Terraria on Android? Looks like it!

Discussion in 'PC' started by ahamling27, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahamling27 Map Expert/Admin

2. ibowser123 Paladin

At he bottom of the article:

Murgo:"It should be noted in the article, that the original game is required to play Branches. That might mitigate the butthurt a bit."

Just noting that little thing :p
    Reminds me of that Ipod game that ripped the sprites from Minecraft and made a 2D game from it. :p
  3. Blue Lit Spore Zombie

looks like they're doing the same little as Minecraft are... whats terraria gonna do next? get it on the PS3? XD jk, jk, but i would hope they get it on the 360... or that stupid, annoying/****py PS3, xbox 360 kicks the PS3 ****!
    warmaster949 likes this.
  4. ahamling27 Map Expert/Admin

Yep, and I was suckered into paying $.99 for it. It was terrible. I don't have an android otherwise I'd be all over this. And I don't see this guy making an iOS port either.
  5. iNfiniTe Se7eNz Official Terraria Online Post Whore

Out of curiosity, how much/little is Redigit involved with this?
    Lom 2 likes this.
  6. Jedi Green Slime

It would be really cool if they have it on the Android, But I would rather have it on the PlayStation 3 or the X-box 360 maybe even the Wii. I have PlayStation so I would be happy if they make it on this system. :D
  7. ahamling27 Map Expert/Admin

This is no place to start a console flame war, but it's common knowledge that the PS3 is more powerful. :p

None.
  8. Jedi Green Slime

So you say Redigit had no part in this? So who did it Tiy? or some other game creator?
  9. ahamling27 Map Expert/Admin

If you read the article, it was just some guy in his basement.
    Lom 2 and Chaos like this.
  10. Jedi Green Slime

lol, I wonder what he did down there while he was making it on the Android... :D
  11. Blue Lit Spore Zombie

you wanna go there? just try it laddie!
  12. iNfiniTe Se7eNz Official Terraria Online Post Whore

Isn't that illegal because it's for-profit?
  13. ibowser123 Paladin

Haha, that's a funny joke. (I'm jking. Xbox is a good system...without CoD that is.)

Anyway, I'm sure it'll get on the Homebrew channel for the Wii eventually.
    But no clue about Ps3 or Xbox.

Wii all the way! xD

(Wii actually has some good games on it, you just have to be smart enough to not buy any of those "Mario is in this game. Buy it. We put no effort whatsoever into this game. Buy it. now. Its only $60!" Or anything like that (I have a whole list of good Wii games xD)
    ahamling27 likes this.
  14. ahamling27 Map Expert/Admin

Nope, it uses the Terraria you bought on Steam. It does not redistribute the code from Terraria. It just installs a wrapper program on your android device and it uses DropBox to sync all the Terraria files/worlds/players for you. Pretty ingenious I might add. :)
  15. ibowser123 Paladin

What about the 5-$7 he charges to get it on Android?
    Or would that count as commission (or whatever the word is) for him making the wrapper?
  16. ahamling27 Map Expert/Admin

Kind of, since all the code he is distributing is his, there is almost nothing Red can do. It's like the MacWrapper someone developed and put up on here for download. Sure, he could give it away, but apparently he's put too much time and effort into it and he thinks that deserves charging for it.
    Lom 2 likes this.
  17. Sgt. Bob Hell Bat

Seems interesting, to bad I don't have an Android. Brad Gearon is a genius.

There is one problem I have about the article though... "Terraria is, it’s a side-scrolling version of Minecraft," why do people still call it a side scrolling/2D version/copy of Minecraft, and what about those that don't know what Minecraft is (even though there are probably very few now that it is on the Xbox 360). I would've said, "Terraria is a sidescrolling mixture of sandbox and a RPG."
  18. Henkedew Slimed Zombie

Looks like this was made for Samsung Galaxy note.... Too bad i dont have one
  19. Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

Too bad I have a Pocket PC.
  20. ahamling27 Map Expert/Admin

It has been said to work on most android devices running android v 2.2 or higher. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.