Terraria on the Wii and 3DS?

Discussion in 'PC' started by ChippyGaming, Dec 11, 2012.

1. ChippyGaming Angry Nimbus

What do you guys think? maybe they're just leaving the possibility's open but I think they're definitely* hinting at something!
    Dark Fire Wolf likes this.
  2. Star and Moon Blood Crawler

Both have control sets that work for Terraria, so it's definitely possible.
  3. Jeckel Moderator

I think you are reading way to much into the same public relations lines that they have been answering every question with. I'm guessing you haven't had a lot of dealings with PR and marking people, as I can't imagine one of them using the more exact word 'both' when the ambiguous word 'each' is available.

They announced that the game would be on XBox and PS3, what exactly makes you think they wouldn't have just said XBox, PS3, and Wii if they were working on all three? Doesn't make much sense to announce two of the consoles and keep the third as some kind of big secret that people need to deduce through obscure clues.
    Mr.Person likes this.
  4. Mythril Guy Voodoo Demon

Maybe they thought about it, but never quite gave it much thought. Maybe it's an idea, rather than an implementation.
  5. I really wonder, why the heck are they releasing it on consoles that are 7 or 8 years old, rather than a new one?
  6. Tunnel King Moderator

Maybe Red didn't sell the rights to a Wii or 3DS version to 505. We know he didn't sell them the PC rights.

Jeckel is spot-on, this is PR-speak. They aren't going to say yes, no, or anything else you can pin them down to. If it happens, yay (I guess), if not, nothing has changed.

//goes back to playing/making mods.
  7. ChippyGaming Angry Nimbus

Maybe I am just looking to much into this, and you're right I haven't had much experience with PR, maybe they're just using one liners but 'We've announced for Xbox and PS3 *so far*' just seems odd and they have answered similar console questions and they always use 'so far' I don't know, just some ideas :)
  8. Jeckel Moderator

And that is exactly why they use terms like 'so far', because it gives you hope and keeps you talking about the product. A good PR person never says 'no'. They wouldn't say "We do not plan to release for the Blah system", they say "We have announced for the Foo and Bar systems so far". They both mean the exact same thing, but one of them sounds like a maybe. Think of it in pure business terms. If they were working on a release of some other system, how does it improve the company's bottom line to not be marketing the shit out of that system's fan base from the very start? Similarly, if they aren't currently planning anything for that system, how does it help their bottom line to admit as much to that fan base?

I'm not trying to ruin your fun, but just don't get your hopes to high. There very well may be a Wii version at some point. They might get the rights tomorrow, whip their programmers till blood flows, and release the Wii version right along with the XBox and PS3 versions. But, it is a mistake to think that PR generated non-information are clues that need to be deciphered. That way lies madness. :)
    Mr.Person likes this.
  9. PowerCosmic Werewolf

Xbox 360 is still the best selling console in the US, and most of the top selling games in the US are for the 360. Why the PS3 is included at all is more what I'm wondering about, because Microsoft and Nintendo are just pummeling Sony.
  10. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

"defiantly" hinting at something?lol
  11. Loki ISP Moderator

There is no need to make a post to correct a spelling error.

Just acknowledge it (or not), edit the original, and move on. I think everyone knew what was meant anyway.

It just keeps each post tight and avoids clutter - thanks!
    James Bennett likes this.
  12. Voyager Face Monster

I thought he was a defiant type of guy.
    James Bennett likes this.