

All my other save worlds do not have a .sav file, they instead have a .bak file!

Also, after attempting to load my backup, my .bak file is deleted!

Please help!

2. Terraria Player

Terraria Player Green Slime

well do you have a no-licensed terraria if you do your world files dont work when a update happens

3. ImpatientSpade

No, it is a legal copy of Terraria.
    Is there anyway to fix or restore my map?

4. Norbi507

Norbi507 Green Slime

I have the same problem after i had to restart my computer (and it was a hosted game).
    So now i can't load both in single, and multyplayer.. Can i fix that somehow? :S

And ofcourse it's a legal copy of Terraria.
    (bought on steam yesterday with my friend..)

5. knifeproz

knifeproz Green Slime

If you still have the .bak of the world, delete the original and rename .bak to .wld and it should work. If it doesn't work, uninstall terraria. Back your stuff up just in case, but it shouldn't get deleted. Then install it again. Sometimes after updating games in steam, not everything get's correctly updated and the only way to get a clean update is to re-install the game.

Terraria Player likes this.
  6. Norbi507

Norbi507 Green Slime

Thanks the fast answer!
    I found the world file here: My Documents / My Games / Terraria / Worlds
    But there is only world2.wld and a 0kb world2.wld.sav

I reinstalled, still now working :/ But now the world2.wld.sav is around 70mb instead of 0kb.

7. Norbi507

Norbi507 Green Slime

Please help! :p

8. BigBoogerBot

BigBoogerBot Dark Caster

The world should be more than 0.

9. Norbi507

Norbi507 Green Slime

Yea.. I think we going to start a new World :/
    I'm a bit disappointed, we lost our cool items! :S And 1 grapling hook yay, this is so useful! :D

Ok, i would appreciate any future help here! ;)

10. ImpatientSpade

Thanks for the help guys, I decided to just restart from a previous back backup.
    My .bak file appeared to be corrupt as well because I tried making it my .wld file and it still did not work!

11. nielzo

nielzo Green Slime

This must be fixed, my whole world.bak file disappeared. I dont want to back up every 10 minutes... Is there anybody who knows whats the problem? Are the devs aware of this?

12. BigBoogerBot

BigBoogerBot Dark Caster

Try turning off autosave. And manually backup. Copy paste the My Documents -> My Games -> Terraria folder.

13. The Heavich

The Heavich Green Slime

Can I just ask you a few questions ,since I have the same problem as you do.
    1. What was your "corrupted" world's size?
    2. Was it Hardmode or Pre-Hardmode?
    3. Did you receive any error messages before you found out your file was corrupted (e.g. "Run Terraria through Steam client")?

Thanks in advance! :)

14. Razor Knight

Razor Knight Mushi Ladybug

The thread's maker hasn't been around for more than two years, it's safe to assume they don't even remember the forums by now. In any case, you would be better off posting a new thread to ask about your problem, as posting to dead threads is seen as a bad thing around here.

For what it's worth, it's obvious the problem was not generated during Hardmode, as back in July 2011 there was no hardmode at all.