Important Terraria Mobile Updates & Fixes

Discussion in 'Mobile' started by Loki ISP, Sep 25, 2013.

1. JaxonRAGE

JaxonRAGE Zombie

I really hope it doesn't take another week to be released

2. Fnsy

Fnsy Mouse

Same critical bug for me too, can't even play anymore! :( ( iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0)

EDIT: I suggest you do NOT install this update and wait until the next one if you have this same phone and OS version

3. witch doctor

witch doctor Green Slime

I can verify everyone's freeze issue on an iPhone 5 and an iPad 4th Gen. with iOS 7. Don't update until this gets fixed!

4. mb700

mb700 Bunny

I know Logan is on vacation but I ran it by him on his profile in hopes that he comes across it and reads it :)

505Games likes this.
  5. TerrarianLover2323

TerrarianLover2323 Green Slime

I love the new update, but i do not like the new crash where i cant even play the game on the iPod 4 and the ipad 3..

it stinks about that crash!

6. witch doctor

witch doctor Green Slime

Fnsy likes this.
  7. mb700

mb700 Bunny

Along with my post on Logan's profile, the bug CAN'T be missed!

8. Semus

Semus Yellow Slime

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. Game freezes on iPod 4th gen as soon as you hit PLAY.

9. so 2 numbers or letters in one byte right?
    LUCKILY I FORGOT MY IPAD OTHERWISE IM TOTALLY DOOMED

10. Loki ISP

Loki ISP Moderator Staff Member

I'll make sure these issues are seen ASAP.

Thanks for raising them folks!

Hang in there....

11. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Moderator Staff Member

I haven't tried the player editing yet, but....

With a NEW player in an OLD world, some of the chests did not function (don't highlight, can't open). Anyone else seeing this?

edit: just to be clear, these were chests I placed in my base and stored stuff in. Some work, some don't.

12. Blux

Blux Mouse

Doh!
    I updated without checking here first.

Same crash at loading screen when "PLAY" is pressed.

iPhone 5
    iOS 6.0.2

13. NightLights

NightLights Mouse

Yes. Thank you.

14. Gmodlol61

Gmodlol61 Necromancer

WAIT WHAT

15. Ov3r

Ov3r Mouse

Hopefully the lag for Samsung Galaxy S4 is fixed... Oh wait, I can't tell because support has been dropped for the S4!? >_<

[​IMG]

nicb1 likes this.
  16. Decipher

Decipher Angel Statue

Yes, same for the Nexus 7 (2012). Installed on my Galaxy Nexus though. I'm guessing it's a screen size thing, and if it's intentional I'll be very annoyed, as I bought the game on my Nexus 7 to play there first, and installed it secondarily on my phone.

I'd prefer slow fixes that are tested instead of rushed fixes that break, it's not like we've had to wait so long.

Only upside is that I can still play the older version on my Nexus 7 until they fix this update.

TDog likes this.
  17. Vis-01

Vis-01 Green Slime

psifertex said: ↑
    1) Move all your .player files from the Terraria\Documents folder on your iOS device to a computer with a tool like iExplorer
    2) Load Terraria, you should be able to create a new character and you'll also see your old worlds.
    3) Quit Terraria, copy the new .player file to your computer as well.
    4) Copy the first 0x140 (that's the first 320 bytes) from your old .player file on top of the first 0x140 bytes of the new, working player file.
    5) Copy the player file back.
    6) Enjoy being one of the only people with an iOS device running Terraria 1.0.1 actually able to play the game!

This fixes the freeze issue! Took a little bit of messing about but did it all from iFile right from my device. I'm currently running 4s iOS 5.1.1 JB. Thanks a lot!!!

D3XMAN likes this.
  18. Ov3r

Ov3r Mouse

Yeah... I was Looking forward to the lag fix on the galaxy S4 because it seems like it runs at 30 FPS when I know Galaxy S4's can power To 60 FPS easy. I agree with screen size thing. If it is intentional I will be pissed.

19. xR4zz

xR4zz Mouse

Terraria Free App is not compatible for Xperia Z and I can't find the paid app. :(
    I bought the app since it was released.

20. Buddha

Buddha Undead Viking

If you are using the same googleaccount - yes you can. But keep in mind, that your save games may corrupt or even doesn't work (manually transfered from one to each other smartphone's save location, or via ingame features).