Terraria not downloading right

Discussion in 'PC' started by hellow27, Oct 11, 2013.

1. hellow27 Eskimo Zombie

Whenever I try to join a certain server, it thinks my client is hacked and gives the following message:

Hacked: Your client did not send a UUID, this server is not configured to accept such a client.

My terraria is not hacked, and I tried redownloading it through steam, and it gives the same error. When I have steam validate the game files, it says:

'One files failed to validate and will be redownloaded'

But, if I validate it again it still says the same thing, as if either it's not downloading it or it's downloading a corrupt file. Anyone know what could be causing this or what I should do? Any help would be appreciated!
  2. Briqs Angel Statue

I've got the exact same problems, except it says kicked in the error, rather than hacked.

Is there anyone here that can explain this?
  3. IcyPhoenix Fire Imp

Hi,

UUID is a unique identifier given to terraria clients, if you do not have one, it generally means you have pirated terraria.

From your story thou it seems you might actually have a copy, try deleting the local files, and reinstalling terraria again.

-Icy
  4. hellow27 Eskimo Zombie

I did, nothing happened. I also hit verify local game files, and every time it finds a problem file, either it's redownloading a broken one, or it's not downloading it right. Also, I do have a legit terraria, i'll post a pic once I get on my computer. Also, I think it said kicked, I don't really remember
  5. Rydian Floaty Gross

If it's just that one server, then they need to update their server software or update/revise the plugins they're using.
  6. IcyPhoenix Fire Imp

UUID doesn't have an update in tshock, if the client has a blank one, then its blank - nothing to do with the server itself.
  7. Rydian Floaty Gross

They said it was one certain server. If this was the vanilla server software and it was indeed an issue with his client, then it stands to reason that it would happen on other servers.
  8. IcyPhoenix Fire Imp

No it doesn't stand to reason it will happen on other servers, because the only server that checks for blank uuid is tshock, and thats not even a default option turned on.
  9. Rydian Floaty Gross

If he's only having an issue on the one server with a legit and clean version of the game, and the one server is using modified server software, then it's the setup of the server that's at fault for not allowing a clean client to join.

Unless he's redownloading Terraria and then re-doing some mods to it or something.
  10. IcyPhoenix Fire Imp

How about we stop speculating, and if he comes back to this thread, I can ask him to join my server and I'll see if its the server or if its his client.
  11. Briqs Angel Statue

Sorry about not having replied earlier, but I have tried reinstalling,validating, and many other suggestions. But regardless of this, 2dforts (the server I'm having the issue with) is constantly denying access.
  12. Zaflis Bone Serpent

13. DasKabuscus Herpling

I uninstalled Terraria, deleted everything Terraria-related in my Steamapps folder, re-installed it and that worked. I also deleted my character and world files and things of that nature, but I don't know if that was necessary or not.
  14. atom0s Voodoo Demon

Sorry to bump this but to fix this issue, do the following:
    • Open your Terraria save location at:
      • C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME_HERE\Documents\My Games\Terraria
    • Locate the file config.dat
    • Delete the file config.dat
    This is the file that holds your UUID. You may not have had one generate properly or you may have used a cheat/hack that removes it. Deleting the config.dat file will force Terraria to generate a new one and solve the issue.
    boto3798 and Snirk Immington like this.
  15. Briqs Angel Statue

Thanks atom0s, your suggestion worked.